The Action Challenge

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Flyer.jpg

We have put a lot of work into this and with much help from the players and other supporters we have managed to put together what we think is going to be one of the best events in a long time.

The Action Challenge.

2 Champions. 2 Days. 1 Winner.

U.S. Open Champion Corey Deuel vs. World 10 Ball Champion Shane Van Boening in a $10,000 entry, 2 man Invitational. Race to 100, 10 Ball, Winner Breaks, rack your own. Play begins on Friday and continues until the first player reaches 50 games. They will break for the evening and return Saturday to finish the event.

We have worked hard to provide the capability to provide Live coverage via PayPerView Internet Streaming. There will be complete live coverage with commentary from beginning to end. The price is $10 per day.

This is the type of event we want to see, so with the help of the players and others, we are going to make it happen.

More info is available in our newest podcast at www.theactionreport.com

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool ! On my bday, no less :p
What table will this be on ? bar table or 9-footer ?

I'll definitely buy this one:cool:

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Awesome! Really something great to look forward to. These two are so evenly matched also. Wow!

You're like Santa Clause to us now!!!

PS- Next to the milk and cookies is a note. It says...

Dear Action Report,

I have been a good pool shooter this whole year. I even brushed the table when we were done playing. I practiced a lot and bet it up when I could. So I have just one request with this SVB vs CD match up. Can you please tape it onto a DVD so we can watch it again and again and again and again?
Gee Santa, err, I mean Justin, Chad, etc., you guys are swell!
Thanx & XOXOXO
Terry

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
TorranceChris said:
Cool ! On my bday, no less :p
What table will this be on ? bar table or 9-footer ?

I'll definitely buy this one:cool:
Match is to be played on a brand new 9' Diamond that is being delivered a couple of days before the event.

No gaffe table, no "house roll". Brand new Table, brand new Simonis Tour Blue 860.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Action

As Elvis said, 'A little more action, a little less talk' .... LOL

Should be a great match. I am going with the new kid on the block, Shane, rather than the old kid, Corey.

Being a Sr. Software Analyst and former publisher of 'The Green Felt' locally, I just want to complement whoever designed the flyer for this competition. It is very well done, with good info on it, in fonts that are legible, and organized well.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Snapshot9 said:
As Elvis said, 'A little more action, a little less talk' .... LOL

Should be a great match. I am going with the new kid on the block, Shane, rather than the old kid, Corey.

Being a Sr. Software Analyst and former publisher of 'The Green Felt' locally, I just want to complement whoever designed the flyer for this competition. It is very well done, with good info on it, in fonts that are legible, and organized well.
As Elvis would say.."Thank you....Thank you very much."

I used to do lots of email flyers for bars and restaurants.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was a marathon match ever considered? no break at 50 racks? I would love to see whose stroke is still holding up at 20 hours. How will the stream compare to the Shooters events?

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
would anyone like to bet on this match? Jay, I know Shane is your boy. Would you care for any side action?

smokeandapancak

what?
Silver Member
ROCK THE "F" ON!!!!

you guys are awesome.....

this is want WE need....well maybe not need..but this is SOOOOwhat we WANT!

you guys have a lot different ways you could go with this... if it grows enough...... I have some pretty good ideas... might send you a pm

Last edited:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
xianmacx said:
Was a marathon match ever considered? no break at 50 racks? I would love to see whose stroke is still holding up at 20 hours. How will the stream compare to the Shooters events?
We wanted to make this a great event for everyone. the Players, the fans in attendance and everyone who watches on line. We think this format gives us the best of all worlds.

Long race. 6-8 hour sessions. But still not too long for most people to watch in one setting. We know we can't please everyone but we are going to do our best :D :D

The streaming is going to be night and day better than the Olathe event. There will be a chat function for those who wish to use it as well as a live scoreboard that will be updated each game.

One thing we can't control is the viewers download speed. If a person has poor download speed the quality will definitely not be the same. Anyone on cable or dsl should be okay as long as their speed is reasonable.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Long race. 6-8 hour sessions. But still not too long for most people to watch in one setting. We know we can't please everyone but we are going to do our best

I hope you didn't take that as a gripe, I cant wait to watch the event, in any format. I predict very big things for you guys.

Have you guys thought about contacting Diamond and working something out at the DCC? A streamed table for the afterhour action?

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
xianmacx said:
I hope you didn't take that as a gripe, I cant wait to watch the event, in any format. I predict very big things for you guys.

Have you guys thought about contacting Diamond and working something out at the DCC? A streamed table for the afterhour action?
No...no offense taken:D

We would love to do something at the Derby. It's the crown jewel. Stay tuned. :D

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
John Barton said:
I am in. $20 - NO PROBLEM - I hope you all MAKE MILLIONS

Seriously, this rocks!!!!

John
Thanks for your support John. I ain't holding my breath on the millions.

Break even would be outstanding.:D