Jim Murnak is making a new kind of cue case

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
430D3FDA-DA63-4CEA-A396-6D7715509651.png
61ECFF0F-9C9C-4766-9AAF-988978CD8C67.png
01D4AC0B-FF23-4FEC-A20C-E1440140533A.png
For a long time I have wanted to make a cue case like this. In the 1980’s I used to make copies of Italian attaché cases when Abercrombie & Fitch sold out of their imported cases until they could get a new shipment.
All the exterior sewing is done by hand. It’s hand dyed with soft glove leather inside. This one is a 2x4 and priced at $2500. I intend to make more of them as we go on.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is only reminiscent of the old violin cue cases back in the 50’s & 60’s only in that it opens the same way.
Thereafter this case departs from anything made. It is incredibly sturdy looking, and at the same time, elegant.

The leather looks handsome, plush, stitched beautifully & crafted like it should carry something of importance.
It appears to be so well made in this design style that anything more than a 2x4 case could be like luggage.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Beautiful case
$2500. 😱😱
way past my price point
View attachment 613933View attachment 613934View attachment 613932For a long time I have wanted to make a cue case like this. In the 1980’s I used to make copies of Italian attaché cases when Abercrombie & Fitch sold out of their imported cases until they could get a new shipment.
All the exterior sewing is done by hand. It’s hand dyed with soft glove leather inside. This one is a 2x4 and priced at $2500. I intend to make more of them as we go on.
What is the base construction materials?
In other words, wood, CF etc. It appears to have two layers for butts and shafts.

I used to have one of the original Palmer cases that were essentially a piece of quality luggage. I don't think it was real leather though.

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the base construction materials?
In other words, wood, CF etc. It appears to have two layers for butts and shafts.

I used to have one of the original Palmer cases that were essentially a piece of quality luggage. I don't think it was real leather though.
It’s made with high grade plywood. That’s true. The butts are underneath and the shafts are on a table on hinges that lifts up.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m planning a 1x2
Those look great.

Are you still making regular cases? I guess I thought you were long since retired from serious health issues that you had posted about years ago. I just put a new case order in a couple of months ago and never saw anything where you were still in business.

Thanks.

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those look great.

Are you still making regular cases? I guess I thought you were long since retired from serious health issues that you had posted about years ago. I just put a new case order in a couple of months ago and never saw anything where you were still in business.

Thanks.
I will make cases now. I’m fairly healthy now. They would just take 3-6 months. I don’t have reference photos to show now so you would have to know what you want.

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is only reminiscent of the old violin cue cases back in the 50’s & 60’s only in that it opens the same way.
Thereafter this case departs from anything made. It is incredibly sturdy looking, and at the same time, elegant.

The leather looks handsome, plush, stitched beautifully & crafted like it should carry something of importance.
It appears to be so well made in this design style that anything more than a 2x4 case could be like luggage.
Thanks. Probably a 3x6 would add a few inches to the width but that may be as far as you would want to go, but who knows.