Shaw/ Bergman- OFF

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Translation of all this is slumping Shaw can't beat nitro Bergman which he would face in a series this long

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Just swap the rails from a standard table and put fresh cloth on the table and let the show go on!
What’s so hard about that...?
It’s simple...

Rob.M

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New match now guys......

Ok it's going to be Corey Deuel vs Justin Bergman

Races to 30 Best 3 out 5 sets 8 Ball and Corey is getting 3 games on the wire handicap each race.

Entry fee is 24k each player and PoolActionTV & Steakhorse Billiards are adding another 8k for a total 56K purse.

Jeremy Jones is doing the commentary

Official flyer and all details coming soon

Schedule.....

Friday one set to 30 5pm

Sat 1 set 5pm

Sun 2 sets Noon and 7pm

If it splits We have Monday night 8 Ball one set for it all

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New match now guys......

Races to 30 Best 3 out 5 sets 8 Ball and Corey is getting 3 games on the wire handicap each race.

Entry fee is 24k each player and PoolActionTV & Steakhorse Billiards are adding another 8k for a total 56K purse.

Schedule.....

Friday one set to 30 5pm

Sat 1 set 5pm

Sun 2 sets Noon and 7pm

Are they playing on a bar table? If so, I’m surprised Corey would get a spot. He is one of the best bar table 8 ball players

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes from what I just saw on Facebook that it is now Bergman vs Corey. 8 ball bar box. Best 3 out of 5 sets. Corey gets 3 on 30 per set.

So- it is on a bar table. I’m not a betting man, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Corey won- seems to me that he doesn’t need a spot

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw has every right to ensure the equipment is what he agreed to.

Bergman has every right to be mad.

What the railbirds think,unless they have skin in the game, doesn't really matter.

IMO, the communication for this match was very poor. I blame the organizers.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New match now guys......

Schedule.....

Friday one set to 30 5pm

Sat 1 set 5pm

Sun 2 sets Noon and 7pm

God bless Big Truck and Jeremy Jones. Love this team.

This is a good example of making something happen, making lemonade out of a lemon.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i don't know shaw but my assessment of his character is that he is hot tempered and stubborn. so when he heard about the table arrangement not being what they had agreed on and he had practised for, he got pissed. and there was probably no going back from there, no matter what concessions the other side made. i doubt he is "scared" or thinks bergman is a better tight pocket player than he is. i can agree that he is classless though

This is truth.

He lost a lot of fans. You have to consider all the time and expense people went through. The dissappointnent of fans. All the guys who were traveling in with VIP seating.

If you are gonna be a hothead fine. Just let the anger fuel you.

Attachments

• 05180dedce6f759238939cac81e09f039943d2-retina-thumbnail-large.jpg
    05180dedce6f759238939cac81e09f039943d2-retina-thumbnail-large.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I won't go into any details here but Jayson may have some personal issues he needs to get handled moving forward. These issues could well be affecting his judgement and playing ability. I wish him the best getting them resolved for his own good.

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

What the railbirds think,unless they have skin in the game, doesn't really matter.

I could not blame the organizers!

The fact is that the players are responsible for the details prior to agreeing to the match!

Just my opinion!

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won't go into any details here but Jayson may have some personal issues he needs to get handled moving forward. These issues could well be affecting his judgement and playing ability. I wish him the best getting them resolved for his own good.

Sad if true. But you probably should have kept that private. Or at least that's my opinion.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just swap the rails from a standard table and put fresh cloth on the table and let the show go on!
What’s so hard about that...?
It’s simple...

Rob.M
Exactly what I posted last night - and it confirms it moreso hearing it from a reputable table mechanic like yourself.

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CNN just reported that Shaw backing out and this match not happening is 100% Trump's fault!:thumbup:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am not sure that what we think here doesn't matter, after all we are consumers that help support pros (albeit, not very lucratively). Our PPV dollars, tickets to tourneys, concessions, etc. all go to support pool. It's one thing to branded the villian or "heel", it's another thing to be branded a coward. I don't believe Shaw is scared, he has played for more money than a lot of folks, but perception is important, and it doesn't look good.

Seems like there are a lot of people vouching for the room owner? Was the table to be played on any tighter than the tables at DCC or TS?

Man, I ain't ever going to disparage a man trying to protect his money, but it sure seems that if Shaw was as anxious to get this rematch on as folks say he was, there were plenty of concessions made my JB and the folks on sight to get this done.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I'm just a banger with little to no knowledge of the inner workings of a matchup, but tight pockets is the deal-breaker???

I believe I read it right here in the Main Forum some time ago that Jayson Shaw has a Chinese 8-ball table set up in his house for practice.

And he's pulling out because of tight pockets?

Maniac (in a discussion I have no business being in :embarrassed2:)

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
My assessment is that standard sized 4 1/2 inch pockets with new cloth would absolutely help Shaw in this match. Bergman is much more calculating and precise with his cue ball control, and Shaw plays best, when he's loose and playing fast.

To me, this was in fact a huge factor in the match. Of course Shaw is a great shotmaker regardless of pocket size, but in a match against someone like Bergman, who is so deliberate and calculating, Shaw needed the standard pockets and new cloth to have the best chance to win IMO.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The man has his reasons, which may or may not have been disclosed.

Somehow, we'll find the strength to go on...and hopefully find ways that can help avoid similar snafus going forward.

Maybe he has horrible diarrhea. Don't know, doesn't matter.

He has his own justification for the change and it works for him. Whaddya gonna do.

Shit happens.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
The man has his reasons, which may or may not have been disclosed.

Somehow, we'll find the strength to go on...and hopefully find ways that can help avoid similar snafus going forward.

Maybe he has horrible diarrhea. Don't know, doesn't matter.

He has his own justification for the change and it works for him. Whaddya gonna do.

Shit happens.

Yep.

Maniac