Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
The only thing funnier than a man who is only smart enough to show how ignorant he is...?

A man who thinks 'pool' has some sort of organization (could prob stop there) that seeks to supplant 526 with 626, FOR NO REWARD.
Unlike radar, who's completely anonymous, you and I have both met in person and know each other are competent individuals. Until and or unless we've met radar, it's impossible to know how much of his apparent idiocy is real and how much is long term tongue in cheek.

Jaden

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Over 225 pages later and the 626 record still stands. I'm sure if they keep protesting here, someone will take notice and immediately take the record away from JS. lol

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's true, but the people who have gone to John Schmidt's evening have all described it as well worth seeing and that must be due to the way the information was presented.

My friends that play straight-pool have watched a number of high-run videos from Hohmann, Schmidt, et. al., , but none of them have watched the same one more than once. And i think that reflects the poor sales figures for straight pool videos. The vendor at the tournament in Vegas said he hadn't sold any during the entire tournament with thousands of pool players there.

How many times have you watched Danny Harriman's 351?

Schmidt's 434 has been on Youtube for two years and has 11000 views. At the publicized Youtube valuation of $2/1000 views, that works out to about $10 for that Youtube channel.

Danny Harriman's 200 ball run from 2013 has 6000 views in 8 years. Youtube valuation is $6.
Ralph Eckert's run from the same event has 16000 views in 8 years, so clearly much more popular, but still only has a Youtube valuation of $16.

I have watched the DH vid three times over the years.

Lou Figueroa
learn something new
each time

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does anyone who attended one of Mosconi's exhibitions have?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Memories of the greatest 14.1 player who ever lived.

But actually, we were discussing paying for a copy of a run and paying to view a recording of a run. In Mosconi's case, the rooms he appeared at did not charge attendees for his exhibitions.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We would do it the same way that we have for the hundreds or thousands of years we did before we had video. If you doubt the veracity of a claim, you ask the people who were there or have witnessed it. If you still doubt it, you're welcome to call into question the competency or the trustworthiness of those making the claim; however, when you do, it's important to back that claim up with evidence.

We have had multiple trustworthy individuals claim to have seen the unedited video AND to have witnessed it first hand and you and your ilk have given ZERO counter evidence except that you don't like the fact that John broke the record.

Jaden

No, it's not like that, Jaden.

Some of us would like to see evidence of the run for ourselves. To be clear: no one, to include JS and the BCA, owes that to anyone. However, in the absence of unedited video that can be given a close look, some of us choose to withhold judgement as to whether the record was actually broken. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. That is within every individual's rights and you do your credibility no favors by labeling people with reasonable doubt as "ilk."

It is the fact that video even exists in the first place and has not been made available after two years that contributes to the discussion. If video didn't exist and there was only eye witness testimony, which is a little thin in the case of JS's run, then I guess we'd have to go on that. But that's not the case.

So why hasn't unedited video been made available? IMO, there's really no good reason for not making it available, unless...

Lou Figueroa

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
No, it's not like that, Jaden.

Some of us would like to see evidence of the run for ourselves. To be clear: no one, to include JS and the BCA, owes that to anyone. However, in the absence of unedited video that can be given a close look, some of us choose to withhold judgement as to whether the record was actually broken. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. That is within every individual's rights and you do your credibility no favors by labeling people with reasonable doubt as "ilk."

It is the fact that video even exists in the first place and has not been made available after two years that contributes to the discussion. If video didn't exist and there was only eye witness testimony, which is a little thin in the case of JS's run, then I guess we'd have to go on that. But that's not the case.

So why hasn't unedited video been made available? IMO, there's really no good reason for not making it available, unless...

Lou Figueroa
Has anyone offered up $20K for the unedited copy yet? Yeah, didn't think so.

If the video is out there, who is going to pay to come to a viewing? They can just watch on Utube in their underwear. Oh, sure, some will still go, but many won't, which equals lost sales. My gosh. Once the showings start to peter out, then it will be on Utube for all to see. I suspect it might be a few years till the showing has run its course.

When the Guiness records folks says someone broke a record, I have only their word to go on. Nobody demands that those thousands of records don't exist because some railbirds didn't get to see the evidence themselves. Geez. How is that any different.

gerryf

Lou Figueroa
It could be because you haven't offered enough. (How much have you offered?)

But as you say .... "IMO, there's really no good reason for not making it available, unless...

a. John Schmidt has propagated a fraud, with co-conspirators including the room owner, all the people who signed the affidavit, the BCA and others who viewed it, Bob Jewett, Mark Wilson, Cornerman, and all the others who have seen it and asked John Schmidt about it.

or

b. John Schmidt feels he can make more profit by presenting it in a live question-and-answer forum,

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone offered up $20K for the unedited copy yet? Yeah, didn't think so.

If the video is out there, who is going to pay to come to a viewing? They can just watch on Utube in their underwear. Oh, sure, some will still go, but many won't, which equals lost sales. My gosh. Once the showings start to peter out, then it will be on Utube for all to see. I suspect it might be a few years till the showing has run its course.

When the Guiness records folks says someone broke a record, I have only their word to go on. Nobody demands that those thousands of records don't exist because some railbirds didn't get to see the evidence themselves. Geez. How is that any different.

Well, no.

No one has offered up $20K because it's not worth that. It may be worth $100 a DVD, IMO. BUT, I and others can still have our doubts, whether you like it or not, at any price.

As to Guinness, guess what? As I recall they require video and eye witness statements mit log books recording what they saw. So if Guinness ever do add a record it will carry far more authenticity than the occasional dog an pony show, with portions shown at 2x.

That's how it's different ;-)

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It could be because you haven't offered enough. (How much have you offered?)

But as you say .... "IMO, there's really no good reason for not making it available, unless...

a. John Schmidt has propagated a fraud, with co-conspirators including the room owner, all the people who signed the affidavit, the BCA and others who viewed it, Bob Jewett, Mark Wilson, Cornerman, and all the others who have seen it and asked John Schmidt about it.

or

b. John Schmidt feels he can make more profit by presenting it in a live question-and-answer forum,

I'm not offering diddly-do-da because it's not worth more than a $100 a DVD, IMO.

So I will offer $100 : -)

And after expenses, JS isn't making squadoush off his showing. Do the math.

Lou Figueroa

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Well, no.

No one has offered up $20K because it's not worth that. It may be worth $100 a DVD, IMO. BUT, I and others can still have our doubts, whether you like it or not, at any price.

As to Guinness, guess what? As I recall they require video and eye witness statements mit log books recording what they saw. So if Guinness ever do add a record it will carry far more authenticity than the occasional dog an pony show, with portions shown at 2x.

That's how it's different ;-)

Lou Figueroa

And there is a video and witnesses (8 of them that signed an affidavit), and for good measure they have the BCA that also reviewed the tape and recognized if for what it is, a new world record. So, Guinness approving this is just a matter of time. Not if, but when.

You all are just upset because they won't sell you the video cheap. Just because they want to do the whole "show" thingy first, and try and make a few bucks seems to put a few folks panties in a twist. You think they made no money at it. Sorry, I've sponsored and run a few of these "shows" for some other pro players. Trust me, the pro's made money. I sold the tix and I paid them myself so I know what they made. One was a dinner/exhibition where you ate dinner with the pro's before hand and talked pool, etc. Sounds familiar, huh?

Again, if anyone wants to put up the money and wager me $10K, I'll bet on it. I will give JS $5K for letting one AZB doubter view the video at normal speed. I'll even pay for the airfare, hotel and food to come see it. Damn, that's strong. I mean, that seems more than fair. I will then pay for the airfare, hotel and food for a mutually accepted "judge" to view with you. We can agree on some AZB'er that we both trust.

So, surely you would want to bet something you are so sure about, wouldn't you? Oh, I see, all you doubters are just railbirds barking about a record that you have no clue about. I get it now. So, you all can just get back to your petty jealous nature because someone dared to break your hero's record. Breaking news. He's dead and he doesn't care about it. This does not diminish from his greatness anymore than someone breaking Babe Ruth's record.

Because that is what this is really all about for the few whiners in the pool world. The table, equipment, or the number of attempts was not enough to sway anyone on your side, so it all must be a fraud, because they are hiding the tape from a world of billiard nobodies.

The fact is, it was recognized by the best SP players in the game. Varner, Sigel, Hohmann, Appleton and many, many more. And when Varner talks, people listen.

So, surely, between a handful of "doubters" you can scrounge up $10K, right? I mean, it's like a few grand each, C'mon man, you all can't be broke bitches, right? That's just pocket change for a couple of pool players.

Oh, and this $10K bet is open to anyone in AZB to see if they feel lucky too. So, ask yourself one question, do you feel lucky? Well, do ya punk ;)

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And there is a video and witnesses (8 of them that signed an affidavit), and for good measure they have the BCA that also reviewed the tape and recognized if for what it is, a new world record. So, Guinness approving this is just a matter of time. Not if, but when.

You all are just upset because they won't sell you the video cheap. Just because they want to do the whole "show" thingy first, and try and make a few bucks seems to put a few folks panties in a twist. You think they made no money at it. Sorry, I've sponsored and run a few of these "shows" for some other pro players. Trust me, the pro's made money. I sold the tix and I paid them myself so I know what they made. One was a dinner/exhibition where you ate dinner with the pro's before hand and talked pool, etc. Sounds familiar, huh?

Again, if anyone wants to put up the money and wager me $10K, I'll bet on it. I will give JS $5K for letting one AZB doubter view the video at normal speed. I'll even pay for the airfare, hotel and food to come see it. Damn, that's strong. I mean, that seems more than fair. I will then pay for the airfare, hotel and food for a mutually accepted "judge" to view with you. We can agree on some AZB'er that we both trust.

So, surely you would want to bet something you are so sure about, wouldn't you? Oh, I see, all you doubters are just railbirds barking about a record that you have no clue about. I get it now. So, you all can just get back to your petty jealous nature because someone dared to break your hero's record. Breaking news. He's dead and he doesn't care about it. This does not diminish from his greatness anymore than someone breaking Babe Ruth's record.

Because that is what this is really all about for the few whiners in the pool world. The table, equipment, or the number of attempts was not enough to sway anyone on your side, so it all must be a fraud, because they are hiding the tape from a world of billiard nobodies.

The fact is, it was recognized by the best SP players in the game. Varner, Sigel, Hohmann, Appleton and many, many more. And when Varner talks, people listen.

So, surely, between a handful of "doubters" you can scrounge up $10K, right? I mean, it's like a few grand each, C'mon man, you all can't be broke bitches, right? That's just pocket change for a couple of pool players.

Oh, and this $10K bet is open to anyone in AZB to see if they feel lucky too. So, ask yourself one question, do you feel lucky? Well, do ya punk ;)

No, JS's run will *never* be a Guinness record because he did not meet their base requirements.

And no, I'm not upset about anything.

Lastly, I'm not "so sure about" anything. So let me repeat this for you, one more time, since you've apparently missed it despite my having repeated it numerous times: Maybe he broke the record. Maybe de didn't.

So go set up a straw man somewhere else, lol.

Lou Figueroa

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
No, JS's run will *never* be a Guinness record because he did not meet their base requirements.

And no, I'm not upset about anything.

Lastly, I'm not "so sure about" anything. So let me repeat this for you, one more time, since you've apparently missed it despite my having repeated it numerous times: Maybe he broke the record. Maybe de didn't.

So go set up a straw man somewhere else, lol.

Lou Figueroa
So, in other words, you know he broke the record cause you won't bet a dime that he didn't. Glad to have you on board Lou. That was not so hard, was it? lol

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, in other words, you know he broke the record cause you won't bet a dime that he didn't. Glad to have you on board Lou. That was not so hard, was it? lol

wow, I spelt it right out there for you and you still can't get it.

Last time: Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.

So no, I... don't... know... if... he... broke... the... record.

Lou Figueroa
wow

Status
Not open for further replies.