Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no1.JPG

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Wu's return to international competition is very exciting.

From the elite 820+ Fargo Rate ranks, it seems we are only missing Dennis from these MR events.
I think Wu will be in firm….he’s been playing heybal.

BlueRaider

Registered
Biado, Anton Raga, Chang JL also missing
Yes, but they have all played MR events recently (actually not sure on Raga). Wu hasn’t played one since 2019 and it has been a while for Orcollo too.

It’s unlikely we will get an event with every top player in attendance but the more who are regularly competing the better.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
27x800+ in the field which is about same number of any major event these days. Half a dozen ladies in it also
Notable absentees are Chang JL and the top 3 Filipino trio of Biado, Raga, Orcollo :LOL:
I know Orcollo still can't travel to the US, but I'm surprised that he still continues to be absent from the European tournaments

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I see this event as historic for both Matchroom, which has brought a major event to a new country, and for Spain, which will have the opportunity to bask in the glow of recent successes: a) Ruiz/Alciade won the 2022 World Cup of Pool, b) Ruiz and Alcaide were both on the winning Mosconi Cup team in 2022, and c) Ruiz captured the World Pool Championship in 2023. Spanish players will get to compete on home soil against their idols, and Spanish fans will get to watch their idols up close on home soil.

Congratulations to both Matchroom and Spain on this historic occasion. Matchroom's vision of having ranking points available in every corner of the globe is gradually coming to fruition. These are good times for pro pool.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Orcollo still can't travel to the US, but I'm surprised that he still continues to be absent from the European tournaments

i think helfert wrote that dennis had gotten a good deal doing exhibitions. maybe he's travel weary after all the years he's been travelling, he's not a spring chicken anymore. but i miss seeing him in these tournaments, he bring pace and accuracy only parallelled by filler imo

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't think I'll be watching this one unfortunately.

That red carpet is a million times worse than a purple 5 ball.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pre-tournament bookie odds are off.
Based on recent form, Ko Ping Chung is very underrated. He has been top few performers in Matchroom events in past few months. I think he is due another major win either here or other majors later this year
Albin and Shaw can never be underestimated, sleeping tigers who can just turn it on and make a deep run
Mario He, Max Lechner, Zielinski are dark horses have not won a major and due to win one
Wu would be top few favorites but after long break away still needs to iron tweak his game. Showed some of old Wu brilliance in his first match but still has to work on his break and these MR tables, environment :LOL:

o1.jpg

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hate these modern transparent unshapely trophies but I must say this one is not bad
trophy1.jpg

Tough draw for Wu. He's got Wojciech Szewczyk in his second-round match.
Will be first real test for Wu on his return. Starting about 4pm local time in 15 minutes or so. Should be good.👍