Dr. Dave just retired from his "day job"

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
So, are you gonna start competing, maybe on the tour or something like that...?
I wish I were young enough and good enough for that.

Now that you have stable money coming in, you can go places, meet some people & have some fun.
I plan to.

I was going to send you an email, but I will ask the question here, because there may be others that want to know.

Do you have any lessons or charts on how to "tie the dots on the rails together. Something like the old Hoppe book....?
Sorry, but I don't know what "tie the dots on the rails together" means. If you are referring to diamond systems for aiming kick and bank shots, I have lots of those described, illustrated, and demonstrated here:

kick and bank shot diamond systems

Regards,
Dave

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Learned a lot from your videos, enjoy your retirement, I'll be looking forward to see what you offer us in the future.

jmarcum1984

Registered
Congrats on the retirement! This is year 30 for me in public school (high school). I will continue to read your pool teaching posts and look forward to hearing of your travels. Maybe I will see you at Mosconi 2021!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Geesh, how many careers has this silly game ruined? Here we have a guy who has a decent job. He gets hooked on pool and a few years later, poof -- the career is over.

[Congrats, Dave. Thanks for what you have done; I look forward to what you will do.]

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Geesh, how many careers has this silly game ruined? Here we have a guy who has a decent job. He gets hooked on pool and a few years later, poof -- the career is over.

[Congrats, Dave. Thanks for what you have done; I look forward to what you will do.]
I like your post.

Thanks,
Dave (looking forward to well-spent retirement to make up for not enough misspent youth)

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrtats Dr. D on your retirement. I'm 6 months ahead of you and I can tell you it is wonderful. Enjoy, the other Dr. D

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations on your retirement Dr. Dave:thumbup:

Thank you for your hard work and excellent information and collaborations to help so many who love the game of pool.

Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year !

-Kat,

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Maybe the best Christmas present you could give yourself.

Congratulations!

Looking forward to new material from you. Thanks for all you do.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations. In my first winter of retirement I bought a season pass and skied every nice day all winter. In the spring, summer and fall I rode my motorcycles every day, nice or not. This retirement thing is not easy, it's a lot of hard work. But somebody has got to do it.

I really look forward to all your new videos, cause I ski and ride better than I shoot pool.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Congratulations! I can tell from the video that you had a great rapport with your students and there was a real excitement in your lab.

Hopefully I'll retire in a few years. I have 24 years now of federal service. Love my job, but it does keep me from competing or traveling to pool events as much as I'd like to, so I understand your decision.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations on your retirement. It's great that you have an interest that will fill your time. I admire those of us who are able to retire on their own terms in their own time.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I were a rich millionaire, I’d engage Dave to start America’s national billiard academy where pros and
amateurs alike can attend to master the nuances of playing great pool. Dave is truly a unique person in
so many respects and his passion for the purity of pocket billiards is unmatched anywhere by anyone.
He has more to contribute to the game we all have come to love than any of us truly realize and his
approach is basic, understandable and applicable as well. Dave deserves our applause & appreciation.

Matt B.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I were a rich millionaire, I’d engage Dave to start America’s national billiard academy where pros and
amateurs alike can attend to master the nuances of playing great pool. Dave is truly a unique person in
so many respects and his passion for the purity of pocket billiards is unmatched anywhere by anyone.
He has more to contribute to the game we all have come to love than any of us truly realize and his
approach is basic, understandable and applicable as well. Dave deserves our applause & appreciation.
That is very kind of you to say. I really appreciate all of the supportive posts by so many people. This has been my best Christmas present ever.

Best regards and Merry Christmas to everybody,
Dave

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is very kind of you to say. I really appreciate all of the supportive posts by so many people. This has been my best Christmas present ever.

Best regards and Merry Christmas to everybody,
Dave

Soo, dave thanks for your service and all that...

Now that you're going to start playing more tourneys,,,are you expecting to get in the grease more too ? (i.e. u gonna get into a little more gambling or what ??)

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations Doc, not many people hang in at one organization long enough to draw a retirement anymore, good on you!

I look forward to seeing more of your content and if you ever find yourself in the San Fransisco Bay Area give me a buzz.