Inexpensive Ball Polisher

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
No jokes please! :wink:
I just wanted to take a moment to thank Gerry (that's his AZ name) for sending me a new ball polisher. It's very simply made but works like a charm. He can be reached here via PM's and will be more than happy to make one for you also. I won't quote you a price, I'll let him do that. But trust me, this one won't hurt your pocketbook and will do the job just as well as the more expensive/fancy models. Thanks Gerry! :wave3:

Randy9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay,

Could you describe this ball polisher and how it works? Is it one made from a bucket or is it made of wood??

Thanks,

Randy

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol-big-blue-ag11.gif

"Inexpensive ball polisher." Now, that's a catchy title!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you do a YouTube search you'll find a video on how to make one. It probobly cost me 40 bucks total and took about 15 mins. It works as good as when I used to take them to mylocal club and use there diamond ball pollisher!

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for the kind words Jay! I'm glad you like it! The beauty of a good design is not being able to simplify it any more. That is what I have found with this type of polisher. Cheap, fast, durable, easy to use, and easy to build.

yea, if you go on youtube you can see how to build one. If you don't want to deal with that, get ahold of me, I can build you one.

Gerry

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
Well, that's a relief. I expected to open this thread and find a picture of my first wife.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Okay, now that we've got the techincal stuff out of the way, let's have some fun.
You remember the picture of the lion a couple of replies back? Well, I say. "Boy, I sure wish I could do that." And you say. "___________________________!" :D

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Okay, now that we've got the techincal stuff out of the way, let's have some fun.
You remember the picture of the lion a couple of replies back? Well, I say. "Boy, I sure wish I could do that." And you say. "___________________________!" :D

"Go ahead, the lion won't care"....

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member

You might just become his beyotch! (The lions that is..)

wbweld0

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If I could do that, I wouldn't leave the house.

TAP

"Banks are Always Open!"
Silver Member
I believe the next two lines to the photo thing are, "Boy, I wish I could do that!", then...."Well, you'd better ask him first!"

TAP

"Banks are Always Open!"
Silver Member
Back to the subject at hand. I built one of these polishers a couple of years ago. It cost me about $40 total. It works like a champ! I did learn something about lining the bucket with carpet. Put a CREASE somewhere in the carpet before you line the bucket. This causes the balls to change directions while they are spinning. A simple maneuver that improves the operation immensely.

I later made a "CUSTOM" bucket "BALL POLISHER" for a pool family member who is a big Oakland Raiders fan. Painted the bucket black and installed two Oakland Raiders Emblems on the bucket. Presented it as a Christmas gift.
He loved it and still uses it today.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I made a short video of the ball cleaner so you guys can see how it works. I am having a few issues loading it to Vimeo, but it should happen tonight. I will post the URL as soon as it is working.

thanx for your patience!

G.

ACE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You fool....that lion would bite you.