2023 World Pool Championship, Kielce, Poland

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What we need is the producers, Emily, to have a player's meeting and tell the players if they want the sport to grow, they need to do everything fast. Or they will be dropped from the tour.

Look at the Mosconi Caras match from 1960. Those guys were flying around the table. That is how all professional pool matches should be!

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang vs. Big Ko and FSR vs. Hohmann is not a good streaming lineup for those of us who don't like slow play.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
15 seconds is needed. 2 extensions per game.

The problem with slow players is they are slow on EVERY SINGLE ASPECT. They walk around the table slowly. They have to view a shot from 10 different angles, even a super simple layout, and they do that slowly. They think slowly. They go to their chair for their towel excessively, and they do it slowly. Their warm up stroking routine is slow. Every single aspect of their game is slow. They need to go!!!

A 30 second clock won't help the boredom, because they will go to 29 seconds every shot. And still walk like turtles around the table.
Watched a match in the past with Kaci I think it was, he made it to the countdown on every single ball the entire match. Absolutely brutal

Scrunge19

Registered
There’s no way Predator is forcing someone like Joshua Filler to use a revo if he doesn’t want to. All that kid wants to do is win so there’s no way he’d jeopardize that by using equipment he doesn’t want to use.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There’s no way Predator is forcing someone like Joshua Filler to use a revo if he doesn’t want to. All that kid wants to do is win so there’s no way he’d jeopardize that by using equipment he doesn’t want to use.
That's what I thought too. But who knows. For Josh to answer "no comment" when asked why he switched, that is quite telling. And one of the women pro's, I think Kelly F, might have said they were forced a few weeks ago.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang vs. Big Ko and FSR vs. Hohmann is not a good streaming lineup for those of us who don't like slow play.
FSR and Hohmann are about to be done 11-7 while Chang vs. Ko is only 6-3 Chang right now. Ridiculous.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7700 live viewers on the table 2 youtube channel. I don't believe I've ever seen that many for pool before.

Youtube table 3 channel had about 1500 viewers when I checked it last an hour ago.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Morra ahead of Shaw 7-6. I've been wathing a minute or two here and there. I think Morra sped up a bit.

Funny, the commentator was saying he plays "methodical" because he switched hands. Karl must have been dying laughing on the inside when his co-commentator said that.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I thought too. But who knows. For Josh to answer "no comment" when asked why he switched, that is quite telling. And one of the women pro's, I think Kelly F, might have said they were forced a few weeks ago.
As posted earlier I don't have much sympathy for these pros when it comes to sponsors and their equipment, but I don't know why Predator would feel the need to force any of its players to switch to the Revo while the company is still selling a diverse lineup of wooden shafts.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can definitely hear the spectators getting into it when one of the Polish players does something good. Nice to see an active and engaged crowd.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the Minnesota Pool Association website, regarding slow play. They keep track of how long each player's matches take.

Slow Player Statistics for the Current Season
07/01/2022 to 02/03/2023
These are lists by Player Rating of all the players that have played at least 3 matches this season.

Each table is sorted so the slowest player for that rating is at the top, then by the longest match for that average time.

If you are in the top part of the list for your division you really need to start thinking about speeding up your play, (Shot rate). We will be starting to give the players at the top of each rating group a timer that they will be required to use.

Slow play by just a few players slows the whole tournament down and keeps ALL divisions from getting done at a reasonable time.

If your strategy is to bore your opponent to death, this will no longer be allowed, and you need to seriously look at how you think through a table.

Anyway there is a lot of interesting information in these tables, but if you are towards the top of the list you really need to address how you are playing.