Michigan Open (22-25 Sep 2021), 9ft, Winner $13K

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, it's because packages are NOT all that common. The top players only average between 30-45% bnr's in 9 ball, even less in 10 ball. You're not going to have sets ran out all that often.

Jaden

they race to 4 though. 3 tournaments with many matches and many top pros, well capable of running racks on a regular table, especially with a template

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
they race to 4 though. 3 tournaments with many matches and many top pros, well capable of running racks on a regular table, especially with a template
Did you not watch the us open??? Go back and look at the break down of all the matches. The break and runs are listed with an R#, where the # is the number of break and runs they had in that match. The vast majority of the matches had ZERO break and runs. Top pros or not. Several had 1 and a few had more than a couple.

Even I was surprised at how few break and runs there were at the open.

I used to try and point out that people had a warped sense of how well the best players played. A lot of that was due to the editing from ESPN of almost all the mistakes. It seems people still seem to have a warped perspective on it though.

Jaden

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in Michigan. I love seeing Jeremy Seaman compete against these guys. He’s amazing to watch in 8-ball on a short table and the guy is primarily a 9’ player. He’s got a pretty high FargoRate for a person not many talk about.
I wouldn't say he's primarily a 9' player. I'd say it would be more accurate to say he would like to be a primarily 9' player but since he lives in Michigan he does a lot of competing on the bar tables, which most of his recent matches have been on.

Last edited: