Personally most annoying thing in pool.

soyale

the place that i go to play is a recreation center that was/is a senior center. There’s an old timer there that likes to smash balls around with the crackly radio on blast. Usually he plays pop music, which i used to think was bad, but the last two times i’ve gone in, he’s playing jesus music full volume. As it turns out, i can only stomach about ten minutes of it before i just drive home.

of course it really is more his arena so i wouldn’t dream of saying anything, more power to him.

other mild annoyances are when people talk more than they shoot or act entitled when they are the better player.

i just like to roll the balls into the holes, its just a game.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yikes, I think you just insulted 30% of this forum.
I agree and I’m sure many of us here are guilty of at least some of those habits at one time or another. I admire all players who have the passion and drive for the game, but were not blessed with the natural talent that allows them to improve at a rapid rate. They make up some of our very best and most frequent customers!

It is the natural players the game comes easy to that often take the game for granted and don’t have the passion and discipline that many of the lesser gifted players exhibit.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would annoy me if everyone was trying to argue with me about why I should wear a glove. But why does their glove use annoy you?
I played in ttournament and everything was sticky ,despite washing my hands about 30 times.

I had to buy two gloves in the middle of a match.

I'm in and that other dude needs to stfu and get a glove.
Screenshot_20220307-175438.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brutal
the place that i go to play is a recreation center that was/is a senior center. There’s an old timer there that likes to smash balls around with the crackly radio on blast. Usually he plays pop music, which i used to think was bad, but the last two times i’ve gone in, he’s playing jesus music full volume. As it turns out, i can only stomach about ten minutes of it before i just drive home.

of course it really is more his arena so i wouldn’t dream of saying anything, more power to him.

other mild annoyances are when people talk more than they shoot or act entitled when they are the better player.

i just like to roll the balls into the holes, its just a game.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i come back to pool after a few years of a break and everyone is wearing a glove and not one damn person has a reason as to wear one.
It really provides a very consistent friction for a cue passing over, or through the bridge. Not only that, but it eliminates the calluses that form from bridging. For me those calluses can become painful when they start cracking and opening up in the very dry winter months.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Annoying thing in pool is when someone is coming to get pool lessons and they say "i see and know all shots but my stroke need to set so i can do them"

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i don’t bet, but i don’t care if anybody else wants to. I have however noticed the tendency for betting players to CONSTANTLY undermine and talk down on people that don’t want to play for money. Mostly on this forum.
When I play someone for the first time I always ask do you want to gamble or play fun pool?
Doesn't matter to me which way I just want to play.

soyale

When I play someone for the first time I always ask do you want to gamble or play fun pool?
Doesn't matter to me which way I just want to play.

yep i remember, you were a lot of fun to play with! “Just put the balls in the holes”

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wife and children.

A friend and I were riding to work together. Outdoor construction, if we rained out we headed for the nearest place that was open to shoot pool and drink beer. His wife pointed out that when we met to work on a weekend project or to get together for other reasons we didn't start drinking at six in the morning. Why was it that when we rained out we started drinking and shooting pool at six AM? I told her, "It's a law. We are up, we are dressed, it is raining. We are thirty miles from home. What else are we going to do?"

Hu