Mosconi cup

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to watch any match with Earl in it. Respect his career but at this point it is a joke and they are just trying to get him to blow up on the big stage.

Also diminishes the competitiveness of the cup having earl on the team. If he is the fan’s choice don’t know that I can watch next year if they put him back on the team.
Why next year?

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can someone recommend a site where I can watch the recorded plays. I can't watch live. I don't mind paying, I just need find a good site for viewing the recorded matches. Thanks.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stupid format. This should be a world cup with teams representing countries...not the US against Europe.
I don't know if I could disagree with this statement any more. First of all, we already have a World Cup. This is entirely put on for the fans and few players who qualify. Almost EVERY player interviewed states that there is no higher pressure situation in pool than playing this tournament.
The US never wins
I am guessing you were not around when the US was winning 11 years in a row? Or even a few years ago when the US won back to back?
because Europe has the best players...maybe China and the Philippines to...and Taiwan etc....you get the idea that every country can produce stellar players. The US does not have the best players in the world and never really has so its a tall order.

Your last statement that the US never really has had the best players is laughable.

Up until recently, relatively speaking, the US has had the best players. Strickland, Seigal, Hall, Archer, Varner, SVB and on and on. The last 20 years is really when the Euros have caught, and yes, surpassed the US with the overall depth of their talent. But remember your world champion 9 baller is from the US.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are tits on the pool table. But this is first time there is a real exposed tit in a pool broadcast. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 673446
LURv46V.jpg

Looks like it's been a rough 4 years for Thorpe...

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LURv46V.jpg

Looks like it's been a rough 4 years for Thorpe...
I was just thinking the same thing...he has fallen off from a couple years ago. Then I remember he's young and probably making some not- so- wise life choices. Here's hoping he matures. It does stand in stark contrast to the youngsters Filler and Gorst, who seem to be laser focused on pool and being the best at it.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DAY 2 Lineup
1st match is Fan choice singles so we could see back to back SVB v Filler in 1st and 2nd matches

View attachment 673444
Man, it's hard to look at this and think the USA managing to even go 2-3 today would be a huge victory. Europe is just stacked. Even in a 1-3 hole, Europe is probably still the favorite.

(I am an unabashed USA fan, btw.)

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
When tyler dogged that 9 I thought here we go typical year at the mosconi. It always seems when the euro’s can an out they are every time and we dog it somehow And in a race to 5 that’s death but he came back with a break and run. I’m sure when fuller was up 4-3 they thought it was in the bag.

Is no one going to talk about hat insane kick carom svb made on the 9! Again it looked like another typical American game where we have an easy out and Shane way over draws it. Svb said not today boys! Made an insane shot.

I couldn’t be happier to see Shaw playing poorly.. He is the biggest cockiest ass in pool.
Kick carom using a BRIDGE!!!!!

Jaden

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he only said that after Oscar blamed himself for not getting better on that 3-ball.

personally i like follow too there. maybe draw is more textbook (cb coming in line with next ob) but he didn't have much angle.

earl's comment was maybe not so good, but he made up for it by being very supportive in sky's match. by earl's standards he is (so far) behaving well.

I don't know if I could disagree with this statement any more. First of all, we already have a World Cup. This is entirely put on for the fans and few players who qualify. Almost EVERY player interviewed states that there is no higher pressure situation in pool than playing this tournament.

I am guessing you were not around when the US was winning 11 years in a row? Or even a few years ago when the US won back to back?

Your last statement that the US never really has had the best players is laughable.

Up until recently, relatively speaking, the US has had the best players. Strickland, Seigal, Hall, Archer, Varner, SVB and on and on. The last 20 years is really when the Euros have caught, and yes, surpassed the US with the overall depth of their talent. But remember your world champion 9 baller is from the US.
First of all, other than Earl the early pool players (before the 90's) were garbage. Efren proved that. Secondly, Europe didn't play "american pool" but look how quickly they caught up? Why? Because the usa players fundamentally speaking were garbage.
Thirdly, a world cup with teams...not usa against Europe...that's a country against a continent..... If there already is one then no need for the mosconi cup.

Lastly, Mosconi couldn't play 9 ball to save his life...just watch him and Fats butcher the game on an 8 ball table with buckets. The old guys were straight pool players who ran up scores because the tables had buckets.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Earl missing and then blaming Oscar....complete unacceptable and really quite pathetic considering his miss

Oscar felt that sting

There has been criticism towards Shaw over is treatment towards Earl, and yet Earl does this, peas in a pod

god only knows what else he's been saying that has not been captured on camera
People aren't mentioning that Earl almost immediately apologized. Earl shouldn't have been chosen IMO, however, he IS acting differently so far and he WAS getting insanely unlucky.

Jaden