Statement from The Legends of Pocket Billiards

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
it doesnt matter what size the pockets were. as the table wasnt tournament sized pockets with correct opening and angles.

the record is real at 714 balls ran on a nine foot pool table.
but should be recognized solely for that.

at some point a player will run more on a tournament table built to tournament specs. as played in major tournaments. then that run will be an official worlds record. and the one to beat.

this was a great run nothing to be taken away from that, but with a specially set up table and same with the other 626 run, leads an opening for someone to run more on a much easier table with any size pockets, angles, balls or whatever, and would have the same claim as there was no standard in it..

telinoz

Registered
Just to clarify: Bobby does not speak for me.

When I took this on he told me I have a completely free hand here, it’s one of the reasons I took this gig : -)

If you had kept up with the discussion you’d know but you preferred to just drop in — that’s fine, but moves like that are another reason there are problems with pool — people shooting off their mouths without knowing what they’re talking about.

Lou Figueroa
just sayin’
What I said is perfectly reasonable, to a reasonable person.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
OK, nice attempt at a recovery. If Ernesto was to make any mistake at all, likely only because he works himself to exhaustion, he absolutely will insist on fixing it. He knows how high my standards are, which is why I fly him 3000 miles across the country and I won’t allow anyone else to touch our tables.
Like I said, I really do like Ernesto, but as a expert table mechanic, I just don't happen to agree with the way he does certain work, not when there's better, more accurate, and simpler ways to perform the same tasks, which overall produce a better outcome.

Years back, I helped move some of the tables for the Broken Rack pool hall to their new location in Emeryville. I had my box truck, Ernesto had his small car, and the room owner had a bunch of help. I brought a 9ft Diamond ProAm to install there, but decided to help them move some of their tables as well, before I changed the cloth on the table I was delivering and the 9ft ProAm the location already owned. So, using my truck I moved their 9ft Diamond, 10' billiard table, and their 6'×12' snooker table. Then, after that I got started recovering the 2 Diamonds while Ernesto took all the rails off the Olhausen 9fts, I think 21 of them. He brought all the rails over to a couple of tables near where I was working so he could drill out the rail bolts he had to cut off because the T-nuts were spinning inside the rails. I was watching him as he was drilling out the bolt stud, far enough down so he could screw a nut plate to the bottom of the rails so a rail bolt could then be used to bolt the rails down. Out of curiosity I went over and asked Ernesto what he was doing, so he explained it to me, and told me he had 51 rail bolts he had to cut off to get all the rails off🤔

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I said, I really do like Ernesto, but as a expert table mechanic, I just don't happen to agree with the way he does certain work, not when there's better, more accurate, and simpler ways to perform the same tasks, which overall produce a better outcome.

Years back, I helped move some of the tables for the Broken Rack pool hall to their new location in Emeryville. I had my box truck, Ernesto had his small car, and the room owner had a bunch of help. I brought a 9ft Diamond ProAm to install there, but decided to help them move some of their tables as well, before I changed the cloth on the table I was delivering and the 9ft ProAm the location already owned. So, using my truck I moved their 9ft Diamond, 10' billiard table, and their 6'×12' snooker table. Then, after that I got started recovering the 2 Diamonds while Ernesto took all the rails off the Olhausen 9fts, I think 21 of them. He brought all the rails over to a couple of tables near where I was working so he could drill out the rail bolts he had to cut off because the T-nuts were spinning inside the rails. I was watching him as he was drilling out the bolt stud, far enough down so he could screw a nut plate to the bottom of the rails so a rail bolt could then be used to bolt the rails down. Out of curiosity I went over and asked Ernesto what he was doing, so he explained it to me, and told me he had 51 rail bolts he had to cut off to get all the rails off🤔
Is that the end of your story or are you fixing to tell us there was an easier way to do it? And of course you are saying there has never been anything over the years regarding pool tables you have ever learned from Ernesto, only stuff he has learned from you.

We have a few customers that remind me of you and visa versa – they never get tired of hearing themselves talking as an expert on every subject. If you try to get roped in to any kind of debate with them, you simply cannot win.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m just a new guy with no access to anything or anybody. Ignorance is bliss. What’s funny is watching people try and make $ in the pool world.

Sad state of affairs
Fatboy🤠

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
So, if I was invited to run balls on a table that was eligible for a world record, and I thought I had a chance of doing it, one of my first questions would be, “Before I spend the next x number of days/weeks bent over this table, can you guarantee me that this table meets the standards the BCA uses when they verify the run?”

I don’t know Jayson. Am I wrong to assume he would make similar enquiries?

EDIT: Because pretty much all the people accusing Legends of shenanigans have at some point qualified their statements with something like, “It’s not Jayson’s fault. He deserves better.”

It seems to me that Jayson knows those pockets just about better than anyone. It also seems to me that he’s pretty happy to claim the new word record.

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
understood, however, the point is what's the "RIGHT" thing to do

i don't see merit in compounding "WRONG", i don't think you do either

Sincerely, adam

i apologize for my post if specs/details have been made available

can you supply a link to the above referenced data

THANKS

If this detail is available on AZB, why not post a link which should end pushback

i'm trying to be part of the solution , not part of the problem

i searched for a while to no avail, i'll now solicit the info i seek from the members at large

Also, does anyone have any idea how attempts JS made before he landed this monster?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I asked Ernesto if he'd be interested in learning a whole lot easier way to fix all those rail bolts 10× faster than he was doing, he looked at all the rails and said yes. So, we went for a ride to home depot and bought a box of T-nuts, and 1" popular wood dowels. Then used a 7/8" hole saw, put a 3/4' piece of plywood on the bottom of the rails, 1" hole centered around the cut off rail bolt, clamped it in place. Then used the 7/8" hole saw to drill down 3/4" and removed the plug, bolt, and T-nut in one piece. Took the 1" dowel, cut it in 1" lengths, center drilled it, mounted a new T-nut, inserted it on the plug hole we drilled out, glued it in, pin nailed it in place, then used a pull saw to cut the dowel flush to the bottom of the rail, fixed!

Ernesto smiled and took over fixing the rest of the screwed up rail bolts.

So, no, I don't have a problem with Ernesto, like I said, I like him, and wouldn't mind spending more time with him, but were BOTH getting old as hell, so we're running out of time.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
SVB, Earl and Ruslan already made attempts before Jayson on the same table (and their numbers did not compare).

Have they made any comment about the tables, and/or congratulated Jayson publicly?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you think you’re going to get a straightforward answer on that simple question, you haven’t been keeping up with this thread for the last 4 days since it started.

I know how he operates.

Double talk.

I have worked with plenty of people like him.

We had a fuel spill here that has, so far, cost over $250M and the costs are rapidly rising.

Fuel leaked into the main aquifer supplying drinking water to the military housing areas surrounding Pearl Harbor.

You can't count the number of Admirals, civilian military Secretaries, and their PAOs tap dancing and speaking double talk.

FWIW, I know the whistleblower and everybody involved in the whole scenario.

The Navy initially denied reports of the leak, saying the water was safe to drink. Shortly after, military families and residents began reporting a strong smell of fuel in their water. More than 5,000 people reported illnesses, and many families reported that pets had fallen ill or died. Later tests showed contamination that was 350 times above safe drinking levels. The Navy later confirmed the leak, temporarily closed the facility and relocated affected service members to temporary housing — but not civilians affected.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this detail is available on AZB, why not post a link which should end pushback

i'm trying to be part of the solution , not part of the problem

i searched for a while to no avail, i'll now solicit the info i seek from the members at large

Also, does anyone have any idea how attempts JS made before he landed this monster?
There are no details because they haven’t been released. Early on there was one photo of a corner pocket with a caliper up to what was an attempt to sell to us to be the mouth of the pocket, reading 4.95 inches. That could not be confirmed as an accurate mouth measurement to those of us wise enough to realize it, due to the angle the photo was taken from.

I believe after the record run, an overhead screenshot of a corner pocket with two balls sitting inside the mouth was released I believe by Jayson, I’m sure very much against the wishes of the organizers. Based on that photo it’s quite obvious the pocket mouth is closer to 5-1/4 inches than to 5 inches. Otherwise, it’s being kept a tightly held secret.

As to the number of attempts for Jayson, I’m guessing a few hundred over the 5 to 6 days, but a majority of those were less than 50 ball runs. He did have numerous runs over 200, a few runs over 300 including one close to 400, which he accomplished in the early portions of his last marathon session.

Last edited:

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
I know how he operates.

Double talk.

I have worked with plenty of people like him.

We had a fuel spill here that has, so far, cost over $250M and the costs are rapidly rising.

Fuel leaked into the main aquifer supplying drinking water to the military housing areas surrounding Pearl Harbor.

You can't count the number of Admirals, civilian military Secretaries, and their PAOs tap dancing and speaking double talk.

FWIW, I know the whistleblower and everybody involved in the whole scenario.

Man, just like with Hu’s nuclear plant, the best part of AZB is when you get a glimpse into the wild world of some members’ non-pool related lives.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Wouldn't you, if you got paid
So, if I was invited to run balls on a table that was eligible for a world record, and I thought I had a chance of doing it, one of my first questions would be, “Before I spend the next x number of days/weeks bent over this table, can you guarantee me that this table meets the standards the BCA uses when they verify the run?”

I don’t know Jayson. Am I wrong to assume he would make similar enquiries?

EDIT: Because pretty much all the people accusing Legends of shenanigans have at some point qualified their statements with something like, “It’s not Jayson’s fault. He deserves better.”

It seems to me that Jayson knows those pockets just about better than anyone. It also seems to me that he’s pretty happy to claim the new word record.
Is that the end of your story or are you fixing to tell us there was an easier way to do it? And of course you are saying there has never been anything over the years regarding pool tables you have ever learned from Ernesto, only stuff he has learned from you.

We have a few customers that remind me of you and visa versa – they never get tired of hearing themselves talking as an expert on every subject. If you try to get roped in to any kind of debate with them, you simply cannot win.
Actually no, I haven't learned anything from Ernesto over the years, no need to, but if it would make you happy, I guess I could learn to be nice to people like Ernesto is, and is know for, but then again, I don't care to be nice to assh&%#s there's a ton of nice people out there wanting my services as it is, so nice.....naaaa, I don't think so😅

realkingcobra

Silver Member
SVB, Earl and Ruslan already made attempts before Jayson on the same table (and their numbers did not compare).

Have they made any comment about the tables, and/or congratulated Jayson publicly?
Ruslan hardly played, posted 2 266 high runs and had to go. SvB don't hardly ever play 14.1. For what its worth, the difference between Jayson running racks, and Ruslan, could only be described as Ruslan runs the racks so smooth its almost like sleepwalking. Do you think he's given it 100% effort yet? What did he play, 1 day, maybe 2?

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Ruslan hardly played, posted 2 266 high runs and had to go. SvB don't hardly ever play 14.1. For what its worth, the difference between Jayson running racks, and Ruslan, could only be described as Ruslan runs the racks so smooth its almost like sleepwalking. Do you think he's given it 100% effort yet? What did he play, 1 day, maybe 2?
SvB "don't hardly ever play 14.1" --> And Jayson does?

My question about whether SVB, Earl or Ruslan has commented on either the table or Jayson's record still stands.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Wasn't everyone expecting

Earl to run 700-800+ because he's ran 408 and 480 before, right! What Earl and SVB, and Jayson to begin with, if you approach 14.1 playing your 9B game, don't expect to get very far! Jayson changed his approach 100% from playing 14.1 from a 9B players point of view, to that of a 14.1 player, and when he did that, guess what happened.....714!

I'll tell you something else as well, Jayson Shaw will never enter another 14.1 event starting out playing like he started out playing in this high run event, if anything, he'll start out where he left off, you can take that to the bank!!

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Wasn't everyone expecting
Earl to run 700-800+ because he's ran 408 and 480 before, right! What Earl and SVB, and Jayson to begin with, if you approach 14.1 playing your 9B game, don't expect to get very far! Jayson changed his approach 100% from playing 14.1 from a 9B players point of view, to that of a 14.1 player, and when he did that, guess what happened.....714!

I'll tell you something else as well, Jayson Shaw will never enter another 14.1 event starting out playing like he started out playing in this high run event, if anything, he'll start out where he left off, you can take that to the bank!!
Has nothing to do with what I wrote, but, okay?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
If Shaw didn’t play another rack of 14.1 for a few years then started this high run thing again he’d probably start out the same way he did this time. Then as he got back into it he’d get in 14.1 stroke again.

I know the knowledge doesn’t totally go away but it will move to cold storage when not in use. That’s with anything.

I believe the pearl, for what it’s worth. Rock on