Aiming Forum Succumbs to Snowflakes?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You're more than welcome to do a video disproving it. I'd like to see it.

Mike Page and Dr. Dave are also more than welcome to take Stan's invitation to get on the table with him and prove where it goes wrong and doesn't work. Just in case you missed this morning's video with him saying it, here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP4ZbvCNLH8&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=49&t=0s

Regarding the quote below which you made:

"I think, overall, everyone, including myself, Dan, PJ, Joey and others here have said CTE can work for some people, not because the system is inherently sound but because it just comes with traits that can help some folks, whether they understand that or not."

Can you please copy and paste those posts or give the thread and post where it was said by each of you.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mike Page and Dr. Dave are also more than welcome to take Stan's invitation to get on the table with him and prove where it goes wrong and doesn't work. Just in case you missed this morning's video with him saying it, here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP4ZbvCNLH8&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=49&t=0s

Regarding the quote below which you made:

"I think, overall, everyone, including myself, Dan, PJ, Joey and others here have said CTE can work for some people, not because the system is inherently sound but because it just comes with traits that can help some folks, whether they understand that or not."

Can you please copy and paste those posts or give the thread and post where it was said by each of you.

I have no interest in going to YouTube, or Facebook, or twitter, or Instagram — maybe TikTok if Stan makes a music video :)

My interests at the moment are what’s said on AZ. AZ is not hard to find.

As to searching for quotes, here let me make it easy for you and repeat something I’ve said many times before: I think CTE can be of value to some players because it demands a consistent PSR. And, if a player has not been really focusing on the face of the OBs this will do it and that is a good thing. I believe this is why a good number of players find some success with the system.

My memory is not as good as it use to be but my recollection is that over the years the guys I mentioned have offered up variations along the same theme.

Lou Figueroa

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is about as disingenuous a video as I've seen. Stan is saying that he plays better than we do so his explanation as to what is happening is right and ours is wrong. He invites anybody to show where he is mistaken and that he wants to learn. I call BS on that. I produced at least one video that conclusively shows that Stan is wrong. You guys ignored it. It was the video on throw at varying shot speeds. I'm not even going to bother posting the link again because it always gets the same response -- crickets.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

[...]

I couldn't possibly show where "it" goes wrong, don't have an opinion on whether "it" goes wrong or whether "it goes wrong" is a meaningful phrase.

I haven't a clue what "it" is and whether it leads to a unique prediction or outcome that can be tested.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I couldn't possibly show where "it" goes wrong, don't have an opinion on whether "it" goes wrong or whether "it goes wrong" is a meaningful phrase.

I haven't a clue what "it" is and whether it leads to a unique prediction or outcome that can be tested.

And everyone who hasn't properly learned what "it" is should take your advice.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got 'Ghost Ball' figured out but the geometric results were altered by Collison/cut Induced Throw.
:wink:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
You're more than welcome to do a video disproving it.
The main criticism of CTE isn't that it can't help you learn to shoot better - it's that some of Stan's explanations of how it does that are blatantly and absurdly illogical - one obvious example: "it connects to the 2:1 geometry of the table".

So rise to your own constant "challenges" and show (or even just explain, since it's about the logic of it) how that single statement is logical and real - or even what it's supposed to mean. You don't have to prove CTE helps you or Stan or anybody shoot better - most of us on your "enemies list" agree it can and have said so consistently over the years. All you need to do is show that this one statement you believe about it is logical and true.

Or you could simply agree it isn't and save some time and pixels.

pj <- thanks for the well wishes, by the way - doing much better already
chgo

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
The main criticism of CTE isn't that it can't help you learn to shoot better - it's that some of Stan's explanations of how it does that are blatantly and absurdly illogical - one obvious example: "it connects to the 2:1 geometry of the table".

So rise to your own constant "challenges" and show (or even just explain, since it's about the logic of it) how that single statement is logical and real - or even what it's supposed to mean. You don't have to prove CTE helps you or Stan or anybody shoot better - most of us on your "enemies list" agree it can and have said so consistently over the years. All you need to do is show that this one statement you believe about it is logical and true.

Or you could simply agree it isn't and save some time and pixels.

chgo

Glad everything went okay and you're feeling better! :)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
chgo

Obviously. Don't overextend yourself. Here you were on death's bed to now having arisen like a Phoenix to continue your mission of destroying CTE and Stan.

Sorry to tell you that CTE will live far beyond you and me even though I'm about 30 years younger than you.

It's well and thriving here in the USA and in countries all around the world.

Say anything you wish. It didn't work for the last 22 years and it certainly won't now.

Amazing how you suddenly got religion in the hospital. LMAO

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The main criticism of CTE isn't that it can't help you learn to shoot better

Oh, I beg to differ on THAT statement! It's basically been called total BS by you and the gang because (according to you) it IS so flawed. All it comes down to are flaws.
Just to refresh my memory or something I missed in various posts, what ARE the positives and benefits of CTE as YOU "The High Priest Of Pool" see it, Mr. Virtual Pool?

- it's that some of Stan's explanations of how it does that are blatantly and absurdly illogical - one obvious example: "it connects to the 2:1 geometry of the table".

pj <-
chgo

Have you played on any pool tables that aren't a 2:1 table?

There are:

•7 Foot Size (standard bar size) Playing Surface is 38" W x 76" L

•7 Foot Diamond (diamond smart table) Playing Surface is 40" W x 80" L

•8 Foot Size (standard home size) Playing Surface 44" W x 88" L

•8 Foot OS (oversize or Pro 8) Playing Surface is 46" W x 92" L

•9 Foot Size (tournament) Playing Surface is 50" W x 100" L

•10 Foot Size (Carom or American Snooker) Playing Surface is 56" W x 112" L

•12 Foot Size (English Snooker) Playing Surface is 69.5" W x 139" L

CTE works on all of them. Each 2:1 No changes need to me made in visualization and alignment. Sounds logical to everyone who uses it and does it well, which you don't because you don't know how...are obstinate...and know everything there is to know about everything.

Actually Hal said it first years ago, not Stan. Hal was his teacher for a short period of time. Then Stan had to dig it out of the slate pretty much on his own.

Now, what are the other 197 areas you and those of your ilk are having problems with?

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Sorry to tell you that CTE will live far beyond you and me even though I'm about 30 years younger than you.
I'm not sorry at all - hope lots of players get better with it. Just stop with the nonsense about how it works.

I'll put it like CTE defenders do: when you've taken simple logic "to the table" and learned it, then you'll have a clue what I'm talking about.

pj <- not holding my breath
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Patrick Johnson:
The main criticism of CTE isn't that it can't help you learn to shoot better
Oh, I beg to differ on THAT statement! It's basically been called total BS by you and the gang because (according to you) it IS so flawed.
False. Quote a few examples of me saying anything like that. I'll wait.

Have you played on any pool tables that aren't a 2:1 table?
Good point. You just "proved" that every other system, method or lack of any that helps anybody play better must make the same "connections", so it's not a special feature of CTE at all.

You're definitely way better at playing pool than at this reasoning stuff.

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I'm not sorry at all - hope lots of players get better with it. Just stop with the nonsense about how it works.

How it works in the execution of it is the reason why players do get better with it.

pj <- not holding my breath
chgo

I hope not. Your heart needs all the oxygen it can get.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
False. Quote a few examples of me saying anything like that. I'll wait.

You've been saying it for 22 years. I know you'll wait. This forum is all you have to live for.

Good point. You just "proved" that every other system, method or lack of any that helps anybody play better must make the same "connections", so it's not a special feature of CTE at all.

All worthwhile systems make connections. It's how the player sees the connections and is able to make those connections with the two balls.

You're definitely way better at playing pool than at this reasoning stuff.

pj
chgo

Your reasoning is why you aren't better than you are at pool.