Personally most annoying thing in pool.

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Gold Member
Uh, oh. Ok, I’ll try to stop doing that.
I enjoy hearing other people’s thought trains. We’re all in this together.

You might see me leave you a similar shot next time I don’t have a good look. Will you learn from your mistake or repeat it?

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet I'm on somebody's list. I always chalk AFTER my inning, not before.

I'm usually hogging the cube right as the opponent is looking for it.

FunChamp

Yup. I must be hated. No glove. I like powder and powder on the rails. Feels like I'm playing pool. I leave 400 chalks on the table and I give a damn if it's face down. The only thing that really irritates me is if the table isn't level and rolls off. If I can't slow roll a ball and it drifts off and I miss because of it, makes me want to burn the whole place to the ground. Gotta go take my meds.

Zerksies

Why don't you ask most of the top Euro and American professionals (and many Asian pros as well) why they wear one? Pick out the biggest, meanest-looking, badass player you can find with a glove on and tell him it's not manly of him to wear a glove.

Get back to us and tell us how that goes!

The glove/no glove argument is the stupidest one ever on this forum. I have only seen people wearing a glove criticized in this argument, but have NEVER heard anyone that doesn't wear one catch any flak whatsoever. I just don't comprehend all the hate for the glove. Especially when a very good amount of professionals are now using one, including most of the top-ranked players in the world.
You glove wearers got you panties in a bunch over a piece of fabric. :ROFLMAO:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
You glove wearers got you panties in a bunch over a piece of fabric. :ROFLMAO:
ok lebron
Lebron James GIF by NBA

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
I wear two gloves and slide my cue through a roll of toilet paper. Corey tried talking me into a finger slider.
My stroke is smooth as crap sliding through the roll of paper, I'm a little anal about my stroke technique.
The spare glove is added protection in case one falls off. I don't take any crap from anyone about wearing a glove.
The only problem I have is seeing the cue ball.

https://www.pooldawg.com/the-sleeve ......Trust me, use a roll of Charmin, you're game will jump 2 balls,

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Number one reason I wear a glove is because it frees up A LOT of mental space I used to use up on worrying about having my cue perfectly clean and smooth. I know some players enjoy the process, but I grew tired of all the cleaning, washing, and powdering. Now I throw a glove on and the only thing I worry about is my tip.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wear two gloves and slide my cue through a roll of toilet paper. Corey tried talking me into a finger slider.
My stroke is smooth as crap sliding through the roll of paper, I'm a little anal about my stroke technique.
The spare glove is added protection in case one falls off. I don't take any crap from anyone about wearing a glove.
The only problem I have is seeing the cue ball.

https://www.pooldawg.com/the-sleeve ......Trust me, use a roll of Charmin, you're game will jump 2 balls,
They don't call you SmoothStroke for nothin!

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
There are a couple of people I play with at my local room and most of the time I decline if I'm by myself and someone I don't know asks if I want to play. Today I was practicing by myself, had already been doing that about 4 hours, and I made the dumb mistake of saying OK when some guy asked if I wanted to play some 8-ball.

This guy spends at least 20 minutes talking for every 5 minutes of pool playing even when I keep telling him it's his shot. He can't talk and shoot at the same time. When it's his shot that's his cue to walk up to the cueball and start talking. Jesus wept!
Here's how to circumvent this.
Next time you miss, go to another part of the room and talk with your friends.
Turn your back on your opponent, they have difficulty with return behavior when they have to find you to tell you it's your shot. Have another watch him shoot and have fun. It's my DE-ICER.
If I trust this man, I'd turn and walk.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I'm down on the shot there is nothing that will bother me at all. But if I'm practicing and there are open tables I hate when someone sets up next to me, I'll move tables at that point.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Number one reason I wear a glove is because it frees up A LOT of mental space I used to use up on worrying about having my cue perfectly clean and smooth. I know some players enjoy the process, but I grew tired of all the cleaning, washing, and powdering. Now I throw a glove on and the only thing I worry about is my tip.
My shafts are so dirty they look like a Revo, my ferrule and tip coud be on the cover of Billiards Digest.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was an industrial insulator and sheet metal mechanic. One step along the way is usually patching holes and smoothing surfaces with insulating cement, mud. You have two choices, just drop the mud on a work glove and your hand stays wet the whole time or put on a heavy rubber glove and your hand stays wet with sweat and when done you pour the sweat out of the glove and wash it.

Then I can go to the pool hall and put on a glove. I am old school and alternate between open and closed bridge depending on the shot. With the glove on, I either have to squeeze in a death grip or the contact with a closed bridge feels sloppy, I also have a soggy bridge hand the whole time I am playing and have a nasty glove to wash after every session, often several times in a session. After playing my bridge hand looks like I have been spreading mud all day! I usually use no powder, I just keep the stick and my hand clean. Sometimes the slightest touch of powder, but I live in South Louisiana where you can wet a rag just by shaking it in the air!

I also hate the people that get lonely if they can't jam up against the table you are playin on. Freaking league players actually sit or lean on your table to talk while you are practicing. They also seemingly light an average of three cigarettes each to have a cigarette at hand no matter where they are at. They are often loud and more than a little obnoxious.

Speaking of obnoxious, the guys that come into a blue collar pool hall obviously slumming, Too loud and impressed with using foul language like a seventh grade student. They set up beside me. One proceeds to put a sweating water bottle against my leather case. I move the water. Two minutes later the water is back against my leather case. I move the water. Two minutes later it is back against my leather case. The water hasn't even been opened yet. Large empty garbage can on the other side of my table and a few tables over. I pick up the water bottle and with a nice three step approach and a fine overhand pitch hum it into the bottom of the garbage can at 98.6 miles an hour.

Now the guy whines like a bitch. "I would have moved it."

"I moved it twice. The third time was the charm!"

He goes buy new water, puts it on the empty drink table on the other side of the pool table they are on. No more crowding the old man just to be assholes. No more acting like seventh graders with the loud language that they didn't use anywhere else either.

My personal most annoying thing in the pool room? Loud stupid people in general. They are often the ones that pay the bills though. The place would close if the only people that came in were like me. Play for hours on the special, drink a few cokes or waters, don't buy any food there.

Hu

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
What's the most annoying thing about pool?

The people.

There seems to be a higher percentage of no-class people than in other hobbies, sports and realms I have been in. Now, by no-class, I not talking low income or anything like that. What I mean is simply undesirable individuals. A few of them can be entertaining, characters if you will. That redeems a few of them and gives the pool world some flavor. Sadly, most are not this way.

This is why the cool people in the billiards world are so precious and appreciated. Get to participate in this great sport we have and do so with awesome people. It's really wonderful when you have those folks around. When you don't....you ask yourself, why am I here? I don't belong here. There's better places for me. That very question had me leave the game for several years. The environment overall, because of the people, was not good. The scarcity of them. And this became ever more evident when I compared it to other worlds I would hang in. A stark difference.

I don't know why pool attracts a higher percentage of these types. Answer that question, and I believe you have the root cause of all the other topics we have on this forum (why is pool dead, why isn't pool bigger on tv, why doesn't pool grow....etc).