Sold FS: Brand New Unchalked Paul Mottey Ebony Hoppe Cue

Sold Item

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
276   0   1
:cautious: This makes me sad. I've done deals with both of these guys and they both treated me with honesty and respect.
I'm very surprised at this turn of events. Once again. :cautious:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It was, I reclaimed it and sawed it myself. There is still a garage in NY with several thousand squares of it in a garage that I own, as well. Luckily I will never need to sell him any of that either. I need kindling before your circle gets any. 😅
I have no need for any of your stuff.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I hope that disclosing that the cue is not in your possession gets added to the rules here. Mods, before you delete everything here, please consider that.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I do not think it was appropriate for the seller to change the ad after the cue was sold.

Looks to be "shady", whether it was or not.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
Me too, Ron, but in this case, I didn't know this was a third-party deal until after I had paid....I never thought to ask. I assume every seller here has the item that he or she is listing......
Joe, you were deceived. Sometimes it is what people don't say is what gets you.

jmonche

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   1
Hey, Ron, let me help you out on that one....for starters, here is the original ad:

Exhibit1_2022-02-18 at 5.17.43 PM.png

And here is the ad right after the sale had been completed. I had gone back into AZ to see if he had marked the cue as sold and that's when I noticed the change about the wrap. There was no talk of a refund at this point. I called him to ask about the change in the ad and THAT IS WHEN I found out that the cue was in Delaware or Pennsylvania......none of this smelled good so he offered a refund and proceeded to play the honorable AZ citizen and pass me off as an old kook. These screenshots don't lie.

Exhibit2_ 2022-02-18 at 6.12.36 PM.png

Last edited:

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
This cue is a rare exception in that it is not in my possession for the sale and I don't think it's such a big deal at all I have complete Trust and confidence in my friend who has it and in my opinion most important of all is that whoever would be interested in this Q is covered in a lot of different ways not the least of which

Tell me ron, where was the deceipt? Be specific because thats a hell of an accusation you are making
You should have let people know you did not have the cue in your possession. It is what you did not say that was the deceipt.

jmonche

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   1
Hey, Ron, don't let him suck you into this.....that's nice of you to weigh in, but this guy is a crafty and intelligent BS artist and will always fight for the last word. He punches low as well, just skim through the thread....my advice, just walk away.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
Hey, Ron, don't let him suck you into this.....that's nice of you to weigh in, but this guy is a crafty and intelligent BS artist and will always fight for the last word. He punches low as well, just skim through the thread....my advice, just walk away.
Ok Joe. Enough said. I don't feel like arguing with him.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Shame this happened and that it turned "personal" between a couple of good guys,

Did ya'll consider lowering the price so Joe could get the cue wrapped with lizard?

Food for thought...

jmonche

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   1
Shame this happened and that it turned "personal" between a couple of good guys,

Did ya'll consider lowering the price so Joe could get the cue wrapped with lizard?

Food for thought...
Hey, Adam, sorry to ruin your Saturday, but it's all good. Refund has been sent as he offered and promised. Now if the moderators could make this thread go away, they would be doing everyone a favor. I am too old to continue this fight. I am going to need to double up on my blood-pressure meds if this goes on.....hope all is well with you.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Hey, Adam, sorry to ruin your Saturday, but it's all good. Refund has been sent as he offered and promised. Now if the moderators could make this thread go away, they would be doing everyone a favor. I am too old to continue this fight. I am going to need to double up on my blood-pressure meds if this goes on.....hope all is well with you.

this cue thing is a hobby/game which fills in the empty spaces for most of us, shame it causes stress on occasion

Stay healthy!!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
Hey, Ron, let me help you out on that one....for starters, here is the original ad:

View attachment 629948

And here is the ad right after the sale had been completed. I had gone back into AZ to see if he had marked the cue as sold and that's when I noticed the change about the wrap. There was no talk of a refund at this point. I called him to ask about the change in the ad and THAT IS WHEN I found out that the cue was in Delaware or Pennsylvania......none of this smelled good so he offered a refund and proceeded to play the honorable AZ citizen and pass me off as an old kook. These screenshots don't lie.

View attachment 629950
Joe;

You keep referring to (and posting screenshots of) the change I made to the description of the ad regarding the wrap as if this were evidence of me being sneaky or deceptive or wrongdoing of any type. For about the 10th time now, that update was done ***AFTER*** I informed you that I discovered it was lizard print leather as opposed to lizard skin when we were checking the seam that you requested I do. Your response was that as long as it was done well then it's fine. So ***AFTER*** all that and while marking the cue sold which you also requested I do, I updated the wrap description for accuracy, nothing more, nothing less, no sneaky no shifty no shady (all of which you've referred to me as being). Is this what you're interpreting as me being deceptive and sneaky?

I think you and maybe one or two others on here are either very confused over what deceptive practices really are...or maybe you're just snowflakes.

Either way, I've never wronged anyone and in this latest and final version of our attempts at doing business, I did everything just as I said I would including offering and sending you a full refund.

And on top of all this nonsense, the cue at the center of this debate is a brand new, straight, unchalked, beautiful Paul Mottey from 1998 with full shafts and ivory ferrules that was bought directly from Paul just a year or two ago. Some deception, eh?

One more thing, after your decision to try to discredit me here over nothing because you're a nervous, confused, whiny, pain in the ass, you then have the nerve to say that you would like the mods to take this thread down. I say please mods DO NOT take this down. I have nothing whatsoever to hide about how I've conducted myself. And FTR, yes, I did swear at you during our next to last call as you were referring to me as dishonest, shifty, sneaky, etc and I'd do it again

What a colossal waste of time.

SELLERS Beware!

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

jmonche

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   1
Why don't you just accept the fact that you were caught red-handed and move on with your life, rather than acting like a sociopath? .....I regret that I had to expose you. I really, sincerely do. It's not my style, but you had left me no choice.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
Why don't you just accept the fact that you were caught red-handed and move on with your life, rather than acting like a sociopath? .....I regret that I had to expose you. I really, sincerely do. It's not my style, but you had left me no choice.
Joe,

Didn't you say you were leaving quietly on the previous page? Remember? Giving me the last word and all that?

Just because you keep saying that you caught me red handed doesn't make it true. Give the people reading this a little credit. You can't sell this bullshit You didn't catch me doing anything red handed. Go back and re read what I've written about the ad edit. You'll have to step over at least three dead horses getting there.

People should be getting a pretty good idea of what they're getting into when considering doing business with you no matter how much profit is involved it may not be enough.

I have a life outside of azb and I'm not the interbet warrior type so have fun.