Runout Media distributing malware?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So I was just catching up on my AZB reading and for one thread this pops up on my screen:

Google Chrome has blocked access to runoutmedia.com for now.
Even if you have visited this website safely in the past, visiting it now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.
Wassup?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:yikes:
So I was just catching up on my AZB reading and for one thread this pops up on my screen:

Google Chrome has blocked access to runoutmedia.com for now.
Even if you have visited this website safely in the past, visiting it now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.
Wassup?

I had that happen to me, a HUGE RED SCREEN pops up.

Apparently, the ad that he has in his USER PROFILE or SIGNATURE area contains tracking cookies. :embarrassed2:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I went on it with Chrome and everything appeared just fine. :cool:

Attachments

• runout.jpg
    runout.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 364

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And??????? :confused:

I did not put his member User Profile in the link properly. Try to look at Nathan's User Profile and then get back with me. :D

It looks like this on my Chrome. :embarrassed2:

Attachments

• Nathan User Profile Problem.jpg
    Nathan User Profile Problem.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 354

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Clicking-on-NathanDumoulin-AZB-UserProfile_ChromeWarning.jpg
    Clicking-on-NathanDumoulin-AZB-UserProfile_ChromeWarning.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 364

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I did not put his member User Profile in the link properly. Try to look at Nathan's User Profile and then get back with me. :D

It looks like this on my Chrome. :embarrassed2:

Still nothing on my end. :cool:

Attachments

• nathanprofile.jpg
    nathanprofile.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 357

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
lol wtf!?

Anyone have any idea what is causing this? My site is just a bunch of HTML and CSS. Other than a news update, nothing has changed in almost 2 years!!!

Good thing only about 2% of my sales come off my website, otherwise this would suck. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh wow. After I posted this, the entire thread became walmare. Apparently even my sig was registering as harmful.

EDIT #2: 20 mins later and I found it. Seems a virus injected an iframe into the footer code. A review request has been sent to Google to remove the warnings. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol wtf!?

Anyone have any idea what is causing this? My site is just a bunch of HTML and CSS. Other than a news update, nothing has changed in almost 2 years!!!

Good thing only about 2% of my sales come off my website, otherwise this would suck. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh wow. After I posted this, the entire thread became walmare. Apparently even my sig was registering as harmful.

EDIT #2: 20 mins later and I found it. Seems a virus injected an iframe into the footer code. A review request has been sent to Google to remove the warnings. Thanks everyone!

I am glad you got is straightened out. There's so many viruses, trojans, worms, et cetera, in the Internet. I've had to dead a few problems myself in the past, even though I supposedly have protection. I now have Norton, McAfee, and Trend on different computers. They all seem to do the trick. Trend is pretty cool, but I think I like Norton the best, although it uses a lot of computer resources. McAfee is on my backup computer, so I am not as familiar with that one.

If you get a chance, you should listen to this presentation at Georgetown University by Eugene Kaspersky, a Russian man who came out with the Kaspersky virus protection. He predicts that what we will need to watch out for in the future will affect our smartphones. It's a pretty scary prediction.

He's got an excellent sense of humor. He's a billionaire, and he seems like someone you can hang out with at your neighborhood tavern. Check him out: Keynote Speaker Eugene Kaspersky.

I now have two Russian favorite people. Eugene Kaspersky and my man Fedor Emelianenko. Meet Russia's top cyber sleuth, Eugene Kaspersky.

Attachments

• ff_kaspersky_f.jpg
    ff_kaspersky_f.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

upindaklub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am glad you got is straightened out. There's so many viruses, trojans, worms, et cetera, in the Internet. I've had to dead a few problems myself in the past, even though I supposedly have protection. I now have Norton, McAfee, and Trend on different computers. They all seem to do the trick. Trend is pretty cool, but I think I like Norton the best, although it uses a lot of computer resources. McAfee is on my backup computer, so I am not as familiar with that one.

If you get a chance, you should listen to this presentation at Georgetown University by Eugene Kaspersky, a Russian man who came out with the Kaspersky virus protection. He predicts that what we will need to watch out for in the future will affect our smartphones. It's a pretty scary prediction.

He's got an excellent sense of humor. He's a billionaire, and he seems like someone you can hang out with at your neighborhood tavern. Check him out: Keynote Speaker Eugene Kaspersky.

I now have two Russian favorite people. Eugene Kaspersky and my man Fedor Emelianenko. Meet Russia's top cyber sleuth, Eugene Kaspersky.

With so many users on mobile devices our phones/tablets etc are already targets. Those who spread the malware, scareware, spyware etc go where the traffic is

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With so many users on mobile devices our phones/tablets etc are already targets. Those who spread the malware, scareware, spyware etc go where the traffic is

Accodring to Kaspersky, you better not keep any personal identifying information on your smartphones, to include financial data. :wink:

I'm so lucky I still use a fliptop phone, I guess. In fact, I don't use it; Keith does. When I leave the house, I do *not* want to be connected to the Internet. I need a break from it. :eek:

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Norton's was by far the best back in the DOS era, but now its a bloated piece of junk

Why pay at all when Avast, Malwarebytes, and Spyware Blaster are light weight and totally free?