1DC693A6-CD44-4235-BF13-5563ED826DB9.jpeg

Billboard, pretty good. Kitchen on 28th will be open,

Pretty cool, we need more pool!

Best
Fatboy

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny said the GC6’s play great. I haven’t hit a ball on one yet, he played a couple hours the other day-first time in a long time he hit a ball. He said they are the best GC’s he’s played on. Pretty strong statement. I didn’t ask about the barbox’s.

Fun stuff
Fatboy 😀

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny said the GC6’s play great. I haven’t hit a ball on one yet, he played a couple hours the other day-first time in a long time he hit a ball. He said they are the best GC’s he’s played on. Pretty strong statement. I didn’t ask about the barbox’s.

Fun stuff
Fatboy 😀
I would LOVE to try one.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would LOVE to try one.
Me2, he said they were notably better than the 5’s. I’m looking forward to playing a little. I haven’t played at all in a very long time, but I didn’t forget how a good table should play. However I probably forgot how to play lol.

Will be fun in any case. They are spread out nicely so no traffic either. It’s a well designed room. Took a while, but what biz doesn’t take longer than expected to open unless it’s a franchise with a formula in place?

Best
Fatboy

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me2, he said they were notably better than the 5’s. I’m looking forward to playing a little. I haven’t played at all in a very long time, but I didn’t forget how a good table should play. However I probably forgot how to play lol.

Will be fun in any case. They are spread out nicely so no traffic either. It’s a well designed room. Took a while, but what biz doesn’t take longer than expected to open unless it’s a franchise with a formula in place?

Best
Fatboy
Not that this applies, but I would like to give the Gold Crown Bar Boxes a go. I've never seen one yet.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that this applies, but I would like to give the Gold Crown Bar Boxes ago. I've never seen one yet.
They are there. I haven’t a clue how they play. I’d guess good. JA didn’t say, I didn’t ask. We’ll know real soon. They use normal balls-I did ask that. So no reason they shouldn’t play very nice. They look great.

Gonna be fun
Fatboy

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Best
Fatboy
I'd love t-shirt when he gets some made. I'll wait a month or so and ask them. Outta be a cool spot.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd love t-shirt when he gets some made. I'll wait a month or so and ask them. Outta be a cool spot.
I’ll find out when that’s gonna happen. It’s one thing we haven’t spoke about(if it was I didn’t hear).Probably 6-8 weeks I’d guess. There’s been so many moving parts to this-always is with a new room. The heavy lifting is over.

Merch, grand opening, promotions, other fun stuff will all happen next. It’s pretty exciting to see any room open, when your friend is opening a room-it’s really cool. All the other BS will be ironed out. Just a process and time.

All positive stuff! That’s the way to keep it, pool needs it. A lot of people put one hell of a lot of time, blood, sweat & tears into this-that’s not a over statement either. Wasn’t easy. Never is.

Gonna be good
Fatboy

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look, if a pro player with a big name is lending his/her name and/ or also investing their own money in a billiard establishment; then it has to be located in a fairly densely populated area where the name recognition can draw sufficient number of customers to establish profitability.

Years ago Mickey Mantle sold his name to a sports themed restaurant/bar in NYC upper west side on Central Park West- it was very successful for a period of time- the food was great- Mantle was almost never there. Bobby Valentine was very successful in Ct starting in 1981 with a series of sports themed bar/restaurants. Bobby would be there quite often and mix with the customers quite a bit. He was a working owner.

I don't think a pro billiard player's name adds much to a billiard place unless they are invested with their time being devoted to the frequent customer player's interests. I would expect some interaction with a pro player as a frequent customer- at least a friendly game and some conversation on occasion- otherwise- what's the point?
Mantle was there quite often drinking with the patrons hence a liver transplant and he continued to drink.

Mark V

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I deal with a lot of the public daily in my line of work. I'll do my best to spread the good word. I'd REALLY like to see this place take off. I grew up in Raleigh, NC in the 90s and there were successful pool rooms everywhere. I easily had 6 within 20 minutes from my house. Different time for sure, but this area is crying for a place like this. If run right, it has potential to do very well. Can't wait to play on a GC6... wow.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to make a trip there to play. I actually loved MBC. When they had the food for their menu, their kitchen was good too. That was just from poor management, so hopefully the management at this place can give MBCs management the 6 out. MBC had this burger steak and potato that was REALLY good.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Johnny and I never got to finish our game of bonus ball that we played. It's tough for Johnny cause whenever he's there, everyone wants to talk to him.

Jaden

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to make a trip there to play. I actually loved MBC. When they had the food for their menu, their kitchen was good too. That was just from poor management, so hopefully the management at this place can give MBCs management the 6 out. MBC had this burger steak and potato that was REALLY good.

Jaden
The guy doing the kitchen really knows what he’s doing. He has a couple spots now. I’ve seen the kitchen-it’s great! 6 baskets for fryers, 36” griddle, the whole bit. Full blown commercial kitchen, coolers for food, everything. Will be great, there is just a bit of construction delay with a cooler and a slab needs poured. Timeline is on track. I’m exited too.

The bar looks great. Kinda like “Splash” bar in the Riv in Vegas. Lots of room.

I’d guess in 3-4 weeks it will be a well oiled machine. The soft opening is necessary to figure out a few things and stock up the bar(huge $ for inventory)

It’s been great watching this come to life. JA has worked his ass off the last 6 months. He has great people with him. Some Hawaiian guy named Rodney I heard a little about 😉😍❤️🤙. The other people involved too are all solid.

Good times!
Fatboy

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy doing the kitchen really knows what he’s doing. He has a couple spots now. I’ve seen the kitchen-it’s great! 6 baskets for fryers, 36” griddle, the whole bit. Full blown commercial kitchen, coolers for food, everything. Will be great, there is just a bit of construction delay with a cooler and a slab needs poured. Timeline is on track. I’m exited too.

The bar looks great. Kinda like “Splash” bar in the Riv in Vegas. Lots of room.

I’d guess in 3-4 weeks it will be a well oiled machine. The soft opening is necessary to figure out a few things and stock up the bar(huge $ for inventory)

It’s been great watching this come to life. JA has worked his ass off the last 6 months. He has great people with him. Some Hawaiian guy named Rodney I heard a little about 😉😍❤️🤙. The other people involved too are all solid.

Good times!
Fatboy

Any idea what the hold up is on the cooler? I work in the architectural industry and one of our main customers has a 6 month wait for the cooler/freezer panels. There is apparently a shortage of chemicals used to build the walls.

I hope he got his stuff before that happened.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cutting through the hype, it sounds like a cookie cutter sports bar, not a pool room. How many 9 foot tables does it have?
A pool-only spot is doomed from the start. You have to offer other things to make any money. Better have good food, well stocked bar and something to do other than just shoot pool. Go open one yourself and find out.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any idea what the hold up is on the cooler? I work in the architectural industry and one of our main customers has a 6 month wait for the cooler/freezer panels. There is apparently a shortage of chemicals used to build the walls.

I hope he got his stuff before that happened.
It’s fine, I just think it was delayed. The kitchen went in fine, all inspections signed off. It’s a big kitchen and bar, lots of work. Not opening is the wrong idea-a soft opening makes sense. So that’s what JA decided with everyone else. I’m not involved I just get the play by play, pretty cool. There really hasn’t been any troubles. Just lots of moving parts