Jackpot Cues

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha, how did I flame you?

Oh no, shining a light on bad behavior is negative forum culture.

Daring to question your sphere of influence is somehow attacking you.

As a functional adult, you taking that victim mindset is pretty shameful and you should be embarrassed.

women...:rolleyes:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll look for you on Facebook. Hope work is going well and you're still cookin' up a storm!

Ps. Over 5,000 friends and no room for me??

Always have room for you. Send me friend request again. ;)

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

Though there are some great members here, the majority today enjoy having fun at the expense of another's feelings.

Always enjoy your posts, but I beg to differ on this one sentence.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Outrage?

Maybe I should be outraged but I’m not.
When Dean pitched the concept of Jackpot cues, I never thought Jack was buying equipment, setting up shop, and cutting down a bunch of trees for 10 cues.

All the people that are pissed off aren't ones that bought a cue, I don’t get it. The only thing I bought from Dean is a book, which I enjoyed very much, but I imagine if I didn’t like it I probably could have returned it.

This isn’t just about the Jackpot cues, I think Dean’s approach is like nails on a chalkboard to some. I usually find it entertaining and enjoyable. Sometimes I roll my eyes and just move on.

Dean, you’re half carney and half Encyclopedia Britannica salesman, keep on keeping on!

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I'll say this up front - I have no skin in the game. I learned a long time ago to not fall for cheap thrills.

Having typed the above, I cannot for the life of me understand the "respected" members of this forum backing such behavior. For no other reason than "Dean is a good guy". The premise of his past exploits or dealings here have no bearing on his absolute shill sales tactics in regards to the "Jackpot" cues. This is the exact behavior for which Leon Sly was lambasted. I can name others now fallen from favor: Eason, Forney, Wheat, Zinzola. It seems there are hundreds on the "do not deal with" list for the same tactics. These cues were misrepresented in every way, in the beginning. I remember a post in which it was stated Jack was going to use someone else's equipment, HIMSELF. Not someone else was going to make the cues under his quality control. Which, from the look of the cues and pointed out by ideologist, was nonexistent. I've heard from others that Dean "takes care of people". Cue makers and customers, alike. That's nice. Seems his overabundance of moral code somehow failed him in this venture. He, also, sent a PM to me with a half-assed offer for some of my micarta. Talk about hypocrisy. I guess he chooses whom he favors. But, Dean chooses not to curse on an open forum. Mighty ivory of you, Dean.
Who received the $5k from the first batch of cues? Was it chopped up between Dean, Jack, and the mystery builder? Definitely worked out well enough for a second go round, huh? That's a quick $10k for a guy who just signed up to support the forum. Let me point out that I, too, have yet to contribute.
Add to this spotlight, Dean continues to use this forum as his playground. There is, right now, a thread in the Sale area that should not be.
Past exploits and guise of a harmless old man are no excuse for his current behavior.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Having typed the above, I cannot for the life of me understand the "respected" members of this forum backing such behavior. For no other reason than "Dean is a good guy".

We have to cut them some slack. Dean has long time friends, customers and associates. I believe he's called on them to show support and has done so with fanfare and drama. They still are respected members just trying to show support for their friend.

Last edited:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
We have to cut them some slack. Dean has long time friends, customers and associates. I believe he's called on them to show support and has done so with fanfare and drama. They still are respected members just trying to show support for their friend.

I would rather my friends be honest.

"Respected" maybe; yet diminished.

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean, who made the cues?

Dean, I've bought cues from you and a Gregory pool table, all for a fair price. Just tell us who physically made Jack's cues? I'm certain you're not hiding anything to cheat AZers, that's not in your nature. However, your silence is only feeding the misunderstanding; tell us who physically built the cues.....

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll say this up front - I have no skin in the game. I learned a long time ago to not fall for cheap thrills.

Having typed the above, I cannot for the life of me understand the "respected" members of this forum backing such behavior. For no other reason than "Dean is a good guy". The premise of his past exploits or dealings here have no bearing on his absolute shill sales tactics in regards to the "Jackpot" cues. This is the exact behavior for which Leon Sly was lambasted. I can name others now fallen from favor: Eason, Forney, Wheat, Zinzola. It seems there are hundreds on the "do not deal with" list for the same tactics. These cues were misrepresented in every way, in the beginning. I remember a post in which it was stated Jack was going to use someone else's equipment, HIMSELF. Not someone else was going to make the cues under his quality control. Which, from the look of the cues and pointed out by ideologist, was nonexistent. I've heard from others that Dean "takes care of people". Cue makers and customers, alike. That's nice. Seems his overabundance of moral code somehow failed him in this venture. He, also, sent a PM to me with a half-assed offer for some of my micarta. Talk about hypocrisy. I guess he chooses whom he favors. But, Dean chooses not to curse on an open forum. Mighty ivory of you, Dean.
Who received the $5k from the first batch of cues? Was it chopped up between Dean, Jack, and the mystery builder? Definitely worked out well enough for a second go round, huh? That's a quick $10k for a guy who just signed up to support the forum. Let me point out that I, too, have yet to contribute.
Add to this spotlight, Dean continues to use this forum as his playground. There is, right now, a thread in the Sale area that should not be.
Past exploits and guise of a harmless old man are no excuse for his current behavior.
Who are you going to believe, the usual crew of forum regulars or your lying eyes?

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Who are you going to believe, the usual crew of forum regulars or your lying eyes?

My post wasn't for me; it's for the masses, and especially for those who purchased a cue to ponder. Snake oil is still snake oil.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
My post wasn't for me; it's for the masses, and especially for those who purchased a cue to ponder. Snake oil is still snake oil.

I am not sure what point Skip was trying to make. It could be read different ways.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean, I've bought cues from you and a Gregory pool table, all for a fair price. Just tell us who physically made Jack's cues? I'm certain you're not hiding anything to cheat AZers, that's not in your nature. However, your silence is only feeding the misunderstanding; tell us who physically built the cues.....

I have over 30000 posts.

I have more right to know than you.

Laughable.