For sale section

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Some do pay for premium membership as you know. Doesn't matter though it's about professionalism and there is nothing professional about allowing comments in a sale post.
As a buyer and I do buy a lot over a few forums, I don't want to look at a sales ad and have to sift through a bunch of random posts that do nothing but distract from the item being sold.
In my opinion a sales post should not be an open forum as a free for all to reply. There is a public forum for that, like the one we are in right now.
Again look at professional forums and you will see that replies to sales are not allowed.
Perhaps we need a poll that addresses replies in sales posts? A general consensus and use that as a gauge to determine the rule.
So you pay nothing here as a "professional seller" but I pay for Gold as a non-selling member. You make money here for free and I spend money here to communicate with like minded people. Yet you would like to call the classified forum rules? I also CLEARLY STATED how I admin a forum, that is: NO BS POSTS on a for sale ad. Questions about the product only. Yet you are trying to use the opposite as a debate item with me?

You keep using the word or variation of "professional". WTH???? Not sure why you think AZB is some kind of Professional Selling Forum, that's kinda nuts? Sounds like you want AZB to be something it is not and should not be. This is a forum about pool that lets members buy and sell each others stuff. And while there are some "small business or hobby business" product posts, doesn't change that fact the intent of the forum is for the majority, not the minority (people thinking this is a mini-ebay or etzy).

Sponsoring a forum to be able to advertise and sell stuff comes at a cost almost everywhere. There's a cost to the owner to provide a market audience for your wares. Try appreciating that.

Last edited:

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
So you pay nothing here as a "professional seller" but I pay for Gold as a non-selling member. You make money here for free and I spend money here to communicate with like minded people. Yet you would like to call the classified forum rules? I also CLEARLY STATED how I admin a forum, that is: NO BS POSTS on a for sale ad. Questions about the product only. Yet you are trying to use the opposite as a debate item with me?

You keep using the word or variation of "professional". WTH???? Not sure why you think AZB is some kind of Professional Selling Forum, that's kinda nuts? Sounds like you want AZB to be something it is not and should not be. This is a forum about pool that lets members buy and sell each others stuff. And while there are some "small business or hobby business" product posts, doesn't change that fact the intent of the forum is for the majority, not the minority (people thinking this is a mini-ebay or etzy).

Sponsoring a forum to be able to advertise and sell stuff comes at a cost almost everywhere. There's a cost to the owner to provide a market audience for your wares. Try appreciating that.
I do appreciate AZB that's why I've been here for a long long time. Advertisers pay for the forum not the members as do pretty much every forum.
I say let the majority decide if replying on a sales post is necessary and then the mods can correct the rules as needed to satisfy the members wishes, if the majority want to keep replies the so be it.
I don't know why you are so critical of others opinions, no reason for that. Look at it from everyone's side, for sure it would make the mods job so much easier to have a set rule of no replies like the other forums I frequent and that's the point to make it easier on mods in the long run.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do appreciate AZB that's why I've been here for a long long time. Advertisers pay for the forum not the members as do pretty much every forum.
I say let the majority decide if replying on a sales post is necessary and then the mods can correct the rules as needed to satisfy the members wishes, if the majority want to keep replies the so be it.
I don't know why you are so critical of others opinions, no reason for that. Look at it from everyone's side, for sure it would make the mods job so much easier to have a set rule of no replies like the other forums I frequent and that's the point to make it easier on mods in the long run.
I rarely buy things on here, but I get a much better feeling when I can see comments. It's the only way I get to know if the seller is a POS.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some do pay for premium membership as you know. Doesn't matter though it's about professionalism and there is nothing professional about allowing comments in a sale post.
As a buyer and I do buy a lot over a few forums, I don't want to look at a sales ad and have to sift through a bunch of random posts that do nothing but distract from the item being sold.
In my opinion a sales post should not be an open forum as a free for all to reply. There is a public forum for that, like the one we are in right now.
Again look at professional forums and you will see that replies to sales are not allowed.
Perhaps we need a poll that addresses replies in sales posts? A general consensus and use that as a gauge to determine the rule.
If someone asks a question then h
considering other people's perspectives...Is it not true that when someone asks a question about something, it is likely that others also have the same question and may not have taken the time to ask it?

No replies would likely leave the seller responding multiple times to the same question...and only to the people who bother to pm about it.

Additionally,
I rarely buy things on here, but I get a much better feeling when I can see comments. It's the only way I get to know if the seller is a POS.
And it is literally impossible for a seller to create a listing that address everyone's expectations.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Commenting on FS threads is allowed. Just read rules 6 & 7 that confirm this.
Rule 10 prohibits having conversational exchanges on a thread. Instead, the
two, or more parties, must do that via private message exchange. It does not
prohibit posting comments this Forum has permitted ever since I’ve been here.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe there should be a separate forum for Gold Members to list their stuff.

That would keep non-paying members from having a higher post in the list than a paying member.

It might encourage sellers to become Gold Members.

dirtvictim

Commenting on FS threads is allowed. Just read rules 6 & 7 that confirm this.
Rule 10 prohibits having conversational exchanges on a thread. Instead, the
two, or more parties, must do that via private message exchange. It does not
prohibit posting comments this Forum has permitted ever since I’ve been here.
Already knew the rules. I just think it's unnecessary and actually quite unprofessional to allow random or even relative comments in the sales posts.
If a potential buyer has a question they should PM and then the seller can update necessary info in their ad or in a bump if proper time has passed to do so, it's not hard to do and then buyers have access to the updated info. Why some buyers feel the "need" to participate in a sellers post is beyond me.
The sense of "entitled" audience participation in a sales ad is baffling to me.
I recently broke the million dollar mark in ebay sales and never once did a buyer insist they should comment on my ads. Strangely enough if I am provided with info from a potential buyer through a PM I am able to open the ad and update it to include any necessary info.
I've only sold a few cues here over the years maybe 8 and the few times someone commented it made me feel a bit uneasy to be honest, how is it anyone else's business to publicly comment? That's definitely a sense of entitlement there. Maybe it should be up to the seller?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe there should be a separate forum for Gold Members to list their stuff.

That would keep non-paying members from having a higher post in the list than a paying member.

It might encourage sellers to become Gold Members.
Love this.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Already knew the rules. I just think it's unnecessary and actually quite unprofessional to allow random or even relative comments in the sales posts.
If a potential buyer has a question they should PM and then the seller can update necessary info in their ad or in a bump if proper time has passed to do so, it's not hard to do and then buyers have access to the updated info. Why some buyers feel the "need" to participate in a sellers post is beyond me.
I recently broke the million dollar mark in ebay sales and never once did a buyer insist they should comment on my ads. Strangely enough if I am provided with info from a potential buyer through a PM I am able to open the ad and update it to include any necessary info.
I've only sold a few cues here over the years maybe 8 and the few times someone commented it made me feel a bit uneasy to be honest, how is it anyone else's business to publicly comment? That's definitely a sense of entitlement there. Maybe it should be up to the seller?
Why should sellers be entitled to having no comments? eBay is making money off of you.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don't want to read comments, do not scroll past the initial post.
Unless I am misunderstanding the process, I think each additional post with comments boosts the sale thread to the top of the listings, like a “bump”.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I thought only the seller could bump his sale ad. Never thought about a comment bumping it. Shows how much i pay attention. ;)
I believe that is how it was before the format change, and even then there was a lockout of two or more days between bumps, IIRC.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe any post in any thread on any of the forums puts it to the top so that People see the most active threads.

I actually like seeing of the posts in for sale. I am not a flipper but enjoy collecting and given how unique and diverse the history on billiards equipment is i like seeing people respond. I have done additional research on older cue makers that i never heard of.

If the post is relevant i find it useful. Also many severely over priced items. I think it was here i saw a maker comment that someone selling one of his cue as quite high. Made me laugh. I then ordered a cue from him directly. I recall the seller was upset.

As to professionalism .. selling on a forum is not exactly that professional. Doubt the majority of sellers are logging their sales in a registered business.

dirtvictim

Why should sellers be entitled to having no comments? eBay is making money off of you.
Why should other members be entitled to making comments? Sellers pay the fees on ebay not the buyers. As for here even if a seller doesn't pay fees it is their ad not another member ad so other members have zero vested interest in the ad, in essence the seller owns the ad not even AZB owns the ad it is actually published by the seller so they actually have intellectual property rights to the ad.
The seller should have the right to restrict comments however it would be difficult to do that individually so as a matter of fairness no one should be able to comment, that fulfills the rights of the seller and doesn't interfere with any other members rights. This is why many other forums don't allow comments in sales ads.
Again the sense of entitlement is disturbing.
Anyway go take the poll I posted and comment away.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But you don’t hear many sellers complaining about other members posting comments or asking questions.
It’s always been that way and that what a forum involves. Maybe another site is different. If it bothers anyone
that much, they can always go to FB I guess. But to suggest it’s only some folks doing it incorrectly portrays
that this is actually accepted practice & you don’t see the Moderators or thread sellers griping much about it.

dirtvictim

But you don’t hear many sellers complaining about other members posting comments or asking questions.
It’s always been that way and that what a forum involves. Maybe another site is different. If it bothers anyone
that much, they can always go to FB I guess. But to suggest it’s only some folks doing it incorrectly portrays
that this is actually accepted practice and you don’t see the Moderators or thread sellers are griping about it.
I think as time passes we will see more sellers paying attention and perhaps ask that the rule be changed. It's much cleaner to see only the ad on the page and only the seller bump his ad than a bunch of miscellaneous replies some not pertinent to the item or simple "nice cue" and will limit the bumps and use of bandwidth as well as make it easier on the mods too.
Logical in my opinion.
Anyway go vote on my poll I posted and feel free to comment away. Maybe some logic will come from all this.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think as time passes we will see more sellers paying attention and perhaps ask that the rule be changed. It's much cleaner to see only the ad on the page and only the seller bump his ad than a bunch of miscellaneous replies some not pertinent to the item or simple "nice cue" and will limit the bumps and use of bandwidth as well as make it easier on the mods too.
Logical in my opinion.
Anyway go vote on my poll I posted and feel free to comment away. Maybe some logic will come from all this.
Contact azhousepro. That's where the buck stops.