Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Based on this photo, enlarging this photo, and then taking some measurements, I could buy that this is a 5-1/4” mouth and a 4-3/4” throat. However, this is clearly not parallel 135° pocket facing angles, but more like 138°-139°. Can we at least agree to that?
I'll agree to an extent, provided you can name ONE single table manufacturer that produced pocket miters like this.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
This is hysterical. That table the old guys (Willie especially) played on forever years ago had pockets at least this big or bigger. Players today aren't as good, give me a break, what a joke... Everyone wants to hang on to sh!t, mostly because if you let go, it's like letting go a piece of yourself because it was part of "your time" or whatever... Just quit it man.
when this nonsense was vomited out here during Earl's try, yeah yeah ok, the man pissed off a lot of people ok, I get it... but after Shaw please!
NOT GOOD ENOUGH... delusional!
Would have loved to have seen what Shaw could have ran on today's equipment!!!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are YOU blind? Yes the balls are frozen together, but they have gaps between the balls and the facings, right? The balls are clear INSIDE the jaws of the pocket, right? If the throat of the pocket was 4 1/2' the balls would not only be touching each other, they'd be touching both sides of the pocket as well, RIGHT? If you moved those balls out to the jaws of the pocket, splitting the balls in half, the mouth of that pocket is definitely wider than 5" as well.
The centerline of those balls are not sitting on the throat. The back edge of the balls, roughly at the slate dropoff point, is where the throat is accurately measured at. Tell me I’m wrong?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
This is hysterical. That table the old guys (Willie especially) played on forever years ago had pockets at least this big or bigger. Players today aren't as good, give me a break, what a joke... Everyone wants to hang on to sh!t, mostly because if you let go, it's like letting go a piece of yourself because it was part of "your time" or whatever... Just quit it man.
when this nonsense was vomited out here during Earl's try, yeah yeah ok, the man pissed off a lot of people ok, I get it... but after Shaw please!
NOT GOOD ENOUGH... delusional!
You need to reread!!! I know Shaw is a beast, so why the need to help him break the high run record with a gaffe table?????

dendweller

Here's a screen capture:

lNuegvW.png
Those look like more normal gc pockets than the first picture, which makes the facings look parallel

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally, a thoughtful and positive post. If this could be your last word regarding this topic, you might actually have a shot at regaining some semblance of respect on this forum, not that you care.

I don't think anyone disputes RKC's skills on doing table work. Many here have experienced his work up close and personal. His antics here at times do not serve him well and would be enough for some to never allow him near their tables or business. His abilities are top notch. Even a "troll" like me knows that.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You measure a pocket opening from point to point, not from inside the pocket from one side to the other, learn something! The screen shot just posted shows a pocket opening to be from 5 1/4" to 5 1/2" wide at the mouth, not 5".
Bullsh*t! You are a nit!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The centerline of those balls are not sitting on the throat. The back edge of the balls, roughly at the slate dropoff point, is where the throat is accurately measured at. Tell me I’m wrong?
The throat is measured at the drop off point of the balls, if they're not locking up against each other at that point, its because the throat is wider than 4 1/2"

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The throat is measured at the drop off point of the balls, if they're not locking up against each other at that point, its because the throat is wider than 4 1/2"

Seems like only you care?

But I will say this, huge pockets only play a role in the pocketing of the balls, and has nothing to do with breaking out the rack, having a shot after breaking the rack, avoiding scratching on the break, which is much easier to happen. Huge pockets have no bearing on focus, determination, and the confidence to believe you can keep pocketing balls without missing. To be fair, Jayson did all that and ran 714 balls, congratulations. Problem now is, unless played on this specific table, or a table mirrored to this table, any attempts to try and compete and challenge the high run record are going to much harder to achieve without the help of THIS table, so what you have here is an exclusive playground, a one of a kind.

A playground that you and your friends are not invited to.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Splitting the points of the pockets on this Diamond with the balls, still leaves about an 1/8"th gap between the balls, that makes this PRO CUT pocket 4 5/8"ths, not 4 1/2" ProCut.
img20220119_124412.jpg

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, drop off point meaning the point at which the balls fall into the pocket which means the centerline of the balls. In that photo, the very back edge of the 2 balls are even with the drop off point. Unless those 2 balls are moved back another half a ball’s width to the dropoff point, it’s hard to tell from the photo what the exact throat measurement would be.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes, drop off point meaning the point at which the balls fall into the pocket which means the centerline of the balls. In that photo, the very back edge of the 2 balls are even with the drop off point. Unless those 2 balls are moved back another half a ball’s width to the dropoff point, it’s hard to tell from the photo what the exact throat measurement would be.
Much easier to visualize it if you take the ball gap to facing on the closer side, and move it to the other side increasing the gap from the ball to that facing.

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While this back and forth personally gets a little frustrating, and I should just tune out...I will say it's been good for one thing. I now know why I cannot run 100's of balls. My pockets are too tight!!!! (No chance of being able to move those balls back to the ledge, as far back as I can get them!

Attachments

• tight pockets.jpg
    tight pockets.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 55

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While this back and forth personally gets a little frustrating, and I should just tune out...I will say it's been good for one thing. I now know why I cannot run 100's of balls. My pockets are too tight!!!! (No chance of being able to move those balls back to the ledge, as far back as I can get them!
Yep, that’s a 4-1/2” pocket, comparable to a diamond tour cut. If someone altered them to that size, it looks like a very professional job!

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, that’s a 4-1/2” pocket, comparable to a diamond tour cut. If someone altered them to that size, it looks like a very professional job!

Yep, I asked to make them nice like a diamond. I've always felt that practice on the tight pocket is the way to go. Either you are used to what you run into when it matters, or they are more forgiving and it feels easy!

For the record, I'm in the Seattle area, and did not use the services of a frequent poster here! :)