CTE Stepping Cue Ball.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stepping the cue ball.
In the CTE truth series Stan does a video about the barn and taking different positions by moving his body to the left and to the right of the barn. He is moving around the circumference of the barn not in a straight line to the side of the of the barn.
Imagine this, you have a cue with a tennis ball stuck on the end of it, you line up the OB and your belly button and the tennis ball all in a straight line. Like this, belly button, tennis ball QB then OB all center to center, everything is edge to edge, tennis ball. cue ball and OB. Now moving ever so slightly move to your left or right around the circumference to the OB when doing this the centers will change.

But we don't want center to center, instead we want the your belly button, tennis ball and QB to stay inline but change the edge of those two to a portion on the OB, could be A, B or C. You are not taking a side step, your moving around the circumference of the OB. It's so small of a move or a Tick off of A, B or C.

I posted this in the CTE Terminology thread but felt that it should be posted here.
Video 21 in the truth series is KEY.
There is no head tilt, there is a head turn. while in the standing position if shooting an OB to the left simply turn your nose to the left (your right eye becomes dominant). if shooting an OB to the right simply turn your nose to the right ( your left eye becomes dominant). This is all done while in the standing position. This method changes your visual perception of exactly where the OB needs to be struck.
I now use this method. What happens for me is that the contact point on the OB POP's out.
Keep in mind that there are two different stances that you may notice. On some shots when you begin to get down on the shot you will notice that you are leading your bridge arm with you left shoulder. On other shots you will notice that you are simply just bending over into the shot.
If you mess around with all of this for awhile you'll see what I'm writing is true.

John

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Then your prop bets mean nothing.
If you win or if you lose .
You have ran out of nasty things to say to me so you just attack my cues.
Happy my arce.
There is only one CTE'r that has come here.
Two B players who got there in less than 7 years are not aiming junkees. They see they shoot.
I don't attack your cues. your cues are fine for playing pool I am sure. nothing special, nothing game-changing. in fact if we use your logic and compare the usage of ghost ball to the usage of center to edge aiming and say that the far greater number of people using ghost ball means it is better then we could also say that the far greater number using production cues means that production cues are better than yours. I would guess you don't agree and neither would I based on that measure. but I think you wouldn't like it if I went in a crusade based on that to try and downgrade the quality of your work.

so you know every person who uses cte? how is that? do you ask all of your customers how they aim? I doubt that you do.

prop bets? son I don't make prop bets, those are for thieves. when I offer a bet I don't know what the outcome will be. I am somewhat confident that the data results will be in my favor but I am far from certain.

mainly I offer them trying to get people to think about ways to test the efficacy of aiming systems.

I signal what kind of testing I am willing to bet on and that's it. if someone ever takes me up on one of them then the work would begin to set it up properly without bias.

I will never run out of "not nice" things to say about you. I haven't yet chosen to say nasty things. I don't want to be unkind to you at all but I will not allow you to lie about me and denigrate me or my friends without some pushback.

you're a mean person. I am not but I can be when pushed far enough. I think you're an evil person based on how you act and ways you have lied about me on this forum.

and for what? because you don't like an aiming system? because you're in love with ghost ball and I think it is not as good as cte? you have chosen to knock me personally, to insinuate that those using cte, including pros, are lying about it, you have chosen to defame Stan and call him a snake oil salesman. you did all that willingly.

so don't cry if you get a little back. understand that you're dealing with real people here and real people can get real pissed off when you come at them the way you do.

my suggestion is that you go away. ignore this forum and go talk pool somewhere else. you have absolutely nothing of substance to contribute to this topic.

go somewhere where you can contribute something positive. I am sure that with access to Kerry's x-rays of cues you could help a ton of cuemakers to understand internal construction. be a force for good in this industry.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So CTE helps you see the OB contact point? Does it tell you how to hit it with the CB?

pj
chgo
Yes. Lets say the shot is to my left and I have already lined up my belly button, QB and OB all center to center. What I do is visually draw a straight line from the corner pocket point (right point) to the right edge of the QB, the left edge of the cue ball is now pointed at a portion of the OB. That point could be A, B, C or somewhere in between those values. The contact point POPs out at you.
Thanks for the question.

This is all new to me but is very interesting and I'm having fun with it.

John

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. Lets say the shot is to my left and I have already lined up my belly button, QB and OB all center to center. What I do is visually draw a straight line from the corner pocket point (right point) to the right edge of the QB, the left edge of the cue ball is now pointed at a portion of the OB. That point could be A, B, C or somewhere in between those values. The contact point POPs out at you.
Thanks for the question.

This is all new to me but is very interesting and I'm having fun with it.

John
Can you proofread this and confirm it is what you meant to say? I have on idea what you are saying. If you are drawing lines from the pocket to anywhere you are not using Stan's CTE.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you proofread this and confirm it is what you meant to say? I have on idea what you are saying. If you are drawing lines from the pocket to anywhere you are not using Stan's CTE.

Hey Dan
I need a starting point to begin my lining up of a shot. I’m not going to blindly assume a shot is a 15,30,45 or 60 or thinner.
It’s not until I do my initial shot lining up do I determine that the shot is one of the values above or in between one of those values.
John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where did I say that?
You said about a week or so ago you haven’t been out to a tournament since the Jimbo army meetings at SBX. Doesn’t really matter though, it’s long established that you aren’t out and about playing pool very much.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Dan
I need a starting point to begin my lining up of a shot. I’m not going to blindly assume a shot is a 15,30,45 or 60 or thinner.
It’s not until I do my initial shot lining up do I determine that the shot is one of the values above or in between one of those values.
John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you are using Stan's CTE as a starting point for whatever it is you do. For Stan, there are no shots between those values.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You said about a week or so ago you haven’t been out to a tournament since the Jimbo army meetings at SBX. Doesn’t really matter though, it’s long established that you aren’t out and about playing pool very much.
I think you have me confused with someone else. I am not aware of any Jimbo army meetings at SBX so once again you don't know what you are talking about. I probably mentioned that I met Freddie at the Jimbo Jambo in CT since you seemed so keen on knowing. I also said I bumped into Freddie and Jimbo at an SBX event, which was in PA. Ahh, that's it. You are remembering the two separate events as one thing.

I'm also not sure why you care where I play, what leagues I may have played in or how often I use my home table. What was the point again?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you have me confused with someone else. I am not aware of any Jimbo army meetings at SBX so once again you don't know what you are talking about. I probably mentioned that I met Freddie at the Jimbo Jambo in CT since you seemed so keen on knowing. I also said I bumped into Freddie and Jimbo at an SBX event, which was in PA. Ahh, that's it. You are remembering the two separate events as one thing.

I'm also not sure why you care where I play, what leagues I may have played in or how often I use my home table. What was the point again?
There were several Jimbo army gatherings at SBX. And you were the one that said you were at one at the SBX when I asked about the last time you got out of the house and played. You said it was at SBX with Jimbos army. Point is do you ever get out of the house and play pool.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I don't attack your cues. your cues are fine for playing pool I am sure. nothing special, nothing game-changing. in fact if we use your logic and compare the usage of ghost ball to the usage of center to edge aiming and say that the far greater number of people using ghost ball means it is better then we could also say that the far greater number using production cues means that production cues are better than yours. I would guess you don't agree and neither would I based on that measure. but I think you wouldn't like it if I went in a crusade based on that to try and downgrade the quality of your work.

so you know every person who uses cte? how is that? do you ask all of your customers how they aim? I doubt that you do.

prop bets? son I don't make prop bets, those are for thieves. when I offer a bet I don't know what the outcome will be. I am somewhat confident that the data results will be in my favor but I am far from certain.

mainly I offer them trying to get people to think about ways to test the efficacy of aiming systems.

I signal what kind of testing I am willing to bet on and that's it. if someone ever takes me up on one of them then the work would begin to set it up properly without bias.

I will never run out of "not nice" things to say about you. I haven't yet chosen to say nasty things. I don't want to be unkind to you at all but I will not allow you to lie about me and denigrate me or my friends without some pushback.

you're a mean person. I am not but I can be when pushed far enough. I think you're an evil person based on how you act and ways you have lied about me on this forum.

and for what? because you don't like an aiming system? because you're in love with ghost ball and I think it is not as good as cte? you have chosen to knock me personally, to insinuate that those using cte, including pros, are lying about it, you have chosen to defame Stan and call him a snake oil salesman. you did all that willingly.

so don't cry if you get a little back. understand that you're dealing with real people here and real people can get real pissed off when you come at them the way you do.

my suggestion is that you go away. ignore this forum and go talk pool somewhere else. you have absolutely nothing of substance to contribute to this topic.

go somewhere where you can contribute something positive. I am sure that with access to Kerry's x-rays of cues you could help a ton of cuemakers to understand internal construction. be a force for good in this industry.
Wait, is this St John again ?
You flip flop like a politician .
This the holy St John who slandered Jack Justis and his cases and called him a friend ?
Volturi and Mike ? Oh ,wait you were challenged . You're the victim.
The holy man who kept claiming it's ok for make fake Chanel, LV and other big brands . Hey, they won't go out of business .

And what have you contributed to the aiming forum besides being cte shill for over a decade ? I've started more productive threads than you ever have . All you do is hype one.
Wait, teaching beginners pivoting system. Oh yeah, they'll shoot better than just studying the boring getting on the shooting line .
I called Stan a snake oil salesman ? Didn't you accuse Lou of that ? And didn't you accuse Tor Lowry of stealing or something ?

What the fkk do you know about x-rays of cues ? Dude , there are several already being circulated around . Seen them at the private cue makers' group . Seen them at Taiwan collectors' group . What help do you think that would do to other makers at this stage ?
Why da fkk would I have to share them . I'm even too lazy to look at them now b/c my construction is way different from them already .
Force of good to the industry? Oh wow . You have no clue how many have consulted with me . How many jigs I've sold . Or the threaders I came up . And one of them is already being sold by one of the big boys .

Some pros use CTE but do not want it known. Cool story bro. But, when I say some pros really use ghost ball but don't know that , your face turns red and you go bonkers . When the Pinoys tell openly the cue ball goes here to make that ball or when they tell about the " Patama" ( hit ) of a particular shot , it's not good enough , Hey Busti uses CTE. PffT!

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There were several Jimbo army gatherings at SBX. And you were the one that said you were at one at the SBX when I asked about the last time you got out of the house and played. You said it was at SBX with Jimbos army. Point is do you ever get out of the house and play pool.
Wrong.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fixed it for you lmao
Why are you so jazzed up about my game? When I lived in Houston I didn't have a table so I played out at various pool halls, including Jersey Red's home base. When I later had a home table I got tired of coming home stinking like an ashtray so I stopped playing out except for the occasional league. Having a home table allows me to practice in ways I never could do in public. The laser idea turned out to be what I needed to fine tune everything and continues to be a good resource. I could hardly set up a laser in between guys asking if I wanted to match up, lol. The only problem is finding enough time and energy to play, as well as the fact that I know I play better with an opponent. But many of us have those issues, too. Maybe your day ends at X o'clock and you can drop everything and play pool. If so then you are lucky.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are you so jazzed up about my game? When I lived in Houston I didn't have a table so I played out at various pool halls, including Jersey Red's home base. When I later had a home table I got tired of coming home stinking like an ashtray so I stopped playing out except for the occasional league. Having a home table allows me to practice in ways I never could do in public. The laser idea turned out to be what I needed to fine tune everything and continues to be a good resource. I could hardly set up a laser in between guys asking if I wanted to match up, lol. The only problem is finding enough time and energy to play, as well as the fact that I know I play better with an opponent. But many of us have those issues, too. Maybe your day ends at X o'clock and you can drop everything and play pool. If so then you are lucky.
I was just curious because you’ve never talked about playing outside of practicing at your house. Chill out.