CTE Stepping Cue Ball.

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we all at least agree that a CTE headbutt sounds a bit awesome? Your left ear (YLE) to to their right eye (TRE) , Center to their left eye (TLE), outside visual sweep. Like a round-house headbutt. Get a bit of that torque going.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Dan hasn’t played anywhere besides his house in over 12 years. I believe the last tournament he played in he lost to at least one CTE player
CTE can only win . It can't be blamed for a loss . It only gets credit for a win, not for a loss.
Lou beats John who was taught by Stan . Something was wrong with him and he did not really know how to use it properly.
He gets beat by 590 fargo by dozens of games , the system does not take loss . His mastery of the system is still good .

Tyler beats Niels in race to 5 Mosconi Cup race months after Niels had surgery, CTE gets the win .
He loses to a non-systemer Aranas, Aranas just shot better .

Dan gets beat by a CTE'r, CTE gets a win . A CTE'r challenges him to a match and does not show b/c he knew he'd get beat .
His cte does not take the loss.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE can only win . It can't be blamed for a loss . It only gets credit for a win, not for a loss.
Lou beats John who was taught by Stan . Something was wrong with him and he did not really know how to use it properly.
He gets beat by 590 fargo by dozens of games , the system does not take loss . His mastery of the system is still good .

Tyler beats Niels in race to 5 Mosconi Cup race months after Niels had surgery, CTE gets the win .

Dan gets beat by a CTE'r, CTE gets a win . A CTE'r challenges him to a match and does not show b/c he knew he'd get beat .
You certainly have a wild imagination. Who ever implied something like that.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he was driven away.
Stan gave as much as he got and could not stand the fact that people here did not idolize him.. Who among us has the ego to actually ask for input as to whether he should stay or go? He didn't like the answer so he left.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I was not taught by Stan. I took a lesson from Stan and while I was on the road and received some information that I was unclear on and then didn't bear down and practice like I should have. However, your point is correct in that any given student is not a full reflection on the teacher. There are many very proficient users of CTE whom you have not given the slightest bit of credit to for the level of skill they demonstrate. Your main schtick is to say or imply that a player who demonstrates great skill and who says that they use CTE is actually lying about using CTE. FOR WHAT POSSIBLE PURPOSE WOULD THEY NEED TO LIE ABOUT THAT?

And no CTE isn't only counted if a player using CTE wins. The point of pointing out players who are high level and use CTE is to show that it is a viable aiming system and compatible with an elite level world class skill level.

Months after Niels had surgery? Well, don't you think then that he should have given up his spot if he was not able to participate at 100%? I guess Niels felt well enough to play and had he won that match then there is zero doubt that you would have not only touted the victory but you would have captioned it with praise for Niels because he defeated a player who uses CTE just a few months after Niels had surgery.

Tyler didn't HAVE TO win that match. Tyler doesn't HAVE TO win any match against the elite players. The fact that he does win against them some of the time indicates that he has the capability to do so. Tyler gives credit to Stan and CTE Aiming for that part of his game and to JErry Briesath for his fundamentals. And I think that he gives some credit to Johann Ruslynk (sp?) for helping him. The ONLY point for mentioning Tyler is because Tyler is a professional whom we know says clearly that he uses CTE. Other pros might use it or something like it and not want to talk about it. I can tell you that Stan has had many pros at his house for instruction and that some of them were taught CTE aiming.

Brian Parks is a semi-pro speed player in California with many national championships who also uses CTE. David Stem is another very good player with some very high finishes in national events.

I am probably THE WORST player with any notoriety who uses CTE Aiming. My match with Lou was a HORRIBLE display of terrible fundamentals. If anything CTE use showed that it can help a chicken wing stroke monkey on meth player hang with a one-time Montana state tournament 8 ball champion in that player's best game of one pocket. That player beat me by three games after 9 hours of play and the overall score between us is 10-8 for him for the 18 games we have played. But Pat Johnson and other CTE knockers made it clear that no match between any two players validates or invalidates any aiming system. I agree BECAUSE pool is more than aiming. Also because a poor stroke will mess up a perfectly aimed shot quite often.

Now all that said I freely admit that had I won the match with Lou then I would have absolutely stated that CTE use was to be given partial credit for the victory. I give CTE partial credit for every victory because CTE aiming WORKS objectively, reliably, accurately and consistently. I never blame CTE aiming for losses because CTE aiming WORKS objectively, reliably, accurately and consistently.

That's the part you don't get. CTE is a tool just like ghost ball aiming is a tool. I think it is a much better tool. Both tools should be mastered as part of a complete player's skill set. When the aiming calls for superior precision then CTE is an excellent tool to use. When the aiming needs ghost ball and there is no better tool then ghost ball is the right tool to use.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Can we all at least agree that a CTE headbutt sounds a bit awesome? Your left ear (YLE) to to their right eye (TRE) , Center to their left eye (TLE), outside visual sweep. Like a round-house headbutt. Get a bit of that torque going.
I often find myself using CTE to line up everyday objects. It's weird but it is kind of fascinating to make them connect with several lines. So yeah, IF I were going to head butt someone then probably using mulitple objective references could help to get a square hit. I don't want to practice a million head butts to get accurate enough to having a center to ear system might help to develop the needed accuracy in a much shorter time.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was not taught by Stan. I took a lesson from Stan while I was on the road and then didn't bear down and practice like I should have. And no CTE isn't only counted if a player using CTE wins. The point of pointing out players who are high level and use CTE is to show that it is a viable aiming system and compatible with an elite level world class skill level.

Months after Niels had surgery? Well, don't you think then that he should have given up his spot if he was not able to participate at 100%? I guess Niels felt well enough to play and had he won that match then there is zero doubt that you would have not only touted the victory but you would have captioned it with praise for Niels because he defeated a player who uses CTE just a few months after Niels had surgery.

Tyler didn't HAVE TO win that match. Tyler doesn't HAVE TO win any match against the elite players. The fact that he does win against them some of the time indicates that he has the capability to do so. Tyler gives credit to Stan and CTE Aiming for that part of his game and to JErry Briesath for his fundamentals. And I think that he gives some credit to Johann Ruslynk (sp?) for helping him. The ONLY point for mentioning Tyler is because Tyler is a professional whom we know says clearly that he uses CTE. Other pros might use it or something like it and not want to talk about it. I can tell you that Stan has had many pros at his house for instruction and that some of them were taught CTE aiming.

Brian Parks is a semi-pro speed player in California with many national championships who also uses CTE. David Stem is another very good player with a national championship title.

I am probably THE WORST player with any notoriety who uses CTE Aiming. My match with Lou was a HORRIBLE display of terrible fundamentals. If anything CTE use showed that it can help a chicken wing stroke monkey on meth player hang with a one-time Montana state tournament 8 ball champion in that player's best game of one pocket. That player beat me by three games after 9 hours of play and the overall score between us is 10-8 for him for the 18 games we have played. But Pat Johnson and other CTE knockers made it clear that no match between any two players validates or invalidates any aiming system. I agree BECAUSE pool is more than aiming. Also because a poor stroke will mess up a perfectly aimed shot quite often.

Now all that said I freely admit that had I won the match with Lou then I would have absolutely stated that CTE use was to be given partial credit for the victory. I give CTE partial credit for every victory because CTE aiming WORKS objectively, reliably, accurately and consistently. I never blame CTE aiming for losses because CTE aiming WORKS objectively, reliably, accurately and consistently.

That's the part you don't get. CTE is a tool just like ghost ball aiming is a tool. I think it is a much better tool. Both tools should be mastered as part of a complete player's skill set. When the aiming calls for superior precision then CTE is an excellent tool to use. When the aiming needs ghost ball and there is no better tool then ghost ball is the right tool to use.
John, I never won a National Championship. Just finished pretty high on two occasions.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Like I was saying , it can only win . It can't lose .
You can have someone who's been dabbling in CTE for a decade and he gets beat badly by someone of lower handicap who has no clue about aiming systems , CTE still wins . It's still a better system .
A competent player buys the dvd's and the book and cannot comprehend the system, it's not the system or Stan's fault. It's his fault for not understanding a "simple system".
CTE can't lose .
I am reminded of the quote that goes something like this, knowledge is finite and stupidity is infinite which is why it is pointless to argue with a stupid person.

CTE didn't play a person 20 fargo points below. John Barton played that person. And since you were so eager to bring up "conditions" by making an excuse for Niel's loss by mentioning some surgery that he had months prior, I played Austin, who was a 595 when we played to my 613, on a table he lives on in a garage with no air conditioning in Las Vegas heat. I also put myself on tilt by not focusing on the game and making ridiculous side bets with people on the internet. In other words I got my nose wide open in very bad conditions. Still I showed heart and hung in there and kept playing until I had to admit that I wasn't going to overcome the conditions and my mental state.

In fact you pissant jerkoff, I did something that you likely wouldn't ever have the heart to do. I stepped up to play. I have been beaten by lower rated players and I have beaten higher rated players. Since you likely have ZERO EFFING CLUE how Fargo Ratings work you don't know that any player can play well above their rating on any given day or well below it. I could have quit when I saw the conditions and but I didn't. There was zero expectation from anyone that I would go off like that. Austin was happy playing $100 sets and that's where I should have kept it but my own mouth and mental state got me into go off mode. But I stood there and played my heart out. Something you can only comment on but never feel because you're scared. You're a no playing hack who probably never got any better than a 500 speed. Most likely you turned to cue making because you coudn't play and even at that you wouldn't be any good except that you "appropriated" the knowledge from a really great cue maker who left this world too early. Now you're a hack who builds a few cues a year, plain janes and does tip repair.

That's the extent of your impact. Near zero. All you ever do is talk about those who have done things in the world and what they have done. No one talks about what you have done because you're super nobody who does super nothing.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
I am reminded of the quote that goes something like this, knowledge is finite and stupidity is infinite which is why it is pointless to argue with a stupid person.

CTE didn't play a person 20 fargo points below. John Barton played that person. And since you were so eager to bring up "conditions" by making an excuse for Niel's loss by mentioning some surgery that he had months prior, I played Austin, who was a 595 when we played to my 613, on a table he lives on in a garage with no air conditioning in Las Vegas heat. I also put myself on tilt by not focusing on the game and making ridiculous side bets with people on the internet. In other words I got my nose wide open in very bad conditions. Still I showed heart and hung in there and kept playing until I had to admit that I wasn't going to overcome the conditions and my mental state.

In fact you pissant jerkoff, I did something that you likely wouldn't ever have the heart to do. I stepped up to play. I have been beaten by lower rated players and I have beaten higher rated players. Since you likely have ZERO EFFING CLUE how Fargo Ratings work you don't know that any player can play well above their rating on any given day or well below it. I could have quit when I saw the conditions and but I didn't. There was zero expectation from anyone that I would go off like that. Austin was happy playing $100 sets and that's where I should have kept it but my own mouth and mental state got me into go off mode. But I stood there and played my heart out. Something you can only comment on but never feel because you're scared. You're a no playing hack who probably never got any better than a 500 speed. Most likely you turned to cue making because you coudn't play and even at that you wouldn't be any good except that you "appropriated" the knowledge from a really great cue maker who left this world too early. Now you're a hack who builds a few cues a year, plain janes and does tip repair.

That's the extent of your impact. Near zero. All you ever do is talk about those who have done things in the world and what they have done. No one talks about what you have done because you're super nobody who does super nothing.
Like I said, CTE never loses. It only wins.
And you have zero clue about my cues and it's construction.
You investigated an owner and was disappointed he told you the cue he had was great .
Pfft!

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Like I said, CTE never loses. It only wins.
And you have zero clue about my cues and it's construction.
You investigated an owner and was disappointed he told you the cue he had was great .
Pfft!
I didn't investigate anyone concerning your cue. I might have asked someone how they play. No matter what they said to me I would only consider it to be their opinion anyway. I have been in the business long enough to understand that one person says a cue hits great and the very next person can say the same cue hits like shit. For the record I am NEVER disappointed when a person is happy with their cue. I want people happy and playing as much as they want to play. From a business standpoint of someone who makes money when more people are playing I want as many people playing as possible. So I don't care if your cues play like shit or if they are the greatest instrument ever built to hit a pool ball with. But I do know that the volume of cues that you make wouldn't likely be enough to outfit a small pool league in a year so really your "brand" is not consequential and you are inconsequential as a cue maker and inconsequential as a pool player. My thought is that if there is an aiming system or ten that gets more people playing and enjoying the game then bring them on. Your activity is aimed at PREVENTING people from trying aiming systems that you personally bear animosity towards. So IF a person is frustrated with their aiming and wants to try CTE your advice is to work on their fundamentals instead. That's the major difference between us. I want people working on their fundamentals AND trying any aiming system tools that they like.

CTE is a tool. Like you. You're a tool to get tips done and as long as you do that effectively and to the satisfaction of the customers the customers will keep using you. If you do a crappy job then that will become known and you will get less use. If you do a fair job but someone else does a much better job then business will go in their direction.

CTE doesn't "win" or "lose" - it simply exists. Like any tool it has characteristics and the effectiveness can be diminished by the user's lack of experience or understanding of HOW to use the tool.

Proficient CTE users sometimes experience higher levels of winning matches and tournaments and they often will thank their usage of CTE for helping them to aim accurately. Most CTE users don't bother to mention that they use CTE just like people don't go around talking about using ghost ball when they win or lose. If I fix my car I don't go on car forums to give thanks to Crescent and Vice Grips. However if I need to fix my car and a tool that is unfamiliar to me is needed I will certainly go looking for information on how to use that tool properly and effectively. While there I might find someone recommending another tool for the job that is better but less common. If I think that what they wrote makes sense then I am likely to try it. Especially if more people also recommend that tool.

As well you're a tool to promote CTE. As long as you continue this crusade you're on to attempt to invalidate CTE from your no-experience position the role you actually fulfill is to keep the conversation going. And while you might think that your comments and claims are resonating with the readers the continued growth of CTE usage says otherwise. Your comments serve as a great way to continue to speak positively about CTE and show examples of CTE users enjoying the use of the CTE aiming tool.

In fact I think it would be likely that several CTE users have used your tip services but they had no need to tell you what aiming methods they use when they play. So thank you for being a good tip guy and providing good work to CTE aiming users.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Then your prop bets mean nothing.
If you win or if you lose .
You have ran out of nasty things to say to me so you just attack my cues.
Happy my arce.
There is only one CTE'r that has come here.
Two B players who got there in less than 7 years are not aiming junkees. They see they shoot.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Jimbo army tournaments. I have quite a few friends that were in that group, lol. Even hung out with them at the expo at different times.
Ahh yes. I forgot all about that. I guess you are correct on points but to call the Jimbo Jambo a tournament is a bit of a stretch. It was a party for RSB people to get together and drink, raffle off items and so on. I won the much coveted Jack Justice case made for the event with an inscription on the bottom. I still feel a little guilty because some lady really wanted it. Her name was Becky, I think, could be wrong, but I considered giving it to her but I also needed a new case badly.

That was 17 years ago! The only people I knew (only from the RSB room) were Freddie, Jimbo, Roger Orsulak and Joe Van Buren. I think I lost a race to three or something like that to Freddie but I couldn't swear to it. I do recall being in such a fog that I racked the 9 ball on the spot, which I think provided some yucks. I do know that I did not win the event. I was not a true run out player like I believe I am now, even in 9 ball. I could give my 17 year-ago self the 5 now probably.

Freddie uses his own concoction of CTE which is a perfectly logical way to play and I have no idea who else I played and unless you have some kind of chart from the event then you have no idea, either.

Also, if there were any more of these get togethers after 2004 I am unaware of them.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't investigate anyone concerning your cue. I might have asked someone how they play. No matter what they said to me I would only consider it to be their opinion anyway. I have been in the business long enough to understand that one person says a cue hits great and the very next person can say the same cue hits like shit. For the record I am NEVER disappointed when a person is happy with their cue. I want people happy and playing as much as they want to play. From a business standpoint of someone who makes money when more people are playing I want as many people playing as possible. So I don't care if your cues play like shit or if they are the greatest instrument ever built to hit a pool ball with. But I do know that the volume of cues that you make wouldn't likely be enough to outfit a small pool league in a year so really your "brand" is not consequential and you are inconsequential as a cue maker and inconsequential as a pool player. My thought is that if there is an aiming system or ten that gets more people playing and enjoying the game then bring them on. Your activity is aimed at PREVENTING people from trying aiming systems that you personally bear animosity towards. So IF a person is frustrated with their aiming and wants to try CTE your advice is to work on their fundamentals instead. That's the major difference between us. I want people working on their fundamentals AND trying any aiming system tools that they like.

CTE is a tool. Like you. You're a tool to get tips done and as long as you do that effectively and to the satisfaction of the customers the customers will keep using you. If you do a crappy job then that will become known and you will get less use. If you do a fair job but someone else does a much better job then business will go in their direction.

CTE doesn't "win" or "lose" - it simply exists. Like any tool it has characteristics and the effectiveness can be diminished by the user's lack of experience or understanding of HOW to use the tool.

Proficient CTE users sometimes experience higher levels of winning matches and tournaments and they often will thank their usage of CTE for helping them to aim accurately. Most CTE users don't bother to mention that they use CTE just like people don't go around talking about using ghost ball when they win or lose. If I fix my car I don't go on car forums to give thanks to Crescent and Vice Grips. However if I need to fix my car and a tool that is unfamiliar to me is needed I will certainly go looking for information on how to use that tool properly and effectively. While there I might find someone recommending another tool for the job that is better but less common. If I think that what they wrote makes sense then I am likely to try it. Especially if more people also recommend that tool.

As well you're a tool to promote CTE. As long as you continue this crusade you're on to attempt to invalidate CTE from your no-experience position the role you actually fulfill is to keep the conversation going. And while you might think that your comments and claims are resonating with the readers the continued growth of CTE usage says otherwise. Your comments serve as a great way to continue to speak positively about CTE and show examples of CTE users enjoying the use of the CTE aiming tool.

In fact I think it would be likely that several CTE users have used your tip services but they had no need to tell you what aiming methods they use when they play. So thank you for being a good tip guy and providing good work to CTE aiming users.
John....why would anybody actually PAY someone to put a tip on a cue?
I've been putting my own tips on cues for over 50 years. Nothing to it and they always work just fine. (I did do one for Mataya once when he was drunk and couldn't do it himself)
Is there some "secret" about cue tips out there now that I am unaware of..??? (I'm kinda' out of the loop, you know)
Regards,
Pete.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahh yes. I forgot all about that. I guess you are correct on points but to call the Jimbo Jambo a tournament is a bit of a stretch. It was a party for RSB people to get together and drink, raffle off items and so on. I won the much coveted Jack Justice case made for the event with an inscription on the bottom. I still feel a little guilty because some lady really wanted it. Her name was Becky, I think, could be wrong, but I considered giving it to her but I also needed a new case badly.

That was 17 years ago! The only people I knew (only from the RSB room) were Freddie, Jimbo, Roger Orsulak and Joe Van Buren. I think I lost a race to three or something like that to Freddie but I couldn't swear to it. I do recall being in such a fog that I racked the 9 ball on the spot, which I think provided some yucks. I do know that I did not win the event. I was not a true run out player like I believe I am now, even in 9 ball. I could give my 17 year-ago self the 5 now probably.

Freddie uses his own concoction of CTE which is a perfectly logical way to play and I have no idea who else I played and unless you have some kind of chart from the event then you have no idea, either.

Also, if there were any more of these get togethers after 2004 I am unaware of them.
So you are saying it’s been 17 years since you’ve been out of the house to play in a tournament lol.
Thinking I probably knew more people in the group then you then

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John....why would anybody actually PAY someone to put a tip on a cue?
I've been putting my own tips on cues for over 50 years. Nothing to it and they always work just fine. (I did do one for Mataya once when he was drunk and couldn't do it himself)
Is there some "secret" about cue tips out there now that I am unaware of..??? (I'm kinda' out of the loop, you know)
Regards,
Pete.
some people prefer to have it done by someone else. no secret, just convenience.