Purchased a different Shaft and tip to play on a Diamond Table vs. Brunswick Gold Crown

docgpmiller

So when I shoot banks on the Gold Crown for many years I have learned my Bank Shots a certain way. If I shoot on the Diamond of course they are slightly short due to the Rails which is widely known. I purchased a Viking Vikore Shaft and installed a Black Kamui Super Soft Tip and it will go long about a quarter Diamond on the the Gold Crown. So When I play on the Diamond Table it is just right to compensate for the Diamond shortness. Therefore, for MY GAME I am able to shoot the same on Gold Crowns and Diamonds with just Changing out my Shaft. BTW I use a Viking Vpro Shaft and Elkmaster Soft tip on my Gold Crown tables.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry but that makes no sense to me.
Pure lunacy. So instead of just making the MINOR adjustment between tables you now have to do that and adjust to what amounts to a different cue??? Ever see pro golfers use two putters in same round?? Of course not. Reason for it too.

docgpmiller

Noone said it had to make perfect sense. It is just what I observed. It may be something completely different for all the EXPERTS. I am putting it out here to see if anyone experienced the same thing.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So when I shoot banks on the Gold Crown for many years I have learned my Bank Shots a certain way. If I shoot on the Diamond of course they are slightly short due to the Rails which is widely known. I purchased a Viking Vikore Shaft and installed a Black Kamui Super Soft Tip and it will go long about a quarter Diamond on the the Gold Crown. So When I play on the Diamond Table it is just right to compensate for the Diamond shortness. Therefore, for MY GAME I am able to shoot the same on Gold Crowns and Diamonds with just Changing out my Shaft. BTW I use a Viking Vpro Shaft and Elkmaster Soft tip on my Gold Crown tables.
How many outings on the Diamond with the new shaft?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Screenshot_20210428-154232.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread and its entire premise is ludicrous.

The contention set forth: changing a tip can make two inherently different pool tables play the same to the end user is beyond insanity. It is akin to saying you can make your minivan drive like a sedan by changing your shoes.

Trollololollolololol

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This threat and its entire premise is ludicrous.

A contention by changing a tip can make to inherently different pool tables play the same to an end user is beyond insanity. It is akin to saying you can make your minivan drive like a sedan by changing your shoes.

Trollololollolololol
You are wrong here.
I bought a $200 pair of Ferrari driving gloves and my mini van transformed into a Ferrari sports car.
Have you never seen a Transformers movie?

docgpmiller

My money is on you will be banking short next time or you made the adjustment and the shaft has nothing to do with it.
Could be - we shall see...

Why do you think I threw it out there to see if this is the way it is supposed to be or just a different thing happening all to together.

I can roll with all of this as we discuss it...

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could be - we shall see...

Why do you think I threw it out there to see if this is the way it is supposed to be or just a different thing happening all to together.

I can roll with all of this as we discuss it...
No idea. The concept of a different shaft for different tables seems foreign to everyone. There's nothing wrong with that but I think I would have gotten more than one trial to crown it the magic bullet.