Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page I can’t see fraction hits (1/2ball, 1/4 ball etc.) how’d ya’ll go about training your
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
ceebee
AzB Silver Member
ceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Skype™ to ceebee 
01-24-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmata814 View Post
I aim by contact point. I just can’t see “fraction ball hits”. But i’m reading ‘The Beard’s’ book on banks and he teaches everything with fractions. How did you go about training your eyes to see them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never had any luck with fractional hits. I feel there are many many more places to hit the ball than fractional hits. I use Double the Distance sometimes, equal parts of object ball - cue ball hits & others. Works for me.....
Attached Images

ceebee
USMC- Ret.
www.breakrak.com
918-543-6600
SKYPE charley.bond.inola
Every game Starts with the Break Shot

Old
  (#17)
Ralph Kramden
BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Ralph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-24-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmata814 View Post
To be clear, i dont intend to start shooting using fractions. I’m used to visualizing contact points. I just want to be able to recognize how it looks so i can be sure i’m reading/implementing The Beard’s book correctly.

Thank u for the replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Kramden View Post
Attachment 482073

These are the 1/8 ball fractional points... The verticle lines would be for center CB.
Contact points are halfway between the OB center and where center CB is aimed.
The ball fractions that you want to be able to recognize how it looks are shown in the above attachment.

Think of 2 discs.. one disc passing the other.. As the front disc passes over the back disc, overlaps will decrease.

The CB overlap fractions are shown as light semicircles from the OB edge. 7/8 ball, 3/4 ball, 5/8 ball, and 1/2 ball.

As the CB center moves to the right in .281 increments the CB edge (1/8 ball fractions) moves an equal distance.

GAMES... http://sites.google.com/site/poolandbilliard

Recognize a 1/2 ball 30 degree cut and quarter ball angles.
Paralysis by aiming analysis happens by thinking too much.

To play at top speed... You must own the stop shot line.

Last edited by Ralph Kramden; 01-25-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Old
  (#18)
Ralph Kramden
BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Ralph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond repute

01-24-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebee View Post
I never had any luck with fractional hits. I feel there are many many more places to hit the ball than fractional hits. I use Double the Distance sometimes, equal parts of object ball - cue ball hits & others. Works for me.....
Double the distance also works with fractions. The balls overlap forming a football shape.
The contact point is always in the center of that shape. If you know the distance from the
OB center to the contact point you double the distance. The contact point is between the
ball centers and is always halfway from the OB center and where the CB center is aimed.

Old
  (#19)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

01-24-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebee View Post
I think your image best illustrates the midpoint parallel shift aiming system. FYI, I've added your image and a link to your post on the resource page.

For those interested in double the distance, it is illustrated and described on the double-the-distance or double-the-overlap aiming system resource page.

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#20)
Ralph Kramden
BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!

01-25-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post
I think your image best illustrates the midpoint parallel shift aiming system. FYI, I've added your image and a link to your post on the resource page.

Regards,
Dave
dr_dave- Your website is awesome. I have a question about the image on the resource page.
The midpoint parallel shift you show has too many variables (to me) that must be addressed.
The pivot from the opposite side of the OB contact point, from Patrick Johnson, seems better.

I like OB fractions.... finding my angles looking from CB to OB, and then a comparison from OB to the pocket ..or..
by looking from OB to pocket and then a comparison from CB to OB.. or a combination of both for a double check.
After I determine my pocketing angle, I'll aim for the OB fraction point that will send the OB down my known angle.

I also like CP2CP after pivoting from inside the cut angle. Could you please explain what aiming system you use?

Regards, Carl

Last edited by Ralph Kramden; 01-25-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Old
  (#21)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
dr_dave- Your website is awesome.
Thanks. I aim to swerve.

Quote:
I have a question about the image on the resource page.
The midpoint parallel shift you show has too many variables (to me) that must be addressed.
The pivot from the opposite side of the OB contact point, from Patrick Johnson, seems better.
I like PJ’s illustration also, but I think both show the same info, just in slightly different ways.

Quote:
Could you please explain what aiming system you use?
I use DAM.

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#22)
Ralph Kramden
BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!

01-27-2018, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I aim to swerve.

I like PJ’s illustration also, but I think both show the same info, just in slightly different ways.

I use DAM.

Regards,
Dave
dr_dave.. Your DAM advice is Damn good

Old
  (#23)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

01-27-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
dr_dave.. Your DAM advice is Damn good
Thanks.

Best regards,
Dave

Old
  (#24)
book collector
AzB Silver Member
book collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchDAZB View Post
Like you, I don't see fractions. Joe Tucker's Aiming by the Numbers was the answer for me. With the materials Joe provides, you can even practice the visualization away from the pool room, on your dining room table. It's a great product that really flies under the radar of the aiming system warfare.
This really helped me also.
Wish I had learned it 45 years sooner.

Old
  (#25)
ceebee
AzB Silver Member
ceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to ceebee 
01-28-2018, 10:20 AM

Joe Tucker's numbering system is a good system to use, to get used to using the equal segments of object Ball & cue Ball for aiming. However, there are other considerations to be thought about before pulling the trigger. Sometimes there is Side Spin applied to the Cue Ball which might result in throw & or swerve... plus collision induced spin that may or may not affect the object ball. This can affect longer shots & banking...

Good Luck

ceebee
USMC- Ret.
www.breakrak.com
918-543-6600
SKYPE charley.bond.inola
Every game Starts with the Break Shot

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: