Aranas vs. Filler Ten Ball

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched about the last 15 games today. Wow, Filler is exciting to watch. Ultra fast, pounds the balls, can make any shot under the sun.

Interesting while Pia was on the mic today, one of the questions was what table do they practice on regularly. She said Brunswick, as that is what their club has. To play as good as he does on the Diamonds, and not even practice regularly on them, is amazing.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Can you answer a couple questions?

I'm guessing Roy's basement is just that, a basement in Roy's house.
Does Roy normally hold money matches there?
How was it DD's home room...Is he from that area?

Yes, money matches are held there. Aranas is one of the members of Roy's stable, making this his home court. No, Roy's Basement doesn't refer to the basement in Roy's house, but instead to his action-generating business. Roy's Basement is, in fact, a business, and a successful one at that.

kitsap

Registered
Absolutely outstanding! If you are a fan of pool and did not enjoy this, you need to make some adjustments....

Many thanks to Roy's Basement, the players, and to Pia for the commentary and keeping up with answering the comments on Facebook.

A classic in its' time.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Yes, money matches are held there. Aranas is one of the members of Roy's stable, making this his home court. No, Roy's Basement doesn't refer to the basement in Roy's house, but instead to his action-generating business. Roy's Basement is, in fact, a business, and a successful one at that.

It's also based out of his basement

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice play!

Filler is reminding me of Earl in his prime.

Oh, to be young again. I remember when 9 ball seemed so easy that it felt stupid
playing it. I think Filler is there with 10 ball right now. Hope he is lighting Shane's
fire..... I'm going to get some popcorn (if I can go to the store) for that one!

td

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a great match , I'd love to see Kristina and Fedor play Filler and Pia at the basement
I don't remember ever seeing such a nice couple as PIa and Joshua in pool reminds me of Jimmy and Chris in tennis before they broke up ,
It's a breath of fresh air and Joshua is quickly dispelling his detractors , that's one cool cat young man right there

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler has never actually done anything to deserve detractors. He is just young, successful and confident and that irrationally turns a certain type of person off.

Usually the same people, for whatever reason, who slurp it up when Earl stomps and raves all over the place and acts like a 3-year-old.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler has never actually done anything to deserve detractors. He is just young, successful and confident and that irrationally turns a certain type of person off.

Usually the same people, for whatever reason, who slurp it up when Earl stomps and raves all over the place and acts like a 3-year-old.

I agree but you saw a lot of people posting on his actions, I never had any problem with it
I love to see emotion in pool , but I also love to see Chang's silent confidence also
What I really like is when the 2 battle like Conners, Borg in tennis
It's must see stuff when the 2 such personalities collide

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live draw for 5 Predator items.
https://www.facebook.com/RoysBasement/videos/vb.1122251737866089/2867101713407153/

Final Day video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVvACrmmgDQ

Quite a thumping by Filler over Aranas close to SVB beating of Orcollo (almost 30% of race length). :)

lraces.JPG

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member

Umm, yeah, it does refer to the basement of Roy's house, as well as the business that grew out of it.

Roy started streaming stuff like top players practicing in his basement, on FB, in the beginning.

Now you know.

Eric

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I’ll be yet another to say that Filler is amazing to watch.
Clearly a cut above.
What we saw is the difference between a race horse and a thoroughbred.
One can come out of the gates quick, but the thoroughbred finishes
in going-away fashion.
Someone earlier said he is reminded of a young Earl. I get that.

Will Prout

Last edited:

realtor1618

Registered
Filler is reminding me of Earl in his prime.

Oh, to be young again. I remember when 9 ball seemed so easy that it felt stupid
playing it. I think Filler is there with 10 ball right now. Hope he is lighting Shane's
fire..... I'm going to get some popcorn (if I can go to the store) for that one!

td

Doubt that it happens. Shane said he is busy fishing according to Roy. Also, Shane wants a 10ball match but Filler wants a 9ball match. Roy basically said last night that Shane's 10ball break is too good for anybody on the planet right now.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
roy deserves big kudos for giving us top level pool entertainment in these weird times. i usually only watch 1p money matches but this was really good. i'll watch filler play anyone, even bergman.

is there another taker? they talked about a dominican guy playing last pocket 8-ball might come play

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
roy deserves big kudos for giving us top level pool entertainment in these weird times. i usually only watch 1p money matches but this was really good. i'll watch filler play anyone, even bergman.

is there another taker? they talked about a dominican guy playing last pocket 8-ball might come play

His name is also Reyes, but apparently he has a ton of special rules and stipulations to play

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think Aranas would have been tough for a lot of other players.

Me, too. James has established himself as one of the game's most dangerous players, but he went big game hunting here and just couldn't keep pace.

I think that, in tough action, he's not quite ready for any of

JL Chang
Filler
SVB
Shaw
Orcullo
Big Ko
Little Ko
Zheng
Raga
Wu Jiaqing

I'd put him more on a par with guys like

Liu Haitao
Kaci
Ouschan
Gorst
Biado
Chua
Cortezza
Alcaide
Kazakis

.. which means I don't yet see him as top ten caliber yet, but he plays as well as anyone else, and is, I believe, somewhere between eleventh and twentieth best in the world. The sky's the limit for Aranas, and he'll be fun to watch. Wishing him the best of luck as he continues to navigate the most elite level of the pro pool scene.