Jeremy Jones taking over for Earl on team

Monti

C8DAF88B-6BE9-48F0-B4DC-5A4171737D71.jpeg

Jayson's '9/10 players vaccinated' statement appears to be inaccurate.
It must be inaccurate. Earl has to have had the vaccine, if not, then he would have had to quarantine for 10 days on arrival in the Uk. He was out with the others straight away so he must be vaccinated

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
From Darren Appleton on FB:

I get on well with Earl and so much time for him !
Biggest event of the year worked his ass off this last month or so and everyone so excited to see him play it’s a massive blow for us fans and players and the sport !

But for Earl I mean Jesus, this got to be the worst roll in history of cue sports feel for him so bad, He must be absolutely devastated! And what’s worse he stuck in the hotel in London and guessing gets no prize money which is just rubbing salt into the wounds really! I’m sure the team will do the right thing
🇺🇸
that is!

I’m sure both sets of fans will be singing his name tmrw and still try and make it a cup to remember!
Good luck to both teams and well done to matchroom for making this event happen in these crazy times we live in
👏

🇬🇧
government rules
🤦🏻‍♂️

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From Darren Appleton on FB:

I get on well with Earl and so much time for him !
Biggest event of the year worked his ass off this last month or so and everyone so excited to see him play it’s a massive blow for us fans and players and the sport !

But for Earl I mean Jesus, this got to be the worst roll in history of cue sports feel for him so bad, He must be absolutely devastated! And what’s worse he stuck in the hotel in London and guessing gets no prize money which is just rubbing salt into the wounds really! I’m sure the team will do the right thing
🇺🇸
that is!

I’m sure both sets of fans will be singing his name tmrw and still try and make it a cup to remember!
Good luck to both teams and well done to matchroom for making this event happen in these crazy times we live in
👏

🇬🇧
government rules
🤦🏻‍♂️
I like Darren's post. Well said!

Reactions: KRJ

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It must be inaccurate. Earl has to have had the vaccine, if not, then he would have had to quarantine for 10 days on arrival in the Uk. He was out with the others straight away so he must be vaccinated
What's the date on that? They've changed some things in last ten days or so. When they got there you only had to isolate if a positive contact trace came back. Sky isn't vax'd either.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
And a million others didn't get sick or worse, because they got vaccinated. It's a pretty easy choice to me. Of course I come from a family of MD's, so what do they know? I'm sure the folks on FOX know far more then them about this virus and how careful we need to be, so let's tune in, turn on and drop out.........permanently!
A huge percentage of the minority population are not vaccinated. Sorry, but they don't have much trust in the govt based on prior experiences or from history. This is not about political affiliation.

There were many democratic leaders saying they would not trust a vaccine that was "rushed" to market. The implication was the Donald Trump would risk their health to win an election. The reality appears to be those leaders were willing to risk their constituents to win an election. So, now you have many minorities that heard that loud and clear as well, and are not being vaccinated.

I'm vaccinated, but it was my choice. And I take it with a grain of salt what either party has to say and don't base my medical well being on what have to say. I trust my doctor and his name is NOT Fauci.

I've never seen people getting a vaccine before that were worried they might get sick if the guy next to them does not get the vaccine. If they are that worried after getting the vaccine, maybe they should stay in their homes, just saying.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of the idiots who still resist getting vaccinated should read about some of their fellow former idiots who are sadly no longer with us. I only pray that our still-living idiots don't suffer the same fate, because it's not a pretty one.

As for Earl: I can't believe JJ would pick anyone for the MC team without requiring them to show proof of vaccination. I just assumed Earl was vaccinated because I saw him wearing a mask at tournaments where no other players were, and figured he was being double cautious.

Reactions: JAM

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading 9 pages I had to just skip to the end to share my .02, which I'm sure will be super helpful (you're welcome in advance).

Can we take a quick poll?
Of those who are in favor of the vaccine, who thinks that they will EVER change the mind of someone who is not...

Of those NOT in favor of the vaccine, who thinks they will EVER change the mind of someone who is...

Can we please just close the thread now? Do people really like arguing this much?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of the idiots who still resist getting vaccinated should read about some of their fellow former idiots who are sadly no longer with us. I only pray that our still-living idiots don't suffer the same fate, because it's not a pretty one.

As for Earl: I can't believe JJ would pick anyone for the MC team without requiring them to show proof of vaccination. I just assumed Earl was vaccinated because I saw him wearing a mask at tournaments where no other players were, and figured he was being double cautious.
I don't think anyone can board a plane without wearing a mask, vaccinated or not, but I'm shocked that he was allowed to fly internationally without showing proof of vaccination.

It's his choice not to be vaccinated, of course, but he went for that long shot in the corner pocket and got unlucky when the plane he was on, someone tested positive. If he had been vaccinated, he'd playing in the Mosconi Cup today because he tested negative. Since he was not vaccinated, he's out. Government regulations enforce this. He should have played a safety shot and gotten vaccinated. :p

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Whoa.

Sad to see how well the Divide and Conquer strategy is working right now!

JJ steps away for one day and all hell breaks loose. Not even a whole day.

Taxi, unhelpful lol. Calling everyone idiots because they don’t want a vaccine they may not need? Look at the world and see what’s happening and ask yourself why. Who benefits?

You can’t blame people for being wary of a government in collusion with pharmaceutical companies trying to mandate a vaccine that was a rush job, for a virus that is not that big of a deal.

I know some people have died, it sucks. That’s part of life. This is not the Black Death. Covid has not caused all this havoc, people have. However the virus was born and made its way into the world...there’s no doubt our government and many others love it and have taken full advantage of the crisis.

It’s a scary time in the modern world.

“The court reasoned that if the government continues to pay a company despite fraudulent activity, then the fraud is not “material” to the contract.”

I feel for Earl. This is a terrible blow to the world itself. Dramatic I know but we need more excitement and joy and small things add up. I was very excited to see earl play and I really felt like he was going to turn it on full blast. A tear drops my eye

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I can't imagine how Earl is going to stay locked in a hotel room for 10 days? He runs 5+ miles every day and never stops moving. He probably hasn't been away from a pool table for that long in 50 years.

bmeek

Registered
I can't imagine how Earl is going to stay locked in a hotel room for 10 days? He runs 5+ miles every day and never stops moving. He probably hasn't been away from a pool table for that long in 50 years.
Absolutely, and might be more compelling viewing than a Mosconi beatdown. I'd go crazy within 48 hours knowing I'm stuck there while my team is playing without me.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish Americans would stop shooting themselves in the foot. Here's the latest from Earl. I understand he is bummed out. I get that totally. In fact, my other half, Keith, is definitely on Earl's side about this whole issue, though my other half has had both his vaccines and will get his booster this month.

My question is why is Earl the only Mosconi Cup player who did not get vaccinated? Should Matchroom have ensured all players were vaccinated? Is it their responsibility or Earl's? I don't know how he boarded an airplane for international flight without a vaccination card. It's baffling. If he chooses not to be vaccinated, of course, that's his right, but if he travels internationally, will be on a plane with someone who tested positive, then he has to pay the consequences. It sucks for everyone involved. I'm still pulling for Team USA.

View attachment 618967
This man speaks alot of truth.

Matchroom should take care of Earl.. you know dam well his name puts assess in the seats.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Have you ever typed something, then decided not to post it, and even if you delete it it shows back up every time you open a thread?

Well I have. And so I’m making this pointless post to wipe the slate clean on my reply box.

I hope earl still gets to play. I read a post in here that his quarantine would be over on the last day of play. I’d love to see him get at least one chance to do his thing

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've said it before on the Azb, but this whole covid thing is an incredibly interesting thing, as far as societal behaviors go.

Societal responsibility...individual rights...strange bedfellows.

Let's thank God covid isn't wiping out whole towns and let's have a real conversation about how we will react, should a real killer virus be seen in the future.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you ever typed something, then decided not to post it, and even if you delete it it shows back up every time you open a thread?

Well I have. And so I’m making this pointless post to wipe the slate clean on my reply box.

I hope earl still gets to play. I read a post in here that his quarantine would be over on the last day of play. I’d love to see him get at least one chance to do his thing
Yeah. That shit is pissing me off too. Select all/ delete...and then delete some more, wtf?!

As the wise man says: if you don't tllike the things I say, you REALLY wouldn't like the things I choose to not say.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today. Uk government site
They've changed over the last 10 days or so. Previously you just had to fill out/link the contact trace and if someone on the flight tested pos. then you had to isolate. Looks like they've tightened up due to omicron.