Jimmy Wetch

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
Just saw on facebook that Jimmy Wetch was killed last night in a car wreck. It was reported by Ronnie Wiseman.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
That is horrible news. Jimmy was one of my favorite players. He was a world class player who ran a top shelf room.

RIP Jimmy, condolences to his his family and friends.

Joe T

Awesome, Hi Jimmy. You're not alone, someone once called me from the US Open to see if I was alive, lol Enjoy your day ;)

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
So thankful this is a bad rumor! Jimmy is a real nice guy and great player!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well then my condolences as well to the family and friends of the player who did die. Glad to hear that Jimmy Wetch is ok though.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
On the phone with Jimmy right now. He is fine.

Wow, that was Brutal..:eek:..I'm relieved that the rumors of Jimmy's death were vastly exaggerated! Glad I read on quickly, still queezy. Jimmy's a class act and we've spent MANY hours playing each other. Rock on Jimmy. :cool:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it was Jimmy Wietecha that was killed in the accident. A good player from MI. I knew him very little but always smiling and funny. Very nice guy. RIP.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Wiseman probably posted about that. Not Wetch.

My condolences to his family. Jimmy was a good guy and very good player. Apparently, he was outside his vehicle also when he was killed. They think another driver hit him and didn't stop. He was outside with his keys in his hand. Then the other driver pulled over to help, and she also got hit. Then a semi jackknifed into all of them.

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to here the Kid is still with us great player Minnesota road block in the late 80s to the early 00's till he focused more on his buisness reminds me a lot of CJ really high gear both run great places

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the best threads I've ever read and contributed to on this forum was the one about Jimmy Wetch getting car-jacked. His beloved pet "Junior" was in the car when it was stolen in front of a convenience store. Jimmy was on his way home from his pool room. It was one of those FREEZING cold Minnesota nights, about 2 or 3 a.m. in the morning. He left the car running. When he came out, the only thing he could see was Junior's eyes staring at him as his car was being driven away by the thieves. It was heartbreaking, Jimmy losing Junior. Check it out: Car jacking Jimmy Wetch.

I also helped contribute content and a photo (taken at IPT Vegas in July 2006) to his Wiki article: Jimmy Wetch.

I always liked this picture of Jimmy taken at the U.S. Open in 2003. Keith was getting sick and tired of me asking to pose for a picture with all the players. He made a wisecrack right as I snapped this photo. Jimmy was laughing, and Keith had that Keith look that only Keith can do. :grin:

Attachments

• Jimmy Wetch and Keith at 2003 Open.JPG
    Jimmy Wetch and Keith at 2003 Open.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 750

obe1

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jimmy

I was blown away when i read Jacks post last night..I had to turn off the computor .....Jimmy greeted me on my first visit to his room like i was a old friend ...Just a hell of a great player and human...

Now this morning he is ok...WOW that is good news.....

RIP to Jim in MI...

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember talking with him one year at the US Open, he did not know me at all but you would have never known that by how polite he was in ans.my question.I remember thinking that Pool needed more players like him.I am very happy he is alright, he is a professional.