Ko pin yi going to bca nationals Las Vegas

imissedthe9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko pin yi will be at bca for the us open 10 ball and 8 ball. I don't think he's bringing a backer but maybe someone can stake him against Shane or maybe tar can set something up. He is one of the best in Taiwan and is known for his 10 ball break.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ko pin yi will be at bca for the us open 10 ball and 8 ball. I don't think he's bringing a backer but maybe someone can stake him against Shane or maybe tar can set something up. He is one of the best in Taiwan and is known for his 10 ball break.

I will ask my friend if Ko Pin Yi would be interested in playing Shane on TAR and then if the answer is yes then put them in touch with Justin to work out the details if the timing works out.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this the smart thing to do?

If Ko Pin Yi is good enough to consider this, it's probably the last thing he should do. He should have planned to be in Vegas starting with the VNEA tourney and staying through July and been robbing all of the short stops coming through first.

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
If Ko Pin Yi is good enough to consider this, it's probably the last thing he should do. He should have planned to be in Vegas starting with the VNEA tourney and staying through July and been robbing all of the short stops coming through first.

Not that he would want to go and rob people being somewhat of a celebrity in his own country, but its not like he is unknown by any means. I doubt trying to sneak up on short stops would be a smart or easy thing to do.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

Because:

A. There is so much action at the VNEA and even Vegas in general.
B. Its so easy to make games with people who speak a different language than you.

You got some holes in your master plan there.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I will ask my friend if Ko Pin Yi would be interested in playing Shane on TAR and then if the answer is yes then put them in touch with Justin to work out the details if the timing works out.

I'm not sure how the schedule will work out but if he is interested and Shane is down I would certainly like to do something. I'm guessing it would be a one day one set deal but I'm open to whatever.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Stop messing around and get WU he is their best! The smack down SVB has unleashed warrants a true test.

Kd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that he would want to go and rob people being somewhat of a celebrity in his own country, but its not like he is unknown by any means. I doubt trying to sneak up on short stops would be a smart or easy thing to do.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think 10% of the US players would know the guy if he walked into a tourney venue at the Rio.

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think 10% of the US players would know the guy if he walked into a tourney venue at the Rio.

They probably wouldn't, but it only takes 1 guy with an iphone to blow everything after he shows a little speed.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because:

B. Its so easy to make games with people who speak a different language than you.

A. Not that I was suggesting he could get sets for 10k, but I'd think he could make some decent cash at the Rio. Many of those higher level league players look to match up with people from other areas while in Vegas.
B. I guess this is the big one. Didn't know he didn't speak English. I'm sure most would shy away if he needed an interpreter to make a game for him. Knowing how China has become known as a pool player factory.

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
He actually speaks a little English. I spoke with him a little at the Japan Open a few years ago.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only english he needs to know is, "Excuse me, sir. Would you be interested in the 6 out and the breaks for $10,000 or more?"

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
The only english he needs to know is, "Excuse me, sir. Would you be interested in the 6 out and the breaks for $10,000 or more?"

The only people that would be interested in that game are people that can beat him with it. Offering the nuts to everyone right off the bat is a terrible way to make money.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
A. Not that I was suggesting he could get sets for 10k, but I'd think he could make some decent cash at the Rio. Many of those higher level league players look to match up with people from other areas while in Vegas.
B. I guess this is the big one. Didn't know he didn't speak English. I'm sure most would shy away if he needed an interpreter to make a game for him. Knowing how China has become known as a pool player factory.

Regarding A its my experience at big amateur events in Vegas or anywhere for that matter that is extremely rare for people to want to match up with a complete unknown. I can't count how many times I have seen guys from the same state fly half way across the country to an event filled with people they have never played before and up playing each other.

Players like Ko or Wu or whoever maybe unknown to the average guy but I guarantee all it would take is a couple phone calls and picture messages and the word would be out that there was a monster on the loose.

Now take a guy from Asia that hasnt played in all the big international events bring him here and work him in the system slowly and sure you may get some action but I bet it still would not be worth the hassle. There just isnt that much money in action pool anymore.

imissedthe9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stop messing around and get WU he is their best! The smack down SVB has unleashed warrants a true test.

Kd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Ko pin yi beat SVB in the Guiness World Series 10 ball Championships.

Shane has stated in Tar Podcast I believe. That the player he would like to play from overseas is Ko Pin Yi.

SVB wants revenge.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko pin yi beat SVB in the Guiness World Series 10 ball Championships.

Shane has stated in Tar Podcast I believe. That the player he would like to play from overseas is Ko Pin Yi.

SVB wants revenge.

Then let's get ready to rumble!!! :grin-square:

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes yes..Give me a reason to go to the Tar studio and get wasted with cleary while we shark ppl..

Last edited:

dynamite

Gold Member
wu,chang and ko pin yi the best 3 players from china/tiawan

i know that chang beat shane for money in manila..

all 3 guys got huge breaks and 3 of the best players in the world...all 3 would be in my top 8 current best players in the world.

some big potential match ups for sure.

i think ko pin yi got the best break in the world and other two guys break great also.lol.

all 3 of them plus more coming to BCA.. field will be sick this year

dynamite

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chang jung lin you mean ? or chang yu lung ? he is a monster also....taiwanese are very very strong...

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
Because:

Oh he speaks English better then 90%of pool players. Just ask the cueball.:thumbup: