Pool Ball Weights

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Wow, heavy-ass balls on burlap slow cloth. Think those boys back in the day didn't have a stroke?? No wonder the cues were stiff, thick butt battering rams.
Yep, but, BUT zar.... the Willie Hoppe Handle was Too Much handle, to Handle. Was pretty to look at, but I'd of rather had a new $80 Rambow.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Aramith Red Circle is there; third from the left. 167g. FWIW, I hate the way the red circle plays.
Thx, I never knew sets came with this Red Circle stock.
I grew up with the Blue Circle Centennial sets from the Chicago area.
Saw the red circle first time, at Gradys place in CO mid 70's.
Bob Osbourne brought one to the pool room, tried to talk Matthews into a match using ''this'' cue ball.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thx, I never knew sets came with this Red Circle stock.
I grew up with the Blue Circle Centennial sets from the Chicago area.
Saw the red circle first time, at Gradys place in CO mid 70's.
Bob Osbourne brought one to the pool room, tried to talk Matthews into a match using ''this'' cue ball.
AFAIK no sets ever came with the RC cueball. It was always a separate item.

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just received a brand new Bronze set and on my scale .01g all balls are within .6 g of difference except for one ball at 1.4g of difference, the middle number is 168.7g , I will measure that and coming back with results, I'm really satisfied great great deal!

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Measuring all Bronze balls with a top micrometer, all the balls are within .002 mill. except the 6 ball .004 mill. smaller and 1.4g also lighter, the middle dimension is 51.17mm, very very good!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Measuring all Bronze balls with a top micrometer, all the balls are within .002 mill. except the 6 ball .004 mill. smaller and 1.4g also lighter, the middle dimension is 51.17mm, very very good!
For clarification, does .002 mill. = .002mm?

Did you measure different parts of the balls? On brand new sets of Aramith Super Pro, for a stripe, the white part of the ball was larger than the colored part, and the number of the ball was larger than both. By about .0005" [.01mm]

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For clarification, does .002 mill. = .002mm?

Did you measure different parts of the balls? On brand new sets of Aramith Super Pro, for a stripe, the white part of the ball was larger than the colored part, and the number of the ball was larger than both. By about .0005" [.01mm]
0.002 mill of inch or 0.05millimeter, I measured in 2 ways like you said and no more than 0.02millimeter or less, this is nothing. Here bars are still closed and poolroom, at the opening I will measure an Arco2 brand new set just to know...

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
0.002 mill of inch or 0.05millimeter, I measured in 2 ways like you said and no more than 0.02millimeter or less, this is nothing. Here bars are still closed and poolroom, at the opening I will measure an Arco2 brand new set just to know...
Are you an electronics guy? They use the term "mill" for .001". :)

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bars and pool rooms still closed. Where's that?

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I read that if you took a billiard ball and expanded it to be the same size as the earth it would have deeper craters and higher mountains and not be as round

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Specifications from Amamith
Reading the Aramith specs is confusing. The Tournament set talks about 4th generation resin and how great these balls are, then you read the Pro Set has the highest quality resin available, one might think its better.