Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I’m definitely excited for this endeavour. I don’t know if we will see a 600 ball run but I expect this to result in some massive runs on video depending on who is invited. The DCC high run challenge provided many 200 ball runs in recent years and that was on a diamond table with a limit on attempts.

With world class players, softer equipment (I’m assuming) and more attempts per player I have to imagine we will have an embarrassment of riches with respect to 400+ runs on video,

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
For what it's worth, comming from someone who is "nobody" in the world of pool, I don't know why anyone thinks these guys are somehow obligated to invite JS. As they said, JS did things his way (and as far as I know he didn't invite any other players to join his party) and these guys are now putting together an attempt event for their group.

I have pushed back and even ridiculed some of the unfounded accusations made about JS and his run but it's done purely in the interest of what I consider basic fairness. I have no connections to anyone involved. The same applies here. They can and should do whatever they want with their table, cameras and money whether it's one or a hundred invitees.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the kind words. I know alot of people are ready to see pool played at its highest level and it will happen soon. The room is almost done being remodeled and waiting on a few more new tables to be delivered.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Didn't say it might not happen.

Anywhos, some very high level players have already expressed an interest in participating. It's going to happen and it's going to be fun.

Lou Figueroa

Well I would hope that these players, all with what did Bobby say, better records than John Schmidt, would be interested in chasing the, how did you describe it...... I don't know and am not inclined to search..... alleged really lucrative payouts.

You all call it whatever you want. I will call it the Jealous of John Schmidt Shit Show. But it might produce a world record run and if so then great! John will always be the first who officially broke Mosconi's record and anyone who does it in your Jealous of John Show will be second.

For what it's worth, comming from someone who is "nobody" in the world of pool, I don't know why anyone thinks these guys are somehow obligated to invite JS. As they said, JS did things his way (and as far as I know he didn't invite any other players to join his party) and these guys are now putting together an attempt event for their group.

I have pushed back and even ridiculed some of the unfounded accusations made about JS and his run but it's done purely in the interest of what I consider basic fairness. I have no connections to anyone involved. The same applies here. They can and should do whatever they want with their table, cameras and money whether it's one or a hundred invitees.

Of course. It is just really obvious to many of us what the motivation here is. Bobby could have done this anytime in the past 20-30 years. He told me a decade ago that he was worth 8 million dollars. The goal here isn't to promote straight pool it is to attempt to knock John Schmidt. It is clear that Lou and Bobby don't think John ran 626 balls. And it is clear that IF they were to receive the proof they think that they are entitled to in the form of an uncut video recording of the run that they don't think that John could have done it without "cheating" in the form of the alleged manipulation of the table to play very "easy".

It's just jealously based on very real and disgusting public beefs that both of them have had with John in the past. So no, they are under no obligation to invite John but it sure looks goofy when they don't. Especially when both of them have used the question of whether John is invited as an excuse to insult him even more.
I’m definitely excited for this endeavour. I don’t know if we will see a 600 ball run but I expect this to result in some massive runs on video depending on who is invited. The DCC high run challenge provided many 200 ball runs in recent years and that was on a diamond table with a limit on attempts.

With world class players, softer equipment (I’m assuming) and more attempts per player I have to imagine we will have an embarrassment of riches with respect to 400+ runs on video,
Should be interesting. I also hope for a nice event and some big runs. If big runs happen by people who barely play straight pool then I think it will be a testament to straight pool not being as difficult as some might want to believe.

Thanks for the kind words. I know alot of people are ready to see pool played at its highest level and it will happen soon. The room is almost done being remodeled and waiting on a few more new tables to be delivered.

Because we can't see pool played at the highest levels already? I mean it isn't like we don't have many high runs available to see already. In addition, pool is played at the highest level on a weekly basis with a plethora of events and challenge matches being held. Great that you are creating another event but let's not pretend that you are bringing something to the table that we haven't had. At Derby City every year there have been 14.1 high-run events. At SBE years ago was another high-run event.

I think my criticism has run its course. I find it disgusting how you have denigrated John and his accomplishment and equally disgusting that you have made it clear that he is not invited and that you think his "record" is not worthy of your event.

I do hope you end up producing a great event that has great content and which does revive interest in 14.1. Regardless of your motive, which I believe to be primarily jealousy, I hope that you create something worthwhile that isn't just a gimmick to satisfy your vanity.

With that, unless you or your PR man address me again, I am likely out of this thread as I believe it has fully run its course.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Should be interesting. I also hope for a nice event and some big runs. If big runs happen by people who barely play straight pool then I think it will be a testament to straight pool not being as difficult as some might want to believe.
All it will mean is that world class players have world class skills that translate across different games. Anyhow, I don’t know who is invited but I’m guessing if the goal is to capture a run of over 600 balls, the participants will likely have some sort of pedigree in the game.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I would hope that these players, all with what did Bobby say, better records than John Schmidt, would be interested in chasing the, how did you describe it...... I don't know and am not inclined to search..... alleged really lucrative payouts.

You all call it whatever you want. I will call it the Jealous of John Schmidt Shit Show. But it might produce a world record run and if so then great! John will always be the first who officially broke Mosconi's record and anyone who does it in your Jealous of John Show will be second.

Of course. It is just really obvious to many of us what the motivation here is. Bobby could have done this anytime in the past 20-30 years. He told me a decade ago that he was worth 8 million dollars. The goal here isn't to promote straight pool it is to attempt to knock John Schmidt. It is clear that Lou and Bobby don't think John ran 626 balls. And it is clear that IF they were to receive the proof they think that they are entitled to in the form of an uncut video recording of the run that they don't think that John could have done it without "cheating" in the form of the alleged manipulation of the table to play very "easy".

It's just jealously based on very real and disgusting public beefs that both of them have had with John in the past. So no, they are under no obligation to invite John but it sure looks goofy when they don't. Especially when both of them have used the question of whether John is invited as an excuse to insult him even more.
Because we can't see pool played at the highest levels already? I mean it isn't like we don't have many high runs available to see already. In addition, pool is played at the highest level on a weekly basis with a plethora of events and challenge matches being held. Great that you are creating another event but let's not pretend that you are bringing something to the table that we haven't had. At Derby City every year there have been 14.1 high-run events. At SBE years ago was another high-run event.

I think my criticism has run its course. I find it disgusting how you have denigrated John and his accomplishment and equally disgusting that you have made it clear that he is not invited and that you think his "record" is not worthy of your event.

I do hope you end up producing a great event that has great content and which does revive interest in 14.1. Regardless of your motive, which I believe to be primarily jealousy, I hope that you create something worthwhile that isn't just a gimmick to satisfy your vanity.

With that, unless you or your PR man address me again, I am likely out of this thread as I believe it has fully run its course.
It's no secret that I despise you (BC) and that I despise Lou.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fine fine fine. even the thread title has misspelled words and poor punctuation.

glad we have introduced a new character to keep the plot going, a mysterious event approaching soon⚱️🌈

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fine fine fine. even the thread title has misspelled words and poor punctuation.

glad we have introduced a new character to keep the plot going, a mysterious event approaching soon⚱️🌈
Did you notice the supergeniosity in the first line of the first post?
'if you're not apart..."

Jedi mind trick.

First thing that I did was buy a pack of smokes
Check into a motel and consult my horoscope
Sitting on the bed with the briefcase in my hands
Patiently awaiting any word from high command
Telekinetic dynamite! Psychic warfare is real!
You better believe me, brother, x-ray vision!
Telekinetic prophetic dynamite! Psychic warfare is real!
I know what you're thinking sister, x-ray vision!
Next thing that I did was tap out Morse code
With a wooden nickel on the receiver of the phone
Before I could complete it, I was quickly overtaken
By the angry spirits of Ronald and Nancy Reagan
Telekinetic dynamite! Psychic warfare is real!
You better believe me, brother, x-ray vision!
Telekinetic prophetic dynamite! Psychic warfare is real!
Last thing I remember I was crawling from the ruins
I don't know who's to blame for that, but I know who didn't do it
With every day that passes it keeps on getting stranger
But that really doesn't bother me cause I get off on the danger

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I think I'll pique your interest with a little preview, starting with ball 283:

" ... then the 9 ball in the side with just a little roll forward so with the 13 in the corner he moves the 7 off the 4 and into break position, and then the 11, 2, and 6 along the bottom rail ending on the right side rail to play the 10 up to the head pocket clearing access to the 15 on that same side rail. With all the problems solved, he plays almost a series of stop shots finally floating off the 4 to end with about a 45-degree cut on the 7. There is a brief intermission while the cloth on the rails is changed and a new set of balls is put into service.

The 7 disappears into the corner pocket and the rack splits open like a ripe melon. He begins with the 3 ball into the corner on a stop shot, followed by ...."

If that doesn't pump up sales, I don't know what can.
I would have expected more from u than this phony reaffirmation Bob, I see now u were never a 14.1 student. bca and j.s's proof of an actual unedited 626 video disappears - new promoters for 14.1 attempts - opens for fruitful honest attempts - no cheaters allowed i.e. verifiable unedited proof. Just uh little roll forward - in an attempt at clarity. Thanks foe showing us yer true colors here - also trying to promote 14.1 in the past - yer good works have ended it would seem.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would have expected more from u than this phony reaffirmation Bob, I see now u were never a 14.1 student. bca and j.s's proof of an actual unedited 626 video disappears - a new promoter 14.1 tour opens for fruitful honest attempts - no cheaters allowed i.e. verifiable unedited proof. Just uh little roll forward - in an attempt at clarity. Thanks foe showing us yer true colors here - also trying to promote 14.1 in the past - yer good works have ended it would seem.
Damn, you only went back 3,345 posts to respond to this one? Why so lazy?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have expected more from u than this phony reaffirmation Bob, I see now u were never a 14.1 student. bca and j.s's proof of an actual unedited 626 video disappears - a new promoter 14.1 tour opens for fruitful honest attempts - no cheaters allowed. Just uh little roll forward - in an attempt at clarity. Thanks foe showing us yer true colors here - also trying to promote 14.1 in the past - yer good works have ended it would seem.
Tell us about you, Charles Harriman

What turns your life on?
Screenshot_20210818-103857__01.jpg

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
JS posted on facebook he will not participate with his free entry into any events this year.

Sounds like he makes more from giving lessons. Thats a career choice I relate to highly.
Agreed, it's next to impossible to compete or have any income in 14.1 - with almost zero tournaments, so I too can relate - although with the credentials j.s already had he could have cashed in on giving lessons - without the phony theater shows or attempted theft of Mosconi's true record. Nothing wrong with sharing true knowledge - if student is genuine - and getting paid for that service. Definitely WRONG to make a claim Mosconi's 526 has been surpassed and then make the announcement it's only open to the 'Semi Public' for viewing. 'Semi public' - being the people who will show up at a theater to see a edited or chopped footage - in some theater venue - without offering any of those people any tangible evidence to take home after. New Pro 14.1 tours coming soon - js will not be allowed to compete - due to the negligence of he and his sponsors trying to steal Mosconi's record - without offering any proof to Open Public.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Agreed, it's next to impossible to compete or have any income in 14.1 - with almost zero tournaments, although with the credentials j.s already had he could have cashed in on giving lessons - without the phony theater shows or attempted theft of Mosconi's true record. Nothing wrong with sharing true knowledge and getting paid, definitely WRONG to make a claim Mosconi's 526 has been surpassed and then make the announcement it's only open to the 'Semi Public' for viewing. 'Semi public' - being the people who will show up at a theater to see a edited or chopped footage - without offering any of those people any tangible evidence to take home after.
We covered this months ago. That is absolutely not what JS said.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
We covered this months ago. That is absolutely not what JS said.

In other industries its called research or proprietary technology.

They advertise a new technology or process then you pay the money for a bait and switch.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
In other industries its called research or proprietary technology.

They advertise a new technology or process then you pay the money for a bait and switch.
What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with the post you quoted. I know this wull sound old fashioned to you but a meaningful and productive dialog is where one person says something and then the other responds with something related, either supporting or contradictory. It results in what we called a conversation back before people started exppressing themselves by blurting out whatever incomprehensible and misspelled thought popped into their tiny heads. Read what I wrote, understand it and then respond. Lather, rinse, repeat. Stop acting like a complete idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.