CTE automatically corrects stroke issues

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is none. The whole thing (aiming "correcting" your stroke) is complete hogwash that cannot be believed by a thinking person.

An aiming system can help you point the cue in the right direction. You yourself have to find a system to align your body correctly in order to stroke on the line provided. If you want help to stop twisting, try stroking the cue back and forth and focus on the cue moving in a straight line, while just "forming" your hand around it. At the very least you'll become acutely aware of the influence your hand is having.
From your lips to Gods ears.

All these “aimers” who can’t hit the CB where they intend are now preaching that their aim will fix broken (or lack of fundamentals).

I’m glad they are playing pool, and they can believe what they like. I’m not going to try and change their minds. Nor can they change my mind.

Respectfully
Fatboy

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
It would do your cause well if you could admit the obvious once in a while. I would not post a video where I failed to execute the demonstration shots. I would figure out what I was doing wrong and why and then redo the video.
I'm glad he puts up the videos as they are. It's no knock on CTE, for all I know, CTE helps him a great deal and he could have missed many more shots without it. The point is, that they are real and give an accurate representation of his skill, and maybe what a lot of people can expect to achieve. I'm aware that talking/demonstrating does take away from your performance a bit, as well, but that is real too. Most people don't realize how hard you have to try to play well, they think pros just shoot without looking. What I dislike are demonstration videos with chalkmarks or chalk traces in the cloth, indicating that there have been dozens of attempts before. That is fakery, designed to make people believe that they will hit center pocket every time, they don't even have to work on their mechanics, because the system will magically fix their mechanics and compensate for all table and ball factors. That to me is way, way worse.

The problem is that people are stupid and lazy. They want to become great with no effort at all and they ignore all evidence to the contrary of their belief that this is possible. They want something fairly uncomplicated, too. Realistically, with the time and effort most people are willing and able to put in, they are at best going to be "ok". But you can't sell videos, systems and books titled "how to be an ok poolplayer". You definitely can't sell books that accurately describe all the work you need to put in in different areas to be an actual GREAT player. So, if you're going to sell, you need a title like "the 5 minute pool pro" or similar. So you rehearse 5 billion times to get a perfect and effortless looking demonstration, or get an allready great player to do the demonstrations in the videos, and presto: you've got a best-seller (or whatever the pool world equivalent to that would be?) You can see the same phenomenon in almost every human activity, but particularly sports. Luckily I've never seen "the 5 minute heart surgeon" or "3 easy steps to become an engineer overnight". Had there not been very strict rules in place to ensure proper qualifications, those books would no doubt have existed.
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Lmao. Well, he, has no clue concerning anything CTE so how in the hell could I possibly agree.
You only say this because he's not preaching your sermon. 👍

To say Dan doesn't get it or the rest of us don't shows a lack of intelligence. 🙂

If we really didn't get it, and most of here if not all. have got a good understanding on how aiming works.
Beginners clear up to very advanced players just wouldn't understand it according to your logic and most of cte users...really..lol

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
To say Dan doesn't get it or the rest of us don't shows a lack of intelligence. 🙂
Not seeing it's just another fractional reference system shows that CTE users themselves "get" that obvious fact least of all.

I think that denial is how it works for them.

pj
chgo

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You only say this because he's not preaching your sermon. 👍

If we really didn't get it, and most of here if not all. have got a good understanding on how aiming works.
Beginners clear up to very advanced players just wouldn't understand it according to your logic and most of cte users...really..lol
No. I’ve asked Dan specific questions about CTE and all he can do is quote other CTE users for the answers. Shows he had no understanding clearly.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Be thankful there's a margin of error in the pocket.(we should all be thankful) you'd see the truth in everything.

Again, you can't control everything that's happening in the collision, many factors come into play. I'm alright with believing otherwise. 👍
Be thankful that there are people willing to experiment and help others. Otherwise none of you would have anything to ridicule. If you want to do a shot making contest on 4" pockets I have some people willing to accomodate you for big $$$.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The score that counted was 9-6 for $10k.

JB is also counting games we played for fun way back when. If that isn't laughable and pathetic, I don't know what is.

Lou Figueroa
9 hours and you were a whole 3 games ahead. I GAVE you most of the games you won. You didn't EARN them. And you're scared to ever play again. Oh sure played for fun. You were a huge effing ASSHOLE on RSB, far more than you are here, because of rules. So don't act like that match wasn't meaningful. And don't brag about the 10k, you got 2k of it. Your backer had to drag you off the porch to play after you ducked me 3x. You would have NEVER played had you not been goaded into it with the promise of a team to jack with me online during the lead up.

Only a coward wins and won't play again. And you're a coward. In addition to being a huge liar you are a craven coward who is unwelcome in pool rooms all around you because of your nittiness. You are such a liar that in one post you insinuate that you are so good you had to slow play to keep it interesting and claim I really had no chance and when I point it out that makes you a thief you then backtrack and try to downplay your boasting. Fact is that I stepped up to a hundred ball runner and played. Outside of $600 that two of my friends took of the bet I had the rest of the $10,000. You didn't bet a single dollar on yourself and it was ONLY in the last three days before the match where you tried to screw with me by offering to triple the bet. You're lucky that I played at all. I wanted to tell you to screw off and give you the 3k stake and then make you watch while I played other people on the stream after that "move" on your part. You were so odious to deal with after I went out of my way to make everything right and courteous.

You're the worst "winner" on earth imo. An example of a spineless coward who won a match that he had to be dragged into and who won't play a rematch. No wonder your well-known nittiness and lack of character are so well known among those around you.

Anyway, the game score between us is 10-8. Clearly you hate it that I beat you. I would beat you again if we were to ever play again but your tiny trembling heart won't allow you to do that. It burns you up that you don't have what it takes to win if I don't sell out games. When you look in the mirror the truth that you're just not as good as you pretend to be stares back at you. I know where I stand in the skills department and have zero illusion that I am supposed to win against you. But what I do have is tremendous heart. And that heart with some disciplined practice is likely to be all I need to win against a spineless coward.

By the way since you want to CONTINUE talking about this 8 years later. I will be reporting to the IRS that you received $10,000 from me. You can correct your tax returns accordingly. You can tell them what the exact division of the money was. You are correct that the match that counted was the won where I lost $10,000 and you gained $10,000. As honest as you are I am sure you reported that income on your taxes.

Remember that ALL of this started with your decision to ridicule someone who was merely excited about learning something new. You and a few others here are truly awful human beings and you constantly compete for which of you is worse.

And despite all of your pitiful efforts Center to Edge aiming is getting bigger by the day. You got lucky that a CTE cheerleader didn't prepare well enough and you're smart enough not to let him try again. So, take the 10k "tip" your group's unethical actions earned you and ride out your "victory" forever as it is clearly the biggest win of your otherwise unremarkable life. Would you like me to engrave Lou beat John on the trophy? Your missed shots and your comments will be highlighted in the upcoming videos. You are about to reap ALL that you have earned with your actions. Your name won't be mentioned as I just plan to use you as an example of a middle aged player who isn't as good as he could be.

So you want to be intertwined with me forever by not honoring your word then I will grant your wish.

Got it Master Lou?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
You pr
Be thankful that there are people willing to experiment and help others. Otherwise none of you would have anything to ridicule. If you want to do a shot making contest on 4" pockets I have some people willing to accomodate you for big $$$.
I bet you do...your awesome.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
No. I’ve asked Dan specific questions about CTE and all he can do is quote other CTE users for the answers. Shows he had no understanding clearly.
I think he gets it( we all do, just how there's no adjustments for all those shots) but what he's really trying to do is help you with how you're doing it.🙂

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You have referenced this thing about us pointing out failures and ignoring successes with CTE several times. I think you are missing a key point so let me clear it up:

When you are successfully making shots you may or may not be using CTE. The observer has no way of knowing, other than recognizing that CTE CANNOT work as described. It is geometrically impossible. So when you play well "with CTE" many of us realize that you are making those shots with some kind of altered CTE method that you yourself probably do not fully understand. If you did then you would have no interest in constructing experiments in your shop to test what is really going on with CTE.

No, that's not it. I have a curiosity for myself because I like to play pool and I like to understand what works and why. But what works is more important than why because the REASON I play pool is to run out and win.

And - god effing effing SIGH - the user IS using CTE. ONCE again your whole effing point is that there must be "some kind of SUBCONSCIOUS adjustment" for CTE to work. So, EVEN IF YOU ARE RIGHT, it is the shooter's USAGE OF THE CTE METHOD THAT GETS THEM THERE.

So, the point is that IF you're right and the makes are BECAUSE of the subconscious then the what is the reason for the misses? See how your contention breaks down when you consider the inverse? You never ever count the misses as a result of the subconscious but instead continue to attribute them to the system not being valid.

When you are failing at pocketing balls with reasonable frequency while doing CTE demonstration videos, it says that you are either not performing the CTE steps correctly, or that you are and it doesn't work. It is inconceivable after over a decade that you could still be doing it wrong, so that leads to the idea that it just doesn't work. See the difference?

Once again we go back to the CONTEXT. Something you deliberately and maliciously ignore. You don't count the makes. You don't have any DATA on the shots made and missed over the course of all of my videos. You seize on ONE sequence of shots where I was setting up a difficult shot on an unlevel table in a casual manner. You don't say well John is a single person let's see how others are doing with it. You DELIBERATELY IGNORE every person who demonstrates extremely accurate shotmaking OR you dismiss the demonstration as the result of having already been good players - insinuating that the players are either deliberately misleading or are themselves delusional.

I know you will reject this reasoning but I don't need to get a reply. I just wanted to explain why success does not mean CTE works while failure might mean it doesn't.

Gee, thanks for the OBVIOUS comment on how logic works. Now comment on the OBVIOUS examples of cherry picking to advance your argument. Your "reasoning" only works when you choose to ACT ethically and analyze ALL of the available data.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I think he gets it( we all do, just how there's no adjustments for all those shots) but what he's really trying to do is help you with how you're doing it.🙂
LOL, help......that's hilarious. Nothing you or other knockers do is aimed at helping anyone. You even use objective aiming and yet you make yourself subservient to those who reject the objectivity in the methods. Because of objective aiming you have achieved a decent level and yet you make yourself into a tool for those who would rather that all such aiming systems go away.

If ANY of you were willing to help then you would have taken me up on the many times I offered to fund get togethers to work it all out on the table. But ridicule and insult are far easier than actually making any real effort to bring disparate opinions on technique into agreement. I have finally come to the realization that many of you thrive on this conflict. I don't. I want harmony but not at the expense of bowing to bullies.