Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good god he's strong. I look forward to the straight pool experts giving analysis on that break shot and how he should have hit it differently to not scratch. When posted, please also include your personal high run. LOL.

Well I don't know how he could have hit it differently. But seeing as how it went straight into the pocket, I'm assuming there's a way he could have hit it to avoid the scratch.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Good god he's strong. I look forward to the straight pool experts giving analysis on that break shot and how he should have hit it differently to not scratch. When posted, please also include your personal high run. LOL.

I’m so far from an expert, but my gut feeling when the cue ball and break ball are so close to the pack, even rail side of parallel, is that I have too little information to risk running through with steam, particularly when this table breaks so easily.

But I’m just a dude, so I’m sure my “too little information” is pure inexperience.

EDIT: Also, if I was on 22 racks my head would be scrambled eggs, so I’d probably have my jump cue in my hand or something 🤣

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
well i predicted he would run 350+ if he stays for one week. seeing how super easy this is to Jayson I predict we will see 400+.
I imagine the next stop for Jayson will be Derby City which starts a week from today on the 21st. Do we know when this set of attempts will end?

If he can put in five full days, I think 400+ is very likely.

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member
Bobby told me that one night at dinner he mentioned a few principles of good 14.1 pattern play to Earl.

It was stuff that Earl clearly was not demonstrating during his run attempts. Bobby said Earl listened and then said: I know all that stuff.

Lou Figueroa

Does Bobby still practice or play at all?

I don’t think people know how good of a player he was/is.

SlateMan

Registered

Expert.jpg

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
So now we have a little perspective let's say we locked Steve Mizerak in a room with this table in 1973 and said "run 650." Or Rempe, Sigel, Varner, Martin, Hopkins, West, etc. in their respective primes. I picked the Miz because he quadruple (!) dipped the 14.1 US Open in the 70s which is insane.

Anyone think a 1970s Miz couldn't run over 526 or 626 if you gave him enough time and Miller Lites on soft equipment?

Yes, I know the cloth was different and there's unavoidable problems with the comparison. That's not my point. The point I'm more driving at is that 526 stood for so long because there wasn't much interest in beating it.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy, it's a FORUM. Personally, I enjoy reading what other members on here have to say about these runs (be it critiques or praise). Please don't take it so personal. Similarly, many of us also enjoy talking about football every Monday at work; it's fun. If we criticize a coach's decision or a QB throw, we're not implying we could do any better personally. If the critiques really bother you that bad, just breeze by them, but please don't discourage other from posting their thoughts and opinions.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So now we have a little perspective let's say we locked Steve Mizerak in a room with this table in 1973 and said "run 650." Or Rempe, Sigel, Varner, Martin, Hopkins, West, etc. in their respective primes. I picked the Miz because he quadruple (!) dipped the 14.1 US Open in the 70s which is insane.

Anyone think a 1970s Miz couldn't run over 526 or 626 if you gave him enough time and Miller Lites on soft equipment?

Yes, I know the cloth was different and there's unavoidable problems with the comparison. That's not my point.
Yes, I think that he "could" esp the slimmer Steve in 1970s. I think most of the names that you mentioned "could" do it- and a few others as well- just that no one was that interested back then to put on these types of exhibitions.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Buddy, it's a FORUM. Personally, I enjoy reading what other members on here have to say about these runs (be it critiques or praise). Please don't take it so personal. Similarly, many of us also enjoy talking about football every Monday at work; it's fun. If we criticize a coach's decision or a QB throw, we're not implying we could do any better personally. If the critiques really bother you that bad, just breeze by them, but please don't discourage other from posting their thoughts and
Exactly, and his double edged request actually prompted me to post my thoughts because it also means I might get feedback on my own perspective. Learning opportunities all around.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Yes, I know the cloth was different and there's unavoidable problems with the comparison. That's not my point. The point I'm more driving at is that 526 stood for so long because there wasn't much interest in beating it.
Bingo... No incentive so why bother.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Those guys were a different breed for sure. I used to watch Sigel and Rempe play a lot (lived relatively close to both). The intensity they played with was unparalleled. Rempe would be beating someone 10-0 and if his opponent was at the table, Jim would be sitting bolt upright in his chair staring trancelike at the table and opponent. He had this expression like he was offended someone is making any balls against him at all. Good guy too, gave me lots of advice here and there.

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy, it's a FORUM. Personally, I enjoy reading what other members on here have to say about these runs (be it critiques or praise). Please don't take it so personal. Similarly, many of us also enjoy talking about football every Monday at work; it's fun. If we criticize a coach's decision or a QB throw, we're not implying we could do any better personally. If the critiques really bother you that bad, just breeze by them, but please don't discourage other from posting their thoughts and opinions.
Buddy, I was just having fun on the forum. No personal offense taken at all. Hopefully, my post did not deter anyone from posting their thoughts. I'm enjoying watching, and of course, enjoy the opinions of others that are much better than me! (Which is not hard to be...)

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If playing like Shaw is wrong then I don't want to be right.
I believe this event will raise Jason's stock value quite a bit in terms of endorsements and notoriety. This guy can dominate at any game he wants to. I was just trying to decided what kind of handicap I would need from Jason in 14.1 to gamble. What depressing thoughts those were. I'm embarrassed to even say what I think would be fair.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys I havent heard back from anyone and to be honest as you all know ive been really busy the past week. Others have said they heard also so hopefully someone finds out. Im sure it wasnt a 12 year ol though. So anyways how are you all enjoying the event so far?
Loving it!!