One pocket WWYD - After Break

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I wasn’t sure what to do with this break yesterday. I ended up going 4 rails. The first time I came in just a bit short and nudged that 13 into a beautiful starter for my enemy.

I set it up a few times until I could get back in that corner. Is there a simpler move that I’m just not seeing?

029CF418-F54C-478B-92AE-8E5F69B147E6.jpeg

96AA94C3-7E1A-44DC-B068-341E1DF5116D.png
9FB9FEC9-2A25-4EF2-A113-C03205ADA270.png
D09E1FAB-96E4-4ACA-B2D4-ACFD6CADAD25.png

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you can bank the 14 to your side and jam him up that could be the way to go. If not, I like kicking around the table and getting behind his shit. I've practiced that one enough to become relatively confident.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you can bank the 14 to your side and jam him up that could be the way to go. If not, I like kicking around the table and getting behind his shit. I've practiced that one enough to become relatively confident.
That's the first shot I saw but you need accurate jacked-up draw to stick the cue ball on the 5.

You might be able to drag the cue ball to your opponent's pocket off the 9 but you have to get the speed and angle right and it's jacked up. It also works if you can drag the cue ball onto the 3 ball.

Corey would carom the cue off the 7 to make the 4, angle permitting. o_O

I think the 4-cushion lag might be the best shot here. The bank-the-14-and-stick could be a problem with the 14 hitting the rack and freeing the cue ball if you hit the 14 too much on the left.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I wasn’t sure what to do with this break yesterday. I ended up going 4 rails. The first time I came in just a bit short and nudged that 13 into a beautiful starter for my enemy.

I set it up a few times until I could get back in that corner. Is there a simpler move that I’m just not seeing?

View attachment 616227
1. 1 rail straight back.
2. Stun off the 9.
3. Bank the 14, hide CB in stack.
4. Hold camera straighter so I don't get dizzy.

pj
chgo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's not clear how much of the 8 you can see. There might be a shot there.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To the same target as the 4-railer. ...
Like bank the 14 into the 12 and drag the cue ball to the end rail to maybe leave the 9-13 doubled up?\

That would be a good chance to get some on your side and give the opponent a cueing test.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
1. 1 rail straight back.
2. Stun off the 9.
3. Bank the 14, hide CB in stack.
4. Hold camera straighter so I don't get dizzy.

pj
chgo
Lol sorry, I have four pictures but this was the only one that wasn’t ‘too large’

I thought about the 14 but I was worried about selling out the 6 if the cb wasn’t just so.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
cant tell if you go 3 rails to above the 13 you can drift to the correct side of the 3
i dont think so

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

View attachment 616227
View attachment 616235View attachment 616237View attachment 616236
Hit 7 with a stun draw, banking the 4 too your side (3 ball combo) and park whitey Behind the 2 snug on the 7. Having a ball (4) close to your pocket can switch game around with proper speed.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Alex is doing the 4-rail kick on the 12-ball. 8-ball can’t bank...the fight is on.
....a great break

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Hit 7 with a stun draw, banking the 4 too your side (3 ball combo) and park whitey Behind the 2 snug on the 7. Having a ball (4) close to your pocket can switch game around with proper speed.
I like this idea as I’m always looking for a way to get at least one to my side after the break but I’m pretty sure the 4 would go right into that 13.

Half the pictures say it will, the other half it looks like it clears the 13 np.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like this idea as I’m always looking for a way to get at least one to my side after the break but I’m pretty sure the 4 would go right into that 13.

Half the pictures say it will, the other half it looks like it clears the 13 np.
dangerous shot to me

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i like going 1 rail aiming at 1 or 1 and 1/2 diamonds on the short rail and using spin to get the angle to land between the 13 and 12