WWYD: Jump or Kick

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. Working on that but GOTTA do subrails too and really don't want to mail them to Georgia.
I understand.

I need to redo my rails too. New cushions and cloth. Pain but it’s that time.

I was just joking anyways.

I’m a kicker at that range, with a full ball. Edge of a ball I’m a jumper.

Good luck,
Fatboy

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand.

I need to redo my rails too. New cushions and cloth. Pain but it’s that time.

I was just joking anyways.

I’m a kicker at that range, with a full ball. Edge of a ball I’m a jumper.

Good luck,
Fatboy
Shit. Your point was no joke.

That cloth is near 15ys in my house and came with the used table when I bought it.
Screenshot_20210526-001328.jpg

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting... The cut is very tiny and actually unnecessary. In fact you'd be working the pocket to generate that cutting angle. Where would you expect to have the CB finish with a stop shot to slgiht draw. I would be concerned about being to far below the 6 to pot it in the same corner.
In my head I see the ob going in the center of the
pocket and the cueball bouncing back an inch
or two towards the long rail.
I did just bomb the Dr. Dave physics test so I
may be way off.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't the jump hard to reach ?

I am kicking soft to cut the 4 thin to end rail , whitey goes across and may not leave a shot.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
who would come off the long rail to kick?
why?
who would come off the short rail and kick?
why?

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always felt more comfortable kicking since that's what I practiced more. Never liked having the ball leave the table for any reason personally.
Exactly! Who the hell wants to take a chance on getting a ball ding on their freshly restored Anniversary walnut rails from an errant CB. I need to post that sign in my room I suppose.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
This jump is as close to 100% as it gets for me. The kick is simple too. I'll jump, though. I'm playing aggressively most of the time.

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really don't want my opponent back at the table. If I'm going to sell out it's going to be shooting the jump shot.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My initial instinct says jump it. But I notice the same thing that alphadog noticed...
Where the cue ball position is, it looks like a tough jump for a right hander. You might be able to reach it with a dart stroke. Left hander, it would be easier. Especially if this is a 9 foot table.

I think even a massé would be a reach. Kick at it.

Last edited: