Ideas that haven't saved pool

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Maybe sex toys, prophylactics, tattoo and piercing services or bail bondsmen. Things pool players relate to.
How about fast food restaurants, spend $20 on the sponsors products, and they'll pay the $20 in live streaming for you! I know thats hard for anyone to imagine, but Yum Brands for example has 50,000 locations in over 150 countries around the world, and spend a half billion a year on food for thought advertising!! Why not sponsor pool with direct sales!!! $20 for $20!!!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's no more expensive than pool. That $20 round of golf equals abut $5/hour, cheaper than most pool rates. My clubs cost less than the shaft on my cue. It also gets you outside walking around in the fresh air. I should golf more...
What cow pasture are you guys playing golf at for $20?

IMHO... Matchroom WPM was pretty cool... Keep refining the concept on the big stage with excellent commentary and great camera work...

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So many places to golf for $20 in the greater Phoenix area. It's a bit hot out, but the courses are in great shape!
That's cheap., even for summer prices. Cheapest I've played in FL s $35 after 2:00. But way too hot. But not like Phoenix. I stayed at Star Pass (I think) and played 9 every morning and it was like an oven. Made the lazy river that much nicer.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Would wives think of the pool hall as a place to drop off their husbands and pick them up later?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's cheap., even for summer prices. Cheapest I've played in FL s $35 after 2:00. But way too hot. But not like Phoenix. I stayed at Star Pass (I think) and played 9 every morning and it was like an oven. Made the lazy river that much nicer.
You're not kidding! I moved here from Florida. I'll take AZ heat all day over FL heat.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
What cow pasture are you guys playing golf at for $20?
$20 is about average around here, but you have to time your stroke if you want to get through the clown mouth and avoid the windmill blades.

6bf8fafe1b15ea13cf6c6903bb2bc35d.jpg

That reminds me...putt putt golf used to be on Wide World of Sports pretty regularly back in the 70's.
But keep in mind that back then the sponsorship dollars were all about the commercials that network TV sold. The content...log rolling, putt putt, badminton, demolition derby, ski jumping, and yes, pool...were shown because the network didn’t have to pay them much if anything for broadcast rights. We watched it because it was sports and it was one of 3 things on TV at that moment. The networks knew that and spent as little as possible to put on a show.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Pin

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
News Flash:

Nobody pays to watch pool.

Sadly it just don’t work like that

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Has anyone tried to use pool as a dating app?

That would add more social proofing to the dating pool. There is more accountability if the users have some common territory.

The adult single parent has the most challenging time meeting people.

RacerX750

Registered
Instead of looking for a sponsor it has to get the attention of a cable TV entity. They're the ones "crafting" shows, because they know what gets ratings. Pool should appeal to sports junkies because they can bet on it. If an endless series of house hunter/home improvement/real estate agent shows and The Laundry Guy get produced (https://www.hgtv.com/shows/the-laundry-guy) why not pool? I have no idea how to make that happen, but that's my take on it.
I've been told that somewhere in the past the pool players fixed a tournament and pissed off Vegas, maybe enough time has passed that they'd give the sport another chance.

Cuedup

The UFC teamed up with a channel and produced The Ultimate Fighter. The UFC blew up and became hugely successful.

The APA , the BCA or some other league could follow that format but "pool" could not.