Overseas scam artists

shadowmoss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for opinions.

I have known for a while of a Chinese (so called)cue dealer who has stolen 15 cues from one of our premier cue makers here on AZ. I will not say the names so to give this (so called)cue dealer a chance to right this wrong.

So there are people watching this event to see the out come.

Shadowmoss

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member

I have known for a while of a Chinese (so called)cue dealer who has stolen 15 cues from one of our premier cue makers here on AZ. I will not say the names so to give this (so called)cue dealer a chance to right this wrong.

Shadowmoss

THAT'S A SHITTY THING TO DO..... IT'S HARD ENOUGH TO BE A CUE MAKER AND MAKE A LIVING. (WELL, MOST CUE MAKERS)

HOPEFULLY THE "DEALER" DOES THE RIGHT THING.

Marcus

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know what kind of opinions you're looking for, but...
If you know who he is, and are sure of the theft, then I'd make him aware that you know & put him on a very short clock to make right - at minimum for him to contact the wronged party and start the process.
If no go, then out him.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know what kind of opinions you're looking for, but...
If you know who he is, and are sure of the theft, then I'd make him aware that you know & put him on a very short clock to make right - at minimum for him to contact the wronged party and start the process.
If no go, then out him.

Couldn't think of a better simpler approach than this. :thumbup:

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cash up front

Fixes everything. You want to be a deler? Pay for what you take.
China. Not the best country to collect from. He hasn't paid since March. He won't pay. Next cue show he has the nuts to show up for have him arrested.
Nick :)

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Different idea

Fixes everything. You want to be a deler? Pay for what you take.
China. Not the best country to collect from. He hasn't paid since March. He won't pay. Next cue show he has the nuts to show up for have him arrested.

Or hire you a couple of guys named "Moose" and "Rocko" to help the judge find his checkbook.

9BallKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
agree

agree no names, but for a long time im well aware of this story! this cue maker is top of the line and one of the best guys period.hes a great person and a hard worker as well as a family man! i dont agree with what these people did to him and if it were my jurisdiction they did it in they would find them selves behind bars,id do the investigation myself.

please you know who you are!!!!!!MAKE THIS THING RIGHT AND PART WAYS

GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN THIS!

fourkingscues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Eric,,
I hate when guys give dealers bad name it makes it hard for me to do business,,i am so mad at this guy ,,if you like i will fly there and confront him about this in person,,anything i can do let me know,,i HATE DEAD BEATS AND LIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,

Best
Little Kenny

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Let me explain something. Whenever you GIVE product to someone without getting the money in advance then you are on the NEGATIVE side of the transaction. The farther away they are the harder it is to collect.

I have advised several people to NOT send cues to China without getting paid in full FIRST. Not because it's "China" but because ANYTHING can happen from the person simply not paying to the cues getting stolen, person dies etc...

Cash on the wood makes the deal good. Here is your money - here is your horse.

At one time in my life I was owed $80,000 in receivables by companies in the industry from large to small and from individuals. On $500,000 in sales per annum 80k is a huge hit and it's safe to say that we were effectively bankrupt. So I had to hit the road and start selling out of a van to generate cash flow while we chased the money. We eventually got paid on about 60k and had to write off 20k.

The billiard industry is the WORST for having "big hat/no cattle" people in it. The amount of people who have come to me over the years with the line that I should front them cases because they can sell a ton of them has been endless. And in the early years I bought into it. Some of those people did ok for me but most were simply headaches I didn't need. And the WORST of it is when you have product out there with someone that isn't paid for but you have customers who want to give you money and no product to sell them.

So good luck with this. I have an idea who is being spoken of on the cue maker side and it flat sucks if it's the same person. I have a name on the buyer side but no way to influence them to do anything.

cuemasterpieces

When a man loves a woman
Silver Member
Well but what if you gave a 100% Deposit to a cuemaker/dealer and only get promisses it will be done soon ... than you set them a deadline to get your cue finally done...... after this deadline you ask for a full refund .... but you never get back an answear .... how can you fix that problem?

IT'S NOT ALWAYS THE SELLER WHO IS ON THE WEAK SIDE.

I am sorry for your Friend .... seams things have changed in this hard times.
There are still good people out there .... but you better watch out who you trust. :frown:

Best of luck for your Cuemaker.

Berny

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well but what if you gave a 100% Deposit to a cuemaker/dealer and only get promisses it will be done soon ... than you set them a deadline to get your cue finally done...... after this deadline you ask for a full refund .... but you never get back an answear .... how can you fix that problem?

There are still good people out there .... but you better watch out who you trust. :frown:

Berny

In that case the cue maker or case maker usually has a fixed residence and a business. So they are more easily pressured by social stigma and legal threats than a single buyer.

Also the BUYER has the power to initiate a refund through their credit card if paid by card or their bank if paid by check in certain circumstances.

When you send money and no product arrives then the seller can be charged with a crime of fraud. However when you send product out and no money arrives it's considered a CIVIL matter between the seller and the buyer and considered to be a dispute on payment terms.

Now I have to bow out and get cases done.....

CUEMAKERS - DON'T SEND PRODUCT TO CHINA (or anywhere) WITHOUT GETTING PAID IN ADVANCE.

12ozCurl

Banned
In that case the cue maker or case maker usually has a fixed residence and a business. So they are more easily pressured by social stigma and legal threats than a single buyer.

Also the BUYER has the power to initiate a refund through their credit card if paid by card or their bank if paid by check in certain circumstances.

When you send money and no product arrives then the seller can be charged with a crime of fraud. However when you send product out and no money arrives it's considered a CIVIL matter between the seller and the buyer and considered to be a dispute on payment terms.

Now I have to bow out and get cases done.....

CUEMAKERS - DON'T SEND PRODUCT TO CHINA (or anywhere) WITHOUT GETTING PAID IN ADVANCE.

Wheatbux anyone?

I hate to see stuff like this happen. Honestly, if your not gonna name and shame, then there is no reason to start the thread. I don't see where the OP has a horse in the race other than to wave the "I know something you dont" flag in front of everyone's noses.

shadowmoss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Payment

If this cue dealer would just send the money it would be viewed as a late payment and this issue just goes away.

Shadowmoss

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Alot of us have know about this for months

Wheatbux anyone?

I hate to see stuff like this happen. Honestly, if your not gonna name and shame, then there is no reason to start the thread. I don't see where the OP has a horse in the race other than to wave the "I know something you dont" flag in front of everyone's noses.

We all wish to help. If you don't think this way you are probably a thief. Not saying you are. Know The dealer?

12ozCurl

Banned
We all wish to help. If you don't think this way you are probably a thief. Not saying you are. Know The dealer?

I dont know the dealer and I think you mis-understood my post.

Why announce it to the public if your not gonna call names. By calling out a name, that person has more pressure to rectify it and clear their name.

My point still stands. Unless you name the culprit, all you are doing is playing that children's game and singing "I know something you dont know"

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member

Berny

Berny, you are NOT alone:frown:
Eric, you have 7 Mastiff or not to fix the Problem:thumbup:
I will pay for the good Food later:smile:

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
I dont know the dealer and I think you mis-understood my post.

Why announce it to the public if your not gonna call names. By calling out a name, that person has more pressure to rectify it and clear their name.

My point still stands. Unless you name the culprit, all you are doing is playing that children's game and singing "I know something you dont know"
And not naming the culprit leaves the rest vulnerable to the same thing. Just out them and be done with it. BTW never send anything without being paid first no matter what circumstance.

shadowmoss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Patience

The dealer is on the fence, he doesn't know if he should pay or not.He has been given plenty of time to do the right thing but is jerking my friend off.By the end of the week if no money has been sent the Cue maker will post his name and contact the authorities.

Shadowmoss

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ultimatum

Shadowmoss

Why not tell the scam artist , you will give a fair period of time for them to pay the Cue maker or you will expose them? That way it would be fair to all parties and AZers.