On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today I couldn't even play pool. I went to the ER and they wanted to do another cat scan. i declined and will try to see a nurolegist tomorrow if I can. he said it usually takes about 2 weeks to get in and see one of the guys he recommended. Good Luck with that.

might have to take a few weeks off and find out what is going on and try to figure out how to make it better.

Starting January 1, the new Obamacare health insurance law goes into effect. You can no longer be denied medical insurance due to pre-existing conditions. If you haven't already done so, I hope you'll sign up for health insurance.

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Starting January 1, the new Obamacare health insurance law goes into effect. You can no longer be denied medical insurance due to pre-existing conditions. If you haven't already done so, I hope you'll sign up for health insurance.

Come on now...He feels sick enough already....stop playing tricks on him!:thumbup:

Jeff Livingston

stevelomako

Beauvoir.
Silver Member
You need to go back home for awhile and get yourself in order.

It's not going to get any easier or better with what you're putting yourself through right now.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am home...........

You need to go back home for awhile and get yourself in order.

It's not going to get any easier or better with what you're putting yourself through right now.

This is my home.

Home, home is on the road..............

This is my job and this is what i do..

I enjoy it and will keep doing it until they pry my cue stick from my hand.....

It's been a great ride and still is.

Still can't hardly wait to get to the pool hall.

Today i teach a young lady that is legally blind. She can see some and already had some amazing results with the limited amount I have shown here.

When working with someone brings tears to my eyes a little here and there I can't think of anything I else i would rather do.

This young lady has more courage than all the pool players i know put together. She's upbeat and energetic and just wants to play good pool.

Can't imagine not being able to see.

Most of us don't have any problems compared to the daily trials she must have to face every single day of her life.

Most of us couldn't get a big enough spot to play even if the game was having true heart.

I'm a lucky man to even be working with this young lady and it's a true honor.

Got to get going. Don't want to be late..

One man a van and the road............

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met her at Break Away doing mini lessons.........

Are you gonna charge the blind girl the $200?

I decided then I would work with this young lady. She doesn't have the funds to pay for lessons. I don't know her financial situation but i assume it's hard to hold a real high dollar job being almost legally blind.

I worked with her boyfriend, Andy this afternoon and was hoping to work with Barbara also but she had to work.

I'm going over to Breakaway right now to work with her son. She asked me to. he;s 18. Andy will be able to help her with some parts and the son after I'm gone.

I do many free lessons out here. I just need to do enough paying lessons to keep my head above water. And sometimes it's tough.

We changed her lesson until tomorrow.

I'm really looking forward to it.

One man a van and the road.........

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member

..............................................................................................................

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Met up with Lee brett tonight.........

I went over to help Barbara's son with a mini lesson and he decided to come tomorrow for the full lesson with his mother. These 2 are playing on the same team and pool is something they can all share together.

While there I saw Lee Brett hitting some balls. Went over and said hi. Sounds like he will be pretty busy with all the leagues at Break away Billiards.

As i was waiting for Barbara's son to finish his league i worked with a guy named Edward that was around all week but never took advantage of the mini lesson. he did tonight and as usual had big trouble cutting the way of his non dominant eye.

I need to call him tomorrow to set up a time. He plays at a higher level and couldn't hardly believe how tough cutting one way was compared to the other.

Other than that i played some sets with Rhea for practice.

Overall a pretty quiet day.

Was pretty tired again today so i know I had more siezures last night. Got an appointment with a nuerologist Thursday at 3:00. They seemed to be surprised that the doctor the night before didn't give me anything to take for the siezures.

I don't think the ER doc thought that my siezures were really that. I told him that it was pretty clear to Rhea what it was.

I'll find out what the score is on Thursday i hope. This is why I've been so tired. this has been going on for about 7 months ever since the accident. I know because the mattress looks like it is going to fall off the bed on some mornings. I thought it might just be from turning over so much, so much for thinking.

Going to bed now and see if I can break dance with the devil........

One man a van and the road..............

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I went over to help Barbara's son with a mini lesson and he decided to come tomorrow for the full lesson with his mother. These 2 are playing on the same team and pool is something they can all share together.

While there I saw Lee Brett hitting some balls. Went over and said hi. Sounds like he will be pretty busy with all the leagues at Break away Billiards.

As i was waiting for Barbara's son to finish his league i worked with a guy named Edward that was around all week but never took advantage of the mini lesson. he did tonight and as usual had big trouble cutting the way of his non dominant eye.

I need to call him tomorrow to set up a time. He plays at a higher level and couldn't hardly believe how tough cutting one way was compared to the other.

Was pretty tired again today so i know I had more siezures last night. Got an appointment with a nuerologist Thursday at 3:00. They seemed to be surprised that the doctor the night before didn't give me anything to take for the siezures.

I don't think the ER doc thought that my siezures were really that. I told him that it was pretty clear to Rhea what it was.

I'll find out what the score is on Thursday i hope. This is why I've been so tired. this has been going on for about 7 months ever since the accident. I know because the mattress looks like it is going to fall off the bed on some mornings. I thought it might just be from turning over so much, so much for thinking.

If you or Rhea has a smart phone, she could film your seizures for the physician's inspection.

JoeyA

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

When you play Rhea , how do you play and what was the outcome, if i may ask?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
If you or Rhea has a smart phone, she could film your seizures for the physician's inspection.

JoeyA

Right on Joey, and that is the best thing to do before seeing a doctor. Also there are times that the reason doesn't show up. In that case they write a script for anti-convultion meds. Good thinking JoeyA. Johnnyt

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rhea told me it was more like the SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes:

I dont think its funny.

You need to get checked out.

We have lost too many players this year, and I wouldnt want you be one of them. Quit screwing around and get checked out. :mad:

Freakin pool players are worse than kids..........

Ken

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps; "Sleep apnea???"

Hi Gene,
Billy Gibbs here, so sorry to hear your dealing with a new health issue (when we met at Barry's poolroom, it was your teeth and the "Caps issue"). I've been meaning to get on this thread and thank you for your insight about approaching the table with your "GODS eye" in command.
I don't think our mutual friend Chris Renfro, mentioned this to you, but, I had a debilitating stroke 7 years ago that left me paralyzed on my right side. As a result, everything thing changed in my routines around the table. Now, when I was able to start hitting balls again, I developed some lazy habits. One such habit was not looking at each shot from behind, away from the table.

The interesting part? I played golf and had always envisioned each shot from behind the ball in my pre-shot routine on the golf course. So, when I began playing pool I already new the value of addressing each individual shot from a "set position." However, 30 some years later, after the stroke, I did everything a bit different and had lost that conscious effort in addressing each shot from the viewpoint of my dominant eye. Now when you pointed out that I was crossing my dominant eyes sight line bending down to get on the shot, and how that was "crossing hemisphere's in my brain" with my eye's switching focus, I realized a couple of days later that you had pointed out a very important flaw in keeping my dominant eye in conscience control.

Back at the poolroom, after practicing my approach to the table, with my focus on looking at the shot from 3 ft. away behind the shot line, using my dominant eye, I'm so-------much more solid in my shot execution!!!

So, thanks for that tid bit of wisdom, and keep on putting "the perfect aim theology" out there for those willing to think it through! Thanks again, I really enjoyed meeting and talking with you and Rhea! For my money, you work the room in a very positive manner! [I.M.H.O.(Your kind of showmanship is good for this sport)]!

All the best, and I hope you get a reprieve from all LIFE"S recent negativity!!!:thumbup:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Hi Gene,
Billy Gibbs here, so sorry to hear your dealing with a new health issue (when we met at Barry's poolroom, it was your teeth and the "Caps issue"). I've been meaning to get on this thread and thank you for your insight about approaching the table with your "GODS eye" in command.
I don't think our mutual friend Chris Renfro, mentioned this to you, but, I had a debilitating stroke 7 years ago that left me paralyzed on my right side. As a result, everything thing changed in my routines around the table. Now, when I was able to start hitting balls again, I developed some lazy habits. One such habit was not looking at each shot from behind, away from the table.

The interesting part? I played golf and had always envisioned each shot from behind the ball in my pre-shot routine on the golf course. So, when I began playing pool I already new the value of addressing each individual shot from a "set position." However, 30 some years later, after the stroke, I did everything a bit different and had lost that conscious effort in addressing each shot from the viewpoint of my dominant eye. Now when you pointed out that I was crossing my dominant eyes sight line bending down to get on the shot, and how that was "crossing hemisphere's in my brain" with my eye's switching focus, I realized a couple of days later that you had pointed out a very important flaw in keeping my dominant eye in conscience control.

Back at the poolroom, after practicing my approach to the table, with my focus on looking at the shot from 3 ft. away behind the shot line, using my dominant eye, I'm so-------much more solid in my shot execution!!!

So, thanks for that tid bit of wisdom, and keep on putting "the perfect aim theology" out there for those willing to think it through! Thanks again, I really enjoyed meeting and talking with you and Rhea! For my money, you work the room in a very positive manner! [I.M.H.O.(Your kind of showmanship is good for this sport)]!

All the best, and I hope you get a reprieve from all LIFE"S recent negativity!!!:thumbup:

Now this is what you call a GREAT POST!
JoeyA

Love The Game

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geno

How many times do I have to post this.....Geno, come to Denver. You will get a fair game. I will guarantee we will post as much as you bring.

You have friends here..,,,,please come out.....
You can bet all you want against 5 different guys,,,you pick.....bet what you want,,,,

questions? I'm calling you out Geno machino> Do something:)