WORLD 10-BALL TEAMS CHAMPIONSHIP (6-11 Sep), Klagenfurt, Austria

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a separate thread about the World 10 ball Women's championship? It was Taiwan vs Taiwan in the finals. I didn't see who won though.
Congrats to Chou Chieh Yu (Rita Chou) who is the 2022 Women’s World 10 Ball champion defeating Wei Tzu Chien 9-3 in final. She gets 30K euros while Wei gets 20K euros.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The winner was Chou, the recent silver medalist at the World Games. She's a fine player.
Thanks.

Did Allison Fisher take 5-6 years off? I don't recall seeing her name much the past several years. However, in the past year, I recall seeing her name a lot again. It could also very well be I wasn't paying close enough attention.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Thanks.

Did Allison Fisher take 5-6 years off? I don't recall seeing her name much the past several years. However, in the past year, I recall seeing her name a lot again. It could also very well be I wasn't paying close enough attention.
As you sense, Allison was relatively inactive in recent years, entering just a few events. I always root for her when she competes.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Final Day
Semifinals and Final will be live on YouTube https://youtube.com/c/worldbilliardtv starting about 5 hours from now

A2E99330-2B94-438E-889E-92DDDD8ADE46.jpeg

Semi between former winners GB v Taiwan can go either way may go to 5th set shootout.
Will likely be same lineup as their quarterfinal
Shaw play 2nd set and 4th set singles with Appleton/Fisher in 3rd set mixed doubles
Taiwan will likely go with Wu Kun Lin in 2nd set, Chang in 4th set and Chang/Chou in 3rd set mixed doubles cos Chang/Chou better combo than Wu/Chou

Philippines is favourite over Germany because of their much stronger woman player. Philippines will likely still have Chua/Amit in 3rd set mixed doubles and Biado in 2nd set singles and Biado or Chua in 4th set singles.
Germany has been playing Thorsten in 2nd set singles , Fillers in 3rd set mixed doubles , Filler in 4th set singles. Chua/Amit is favorite over Fillers in mixed doubles so I think tactically they should sacrifice mixed doubles point put in Thorsten/Pia Filler in mixed doubles and play Filler in both singles in 2nd set and 4th set to improve their chances of upsetting Philippines :LOL:

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
The winner was Chou, the recent silver medalist at the World Games. She's a fine player.

The semi final match between Jasmine and Wen was pretty good. Jasmine scratched on an easy 10 ball to go on the hill and Wen won the next two.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Germany v Philippines 2-2
Filler leads fight back by Germany from 2 sets down
It is shootout to decide winner :LOL:
No idea why Philippines put Johann Chua instead of Biado to play Filler in 4th set singles

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm finally watching my first match of the whole tournament, the finals.

I realized its better than the prior Predator events, and didn't put my finger on it until the commercial break. Kazoom is doing the video work it seems. That's why the camera angles and the production look more interesting, IMO.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I'm finally watching my first match of the whole tournament, the finals.

I realized its better than the prior Predator events, and didn't put my finger on it until the commercial break. Kazoom is doing the video work it seems. That's why the camera angles and the production look more interesting, IMO.

I didn't realize the change behind the scenes, but think this is the best Predator event so far. I like this teams format a lot.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Team Philippines is the World Champions! Congrats to Binkay Amit, Johann Chua and Carlo Biado!
Yes, very well played.

Speaking as a pool fan, the post-COVID re-emergence of all the Asians can't come soon enough. Seeing both Johan Chua and JL Chang playing so well in this event was a sight for sore eyes. Pool just isn't the same without the many magnificent Asian cueists.

Last edited:

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
The title clinching match between Biado and Shaw showed us why Biado has won so many World/Elite titles/events and Shaw hasn't.
Shaw choked on his 3-ball run-out and Biado slammed home a "money" bank and was out for the win.
Biado is amazing under pressure. Proven Champion every year. And an elite money player.
For Shaw, well he always has the "Pro/Am" Turning Stone event, and trying to run balls at home for a straight pool title.😂

Last edited:

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
Yes, very well played.

Speaking as a pool fan, the post-COVID re-emergence of all the Asians can't come soon enough. Seeing both Johan Chua and JL Chang playing so well in this event was a sight for sore eyes. Pool just isn't the same without the many magnificent Asian cueists.
Yep. A ton of amazing Asian players-- many unknown to fargorate-- are playing almost exclusively in only the far east events.
It is refreshing to see them trickling back and and doing well in the recent international events.
And wow, Taiwan has got a HUGE number of pro-talented players, especially considering their small population!
Now if we could just get China's Wu Jia-qing and Siming Chen to somehow participate more in the big international events! Love watching them play-- pure, natural talents!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Now if we could just get China's Wu Jia-qing and Siming Chen to somehow participate more in the big international events! Love watching them play-- pure, natural talents!
For many years, Wu has only been an occasional entrant in pool's biggest events, but I'm sure Siming Chen, the just as skillful Han Yu, and the superb Liu Haitao will be back once China is fully past the pandemic.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For many years, Wu has only been an occasional entrant in pool's biggest events, but I'm sure Siming Chen, the just as skillful Han Yu, and the superb Liu Haitao will be back once China is fully past the pandemic.

i hope so. wu is just a winner. he's now beating the chinese 8-ballers at their own game. siming and han yu are/were a notch above the other women and honestly the women tour is weak without them.