Shaw/ Bergman- OFF

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also agree it's a crap thing to happen. Past experience is what's making him stay home, I'd be leary too.
Jason

Jason,be honest, if pocket size was the REAL reason jason is no showing,would he not say" we agreed on "x" pocket size and then at the last minute they changed it" ...if that was the case jason would be producing texts,emails,etc... To prove his point. I know Dayne miller(the owner and promoter) and he would NEVER pull a move...he WANTS this to go off without a hitch and would do anything in his power to make ALL players involved happy. You CANNOT believe that jason waits until the day of the event,ADMITS he has backup plans to fly overseas,and NEVER once asked the promoter POCKET SIZE...if that was THE deciding factor in whether he was playing or not??? You strike me as an intelligent person,just be objective and look at it man.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Yes, no doubt Jayson, who got to Round 10 in the nine ball at Derby City, is trembling at the thought of playing Bergman, who got all the way to Round 6.
What, after all, could be more scary than that?

Ummm, his own fragile mind according to his own account. Oh no a cigarette break after an hour. Ooh quit sharking me.

Last edited:

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ummm, his own fragile mind according to his own account. Oh no a cigarette break after an hour. Ooh quit sharing me.

Lol shaw is showing his weakness. He simply didn,t want to play,but didn,t want to come off as being scared. Surely its obvious if you,re objective. (And i "might " have been going to bet his side) but never again would i risk a dollar on somebody as mentally weak as he appears to be.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And just in case anyone doubts me on dayne millers credibility,simply go to john shmidts facebook. Dayne posted on it for over 9 weeks ago"4.25 inch pockets and worn in cloth so balls won,t slide in" shaw has known this for 2 months and yet some(very few) are still trying to defend him. He was LOOKING for a way out OR his stakehorse pulled up on him after hearing some of his excuses. I personally don,t think the latter is out of the question! Dayne put up 5k a few months ago and let corey and danny smith play an exhibition"cjallenge " match. Nobody wants pool and pool players to get paid more than Dayne. I actually think he takes losses sometime,but he wants all of us,the fans,to get to see the best play the best,period.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin.....

Attachments

• 20190205_222124.jpg
    20190205_222124.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 696

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190205-222139_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190205-222139_Chrome.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 716

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not like this was Bergman's homeroom. Berg drove 10hrs to get there. They're both playing on the same table! It'll be the first time both playing on the table. Shaw could ask for 10hrs of practice time.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So in other words Shaw wants a table loose as a pirate hooker or he ain’t playing. I’ll shoot 3 ptrs with any living NBA player if I can throw my ball into the bed of a pick up truck.

You would have action as long as the truck bed was 10' in the air.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iceberg appreciation post..I love the way he plays and I don't know him from adam (don't know him either), but based on what I seen he conducts himself well.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
iceberg appreciation post..I love the way he plays and I don't know him from adam (don't know him either), but based on what I seen he conducts himself well.

Agreed, Justin is an elite player, probably America's third best right nine ball player now behind Shane and Skyler.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Yes from what I just saw on Facebook that it is now Bergman vs Corey. 8 ball bar box. Best 3 out of 5 sets. Corey gets 3 on 30 per set.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw is scared.I don’t know why but he is.I just read through all the FB garbage for 45 minutes and Shaw comes off IMHO as a real classless punk and the room owner come off as a stand up guy.Text messages of “tell me exactly what you need and we will have it perfect by the time you walk in.”

This is why pool sucks.

FreeShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree. I like Bergman's style. Was looking forward to seeing this match. It's a shame it's not going to happen.

jwilliams

Lapsus calami!
Silver Member
Yes, no doubt Jayson, who got to Round 10 in the nine ball at Derby City, is trembling at the thought of playing Bergman, who got all the way to Round 6.
What, after all, could be more scary than that?

Probably the fact that Justin beat Kevin Cheng, and Shaw can't beat him either.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
To me this screams bad pre-match communications all over it. And some issues and excuses trying to get it back on.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i don't know shaw but my assessment of his character is that he is hot tempered and stubborn. so when he heard about the table arrangement not being what they had agreed on and he had practised for, he got pissed. and there was probably no going back from there, no matter what concessions the other side made. i doubt he is "scared" or thinks bergman is a better tight pocket player than he is. i can agree that he is classless though