New Here? - Introduce Yourself

Guy Manges

Registered
I am new here from Hot Springs Village, Arkansas the greatest place on earth. I play golf 4 days a week, fish two days a week, play pool one night a week. Largest gated community in the world and lowest cost of living i am sure.
Smart elick... Hot Springs when I was young was heaven... Guy

Sroberge518

Hi Folks! My name's Sam, new here and part of the younger generation. 35 years old and currently shooting where I grew up in Schenectady, NY mostly at Golden Cue (until it closes) and my barn. Spent a good amount of time shooting and living in Buffalo NY in the Hippodrome with some of the old legends that are still kicking around there. Joined on here to buy a cue but glad to be a part of the forum!

TipWilson

Retired guy in my early 60s. Getting back into shooting pool. Been about 20 years since I last played.

Back in the 70s, being a Military brat, played thousands of hours at the AFB youth centers. Favorite was a little hole in the wall joint in Lakeland Georgia

Now Playing mostly at Hard Times and Corner Pocket in Sacramento California.

Using a Predator Sneakypete with uniloc gen1 Z shaft purchased back around 2000. Ordered a Jacoby carbon shaft to try.

Background in IT for 35+ years. Also enjoy shooting targets at the range.

jonCgull

New to the forum. Originally from Hamilton, Ohio, but I've been in Indianapolis since the early 90's. Fortune enough to be retiring, so that means downsizing and getting rid of my favorite table. Brunswick Monticello, Pro 8 ft. Came here to get more details on the exact version I have, and hopefully sell it to someone who loves playing pool as much as I do.

I’m new here I’m an avid average pool player from Chicago born and Raised in The Pilsen area/ Neighborhood lower west side been playing on and off for about 30 years and love it I’m also a Heart transplant recipient and my health diminished my game so now I’m just trying to get my stroke back

Soma

Hi, my name is Soma. I played pool some years ago when I was young and now I'm back. I really love this game.

I started playing around 14-15. My parents owned a pool hall. After high school I only played on and off. I now have a new house and my own pool table so I’m hoping to get back to playing more regularly

Nccm

Registered
My name is Dan Flemming from Lake City, Florida.
I'm known as The Blind Squirrel.

I was a Steel & Misc. Detailer since '96, now retired.

I shoot pretty good, and love the game.
I play everyday at home (mostly play 15 ball rotation like 10 ball).
I also play The Ghost races to 11, 9 ball (every now & then I play races to 7).

I started playing pool in High Springs Fl. at Red's Pool Hall back in the 60's (no longer there).
Played Snooker for 3 years before trying 9 ball (9 ball was too easy).
I mostly play 8, 9 & 10 ball now.
I love 10 ball, but NOT "slop" 10 ball like all these tournaments in Fl these days, so I don't play in them.

I'm an inventor of 25 unique billiards products (most are already prototypes, awaiting "money" investor's to continue).
I've already wrote my website, created the shopping cart, and trying to get my T-Shirt designer working (bought one, can't get it to work, gave up on it).
I bought a 3D printer to create prototypes of my products (modeled & printed them).
I have 315 of my inventions I carry with me when I go to shoot pool (many are color variations of a few products).

I'm also a newbie at write Android Cell Phone Apps for pool.
I have 3 working apps (50+ others I wrote to help learn what was needed for those 3).

One is about ready for Google Play (just need the rules for Ring Games to finish up).
2 others are still in development (freak'n hard to write being a newbie).

Hello everybody!
BS
Hello
by chance did you play any pool in Lake City in the 1960s? My Dad and uncle are from LC and both played there

Benelli

Howdy JL, I'm located in KCMO. Played a lot of pool when I was in college, got the nickname Thumper because I would bounce my cue impatiently when waiting for my turn to shoot. Stopped playing when I moved to the UK and snooker confused the hell out of me, and at the time watching it on TV honestly sucked...

Decided I wanted a table two weeks ago so I unmercilessly stalked FB Marketplace and found a 94 AE Schmidt 9ft'er for $200. It cost three times that to move it, but I have loved every moment since getting it home. The bumpers are as dead as can be and felt is well past its prime but once I fix those two problems I will have one hell of a home table.

Joined the forum to learn from the collective hive mind here and get a little better at the sport!

Kickshotkevin

hi all. been playing off and on since the seventies. Cut my teeth at a place called the sports palace just outside of new orleans. play with a mezz.
joined a usa pool league to knock of the rust. favorite game is probably one pocket but need a spot to play a blind man. will be watching tony v alex at buffalos next month.

Marine1955

Hey, everyone, I'm pretty new here but have been playing a long time since 1968.
My Father ran a pool hall in Memphis, Tn. up on Main St. for a long time and I just grew up playing with the old men.
I can't play anymore, but I love looking at all the Cues that have come out.
The only claim to fame is when I watch St. Louis Loui play in Memphis Tn. for some Cash. Man, he was good. He would give me some pointers and they help a lot

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey, everyone, I'm pretty new here but have been playing a long time since 1968.
My Father ran a pool hall in Memphis, Tn. up on Main St. for a long time and I just grew up playing with the old men.
I can't play anymore, but I love looking at all the Cues that have come out.
The only claim to fame is when I watch St. Louis Loui play in Memphis Tn. for some Cash. Man, he was good. He would give me some pointers and they help a lot
did you know a guy named chuck who owned corner pockets for a while?

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Hi! I've been reading the forums for a little while and decided to create a membership. I've enjoyed reading the threads about topics I'd never considered before, and am impressed with the width and depth of knowledge that seems to be here.

I've been playing pool for as long as I can remember, but don't play in a league or anything. I live in northern Alabama now and am fortunate enough to have a table in my home. I play a production GB-2 at the moment on an AMF Playmaster, and have a lot of fun teaching my kids to play.

Thanks!
Welcome