Who's Going? Super Billiard Expo 2018

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
My 9 yo son and I are going.

We are both registered for age appropriate Amateur events

And we have our hotel room booked & paid for. My 1st 2 Hotel choices were sold out. Rooms are booking up fast.

My son's event cost $10 to get in & with that he gets an all weekend pass to the expo.
I wasn't going to play in any of the events, but it would've cost me $60 for an all weekend expo pass.
The event I entered includes an all weekend expo pass and only cost a few dollars more than the expo pass by itself.
Kids force you out of your comfort zone.
That's probably a good thing.

OK, who else is going?

Last edited:

poolhound

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going. Staying there until Saturday. Never been at the new location so I'm curious to see how it is.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

And we have our hotel room booked & paid for.

My son's event cost $10 to get in & with that he gets an all weekend pass to the expo.
I wasn't going to play in any of the events, but it would've cost me $60 for an all weekend expo pass. The event I entered includes an all weekend expo pass and only cost a few dollars more than the expo pass by itself. Kids force you out of your comfort zone. That's probably a good thing.

OK, who else is going?

I'll be there from Wednesday to Sunday. Going to try having a pair of billiard glasses crafted by Curran Optical. If necessary I might be there on Tuesday.

You'll recognize me as I travel with my red JB Cases Butterfly with surprise, surprise "Cardiac Kid" embossed on it. Look forward to meeting you. Have a safe trip.

Lyn

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Yes yes yes

I am already registered and paid to play in the senior division. Been going since 1999. Bike week and the expo are my 2 favorite weeks of the year.

Thanks

Kevin

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
I`ll be there with the wife Friday midday till Saturday afternoon.
Been going every year since 1995
I`ll be looking for ya cardiac kid, always a good time seeing ya brother.
Maybe this year, I`ll be able to watch 1 or 2 of your matches.
Jeff

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there also Friday through Sunday not sure what I want to buy it but I'm bring in the cash haven't missed an expo Yet!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And we have our hotel room booked & paid for. My 1st 2 Hotel choices were sold out. Rooms are booking up fast.

I wasn't going to play in any of the events, but it would've cost me $60 for an all weekend expo pass.
The event I entered includes an all weekend expo pass and only cost a few dollars more than the expo pass by itself.
Kids force you out of your comfort zone.
That's probably a good thing.

OK, who else is going?

They have a fee for the junior events now?

Not that $10 is much with a pass to the expo but first time it cost anything. I can't go this year, and my son is too old now for the junior tournament which is the only reason I went the other two times I was there.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
They have a fee for the junior events now?
Not that $10 is much with a pass to the expo but first time it cost anything. I can't go this year, and my son is too old now for the junior tournament which is the only reason I went the other two times I was there.

The Junior events are still free, and the Expo is free to anyone age 13 & under.
The $10 was a fee to register online as opposed to via snail mail.

If anyone wants to say "Hi!" I'll be wearing 1 of these 2 shirts, LOL! -Z-

Attachments

• Pool T-shirts.png
    Pool T-shirts.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 855
Last edited:

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe the 10.00 is for a weekend pass for the kids. I think it's free for the kids entry in the tournament. I will be there Thursday & Friday with my son and a couple friends. I go every year to play and shop and watch key match's in the open. I will put my 8 year old Grandson in next year or the year after, he will be ready by then if he keeps playing like he is.

Last edited:

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I'm so pissed. Hoping my job finishes before Expo does. It's gonna be close.
I look forward to this every year.
I'll be right up the road at the Limerick Nuke Plant. Making sure all your lights stay on!! Lol

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
The Junior events are still free, and the Expo is free to anyone age 13 & under.
The $10 was a fee to register online as opposed to via snail mail.

If anyone wants to say "Hi!" I'll be wearing 1 of these 2 shirts, LOL! -Z-

Depends if you're feeling your TCOM or PHJ self huh?

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’ll be there Friday night throughout Sunday. Should have my new cue by then so that’ll be cool.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I went once. It was the dead of Winter there and we had to drive a few miles from our hotel in bad weather each day to reach a crowded parking lot that was mostly on wet dirt piled with snow. It was hard to find a place to park and even harder to get out afterwards.

Inside it was like a three ring circus with all the stuff going on. The Expo itself was on one floor and the action room was in the basement. I bought a couple of things and was challenged to play a game where all the balls are racked in a circular pattern and you must stay inside the circle and make them all without missing to win. Anyone doing it would win a free set-up for playing the game. I watched a couple of guys try it and then they asked if I wanted a turn, so I said sure, why not. I did it successfully on the first try and they asked for my address where to send it and I gave it to them. I'm still waiting fifteen years later for it to arrive and when it does I plan to go back. :)

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went once. It was the dead of Winter there and we had to drive a few miles from our hotel in bad weather each day to reach a crowded parking lot that was mostly on wet dirt piled with snow. It was hard to find a place to park and even harder to get out afterwards.

Inside it was like a three ring circus with all the stuff going on. The Expo itself was on one floor and the action room was in the basement. I bought a couple of things and was challenged to play a game where all the balls are racked in a circular pattern and you must stay inside the circle and make them all without missing to win. Anyone doing it would win a free set-up for playing the game. I watched a couple of guys try it and then they asked if I wanted a turn, so I said sure, why not. I did it successfully on the first try and they asked for my address where to send it and I gave it to them. I'm still waiting fifteen years later for it to arrive and when it does I plan to go back. :)

If you really want a rack-a-round I can get you one.... :grin:

78380d3230839c1b8524add991479926--news--rack.jpg

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Gonna try but probably working 6 days a week at that point. I know I'll have to work Sunday night for sure.
Jason

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I plan on going. Waiting on a buddy to let me know if he's up for the road trip.:thumbup:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’ll be there at some point and leave at some point, just like every year.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be there Thursday-Sunday at the min. Most people know where to find me but if you need a hint(Omega).
Because of my new work responsibilities I will not be able to be in booth everyday open to close. That also means I may have some time to actually enjoy the expo some.

If you need anything from the booth let me know and I will do my all to get you the best price possible.