Must see poolrooms

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Id like to know if anyone has suggestions of poolrooms that are unique must see to believe poolrooms around the country and world to visit as a bucket list? I have seen the icehouse, griffs, mr cues 2, jamaica joes, bankshots, brickyard, fargo gastropub, teachers, white diamonds, skinny bobs, and qmasters. Ive seen many more but those places stick out so far.

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member
John Wesleys Pick Pocket Billiards in Big Spring TX. One of the nicest rooms ive ever seen. Non smoking and they have 8 Diamond Pro-Am tables that came off the PBT in 1994. Really cool to see those old tables being taken care of the way they are. Definetly one that every pool player should see atleast once. The owners Johnny And Karen genuinely love pool

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
We delivered Diamond tables to the Firehouse in Bakersfield. They have two locations, the newer location was very cool. Not so much a serious pool hall but designed more for families. They featured Diamond pool tables, bowling alleys, monster TV's, Arcades and much more. Haven't seen the final product but look amazing when we installed the pool tables.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
If you're in the New York City area, check out Amsterdam Billiards and Steinway. Saturday and Monday nights you can hang out watch 14.1 league players.

14.1 League Director Mike Yednak now livestream matches of house pros (himself, Tony Robles or Sean Alaska Morgan) playing league matches.
https://www.facebook.com/AmsterdamBilliards/

Steinway, is like a greek diner with a poolhall attached, has taken over as the action spot in Queens NY. Anyone that used to go to Golden Cue, then Masters, now congregate at Steinway.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
In NYC, what ctyhntr is dead on accurate.

In Boston, Jillian's (behind Fenway park) @ Lucky Strike Lanes is a must see.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Top Hat in Maryland.

Great Room with great equipment and great rates and they now have a full service bar with great food.

Best Room in Maryland.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked my 7 year old son Jin if he wanted to go to Disneyland next year and he said "No, I want to goto Steinway Billiards". Not only that but William Finnegan from the hustlers show reached out to him after he heard through a mutual friend and has been chatting with him on FB Messenger. You will see my kids' picture as his cover photo on his FB.

So Steinway it is for us, we are combining a trip to the 2018 Super Billiard Expo next year to try and reduce funds leaving my empty pocket.

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Club Billiards in Wichita KS. It's been in operation since 1946. Nice classic place and good people too. Tournaments several days a week.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Hard Times Billiards in Sacramento CA might just have to be my favorite room based on the room layout, the pool room "vibe", the personnel, the usual availability of different levels of action as well as a variety of tournaments big and small (weekly's, monthly's, annuals, various regionals), etc.

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Living on Long Island I like all the rooms in the NYC metropolitan area such as Steinway, Raxx, Bay Shore, Cue Bar, Carom,Gotham City,etc, however last year I went to Snookers in Providence to play in the Predator Tour and fell in love with the place. Really beautiful decor, sort of like the interior of Cracker Barrel, and really great food.

MalibuMike

Banned
Scratch Billiards in La Mirada Ca.

Awesome room! Great Staff and plenty of BIG TIME ACTION!

Attachments

• st81.jpg
    st81.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 782
  • St8.jpg
    St8.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 781
  • st82.jpg
    st82.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 786
  • st84.jpg
    st84.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 789
  • user71166_pic15223_1429131357.jpg
    user71166_pic15223_1429131357.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 776

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are in Germany in the near of Cologne, go to the Pool&Blues (http://www.pool-blues.com/bilder/) in Bergisch Gladbach. My favorite place and home of my Team.

21 ninefoot table, 1 Snooker table, 3 steeldart boards, 7 e-dart boards, 1 tablesoccer and a big lounge area with beamer.

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shooters. Olathe Kansas

Shooters in Olathe Kansas, is pretty much the best room I've been in. Dan Tull the owner is great. The staff is super friendly and great at their jobs. And also Doug Patrick custom cue shop is rite there inside of shooters. Doug is the best cue repair guy and builder I've had the pleasure to deal with. Definately put it on your bucket lists.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Gentleman's Club

Illinois Billiard Club

"Fine Billiard tables, a museum of pool memorabilia, antique and current photos, artifacts and original art works...
all along side a first class buffet and banquet facility. Illinois Billiard Club add credibility to the enjoyable sport of billiards and takes it to a new level of style and comfort."

-David Sheesley, member and patron of Illinois Billiard Club.

http://www.bonniesdiningandbanquets.com/images/tour/14 IBC .jpg

Missing Link

Lock N Link
Silver Member
Red's in Spartanburg. SC has to be experienced...it isn't "nice" but it is the epitome of old school dive halls with a grill and 25 cent games.

Cue Time in Spartanburg, SC is a room full of Diamond tables and run by actual pool players

The Palace in Greenville, SC is an all night room that is like being transported back in time to an 80's hall. Signed dollar bills coat the walls and several rooms full of Gandy and Brunswick 9 footers.

World Cup Billiard in Greenville, SC is a US Amateurs stop and is a large, modern pool hall.

Players Place in Charleston, SC has 20 tables and cheap rates. The pool room is separate from the bar and they have great tables. Good shooters as well.

2 Keys Tavern in Ladson, SC has great food and 10 diamond tables. More bangers than shooters, but they take care of the tables.

Just a few decent ones I've played in in my area.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might want to see Big Dogs in Des Moines & Magoos in Tulsa. Both rooms are non-smoking Pool Rooms with great tables, great food & lots of play...

Last edited:

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Theres a few pool rooms that are fantastic but less attractive all because of a single detail. That detail that ruins the poolroom for the majority of potential visitors is that they allow smoking.