Jim Murnak is making a new kind of cue case

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 613933View attachment 613934View attachment 613932For a long time I have wanted to make a cue case like this. In the 1980’s I used to make copies of Italian attaché cases when Abercrombie & Fitch sold out of their imported cases until they could get a new shipment.
All the exterior sewing is done by hand. It’s hand dyed with soft glove leather inside. This one is a 2x4 and priced at $2500. I intend to make more of them as we go on.
Do a photo shoot with some big Gus’s & Bushka’s in them would be super cool.

What a great case! 😍😍❤️

Fatboy Approved

Best
Fatboy😀👍

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if I were to wager, I’d bet the cues that ultimately reside in this case
would have cost its new owner a whole lot more than this gorgeous case.

I’d have a hard time trying to decide which two cues to carry in it so that’s
my rationale for resisting temptation to acquire a magnificent looking case.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well good for you Jim Murnak. Good to see you back! I still own and use a 3 x 5 leather case that was one of your first prototype cases. You sponsored your cases here by selling them at deep discounts to get them out. That is how I came to own mine. It has some broken hardware and one of the shoulder strap harnesses broke but it is still in use whenever I play pool. That included today. It has that used but still useful look... SO Thank you for that and if I were guessing the case must be well over 15 years old now at the least!! Hope your well and have success with your new cases!

MrKnives

Very nice. As a knifemaker and leather worker I can recognize fine craftsmanship and this is a gem. Congrats on your craftsmanship sir. Certainly worthy of capturing photos with some brighter lighting. There are some amazing and inexpensive led lights on Amazon that are great for photography if that’s a desire. Or simple outdoor lighting

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
A nice case! When you build quality it becomes "build it and they will come." I learned long ago a person can't compete when it comes to building something cheap. There are always people that think they are spending less to construct something than they really are. They are probably hobbyists too so they are just fine with what they think is breaking even. They end up doing a lot of work for a loss which eventually takes the fun out of building.

There was an event photographer. He wanted to take pictures as a mellow sideline. Soon he had a six month waiting list, not what he had in mind! He tripled the price trying to discourage customers. Last I remember he had a several year waiting list!

Build what you want to build and just hang on when you get a few out to be seen. Customers will come and what is best is that they will be the kind of customers you want.

Hu

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Think Jim M is not going to be bombarded with orders for $2,500.00 Pool Cue Cases.

This will be a small market targeting big money buyers, who seek something unique, and have unlimited income,

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
D0A5D112-FDB4-47B6-BAC0-8FC206C8EA2D.png
012D8E54-F4DE-4E74-AE85-8336E30B08D5.png

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
View attachment 613933View attachment 613934View attachment 613932For a long time I have wanted to make a cue case like this. In the 1980’s I used to make copies of Italian attaché cases when Abercrombie & Fitch sold out of their imported cases until they could get a new shipment.
All the exterior sewing is done by hand. It’s hand dyed with soft glove leather inside. This one is a 2x4 and priced at $2500. I intend to make more of them as we go on.
What would a case like that weigh, length?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I need something like this for my Jackpots. :)

Well you must be rich as Hawaii is not we’re the poor live.🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I honestly have noting that would warrant a Jim M Cue Case.

But I understand you want something unique to not only protect your JACKPOTS, but all more Wow factor to the unveiling of those unique limited production Cues.😉😉😉😉

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just thought I would add a few more pictures that wouldn’t go up in the first post.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I just thought I would add a few more pictures that wouldn’t go up in the first post.

Well Jim do you still have web-site for your business in one of the Five Boroughs ❓❓

You still building Gun leather & Cue Cases in Big Apple, have you gone to Semi Retirement in Florida?

If you still have active web-sure please link😉

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Jim do you still have web-site for your business in one of the Five Boroughs ❓❓

You still building Gun leather & Cue Cases in Big Apple, have you gone to Semi Retirement in Florida?

If you still have active web-sure please link😉
I don’t have a cue case site anymore.

ikant1975

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Mr. Murnak,

i am a custom cue and case collector and i feel great about you making cases again. You have been missed ;-)
Even if that case is awesome, i have to ask if you are willing to make some of your earlier case modells aswell?
Anyway : it is good for all of us, seeing you making cases again...
If you take orders i would love to place one ;-)

Kindest regards from Germany
Markus

Last edited: