US Open 9-ball updates thread..

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Bredan Moore is a top ref, he also does World Snooker.
Very professional.
He would be a good choice as main ref.
Yeah, the younger guy is in a bunch of snooker matches too, and not just the early rounds. The blonde lady is missing from this tournament - I forget her name, but she's also in a bunch of snooker matches.

Edit: Her name is Desislava Bozhilova. If you've seen a MR pool event in the past few years, you'd recognize her.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
What they apparently fail to realize is this is the USA. This isn't England with the anal rules.
Anal rules, Al?
These are the people that have produced many billiard millionaires.
...they don’t do bar rules

gerryf

Is there a way of looking up a player by name? Theres a kid 18 or 19 by the name of Nathan Childress that was playing, obviously not in still but plays real well. I've watched several streams lately of him winning big money sets off guys around Ohio and PA
On FargoRate, a Nathan Childress from Richmond VA has a FR of 681.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a way of looking up a player by name? Theres a kid 18 or 19 by the name of Nathan Childress that was playing, obviously not in still but plays real well. I've watched several streams lately of him winning big money sets off guys around Ohio and PA
Just go here, on your PC, type "Ctrl +F" to type and search name

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Oh man. Biado missed a makeable 6 and Alcaide converts to make it 10-10 with David breaking.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Wow, what a finish to the Biado-Alcaide match. Clutch runout at hill-hill by Biado after missing that routine 6 one rack earlier.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They started clapping about one second before he pulled the trigger. Watch it again.

I did, and it was before his backswing.

Not during.

But even if it was during, you think it's the first time these guys have ever had to deal with hearing people applaud during there shots?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Four Filipinos in the final eight players! These guys are treating the U.S. Open like just another American pool tournament. No big deal, let's chop up all this money! :cautious:

JC

Coos Cues
If table two had a simple scoreboard against the curtain in the background that the ref could update after each rack it would change from a waste of time to a nice show. What good is a race if you are unaware of the situation?

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Gorst wins his match and will face Oi.

Yapp v. Geronimo

Lechner v. Orcollo

Chua v. Biado

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quarterfinals (330pm)
Table 1 is TV table (DAZN/ Matchroom Live)
Table 2 is Youtube https://www.youtube.com/MatchroomPool1

Good thing is all 4 quarterfinals will be streamed :)

qtr11.JPG