Southwest Cue

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Received good news today from Laurie,the cue I ordered 12 1/2 years ago is completed.She is spraying up the joint protectors,cue will be shipped on Monday.After the long wait this cue better be a monster player.I had to share this news with my AZ family

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Received good news today from Laurie,the cue I ordered 12 1/2 years ago is completed.She is spraying up the joint protectors,cue will be shipped on Monday.After the long wait this cue better be a monster player.I had to share this news with my AZ family

Share the news and share the cues. We are all family and we would all like a week with this baby!;)

Congrats on receiving the cue and your patience. I am hoping to see pictures.

asiasdad

Banned

You ordered in 2004 ?

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

GREAT NEWS !!
MINE WAS 12 YEARS, 10 MONTHS.
"My avatar.
I don't have a table at my home,
cue still sitting in the case ....
My local pool hall is supposedly going SMOKELESS,
pretty soon.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Congrats...it was a big deal for me when my cue was complete, 12years later. I bet it will be a legacy cue, hard to sell after waiting that long.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member

I received mine in Jan. It was a very long wait and I actually thought that Laurie lost my "application" and just wrote it off figuring that it wasn't meant to be. She said that she keeps good records and will really try to contact the person many times. I was afraid that I wasn't home to answer the phone or the call got blocked.

It will not disappoint you. I can see why the cues are in demand. Everything about the cue is excellent. It weights 19.5 oz but I don't really feel the weight because of the balance. Very solid hitting and feels very natural, like an extension of my arm.

Only complaint is that Laurie didn't remove all the misses before she shipped it. 😂

🎱

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member

deleted...

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

Pics or it didn't happen.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Congrats. - I know you're excited. Hope it meets ALL your expectations and more. Enjoy.

Pics or it didn't happen.

How many cues does SW make per year? Is it really that hard to believe that a person from AZ will be receiving their ordered cue (from an order they placed 12 or 13 years ago)? I imagine that they do not cost nearly as much directly from SW (for anyone who is willing to wait 12 or 13 years, or however long it takes), as they cost on the 2nd hand market, but I do not know.

Last edited:

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Southwest Cues

Thanks for all the nice words and info.My cur order was placed in October 2004,I forgot about the order,was surprised when Laurie called me in November for the balance I owed on the cue.I will have the cue in my hands on Tuesday,I will post pictures and specs for the cue.Forearm,butt,points are purple heart,all the rings and custom joint protectors,The veneers are white,blue,white

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
12 years, that's borderline offensive. On the good side, if you agreed to a set price in 2004 then you do get a break thanks to a lower price index.

How long is the predicted/expected wait if someone gets on the list now?

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
12 years, that's borderline offensive. On the good side, if you agreed to a set price in 2004 then you do get a break thanks to a lower price index.

You pay the current price....

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's still about 12 years.

And this isn't that uncommon....just in the pool world maybe. I once waited 10 years for a custom pocket knife. Like Southwest though, you just put your name on the list. There is no money required to get on the list so not like you're out anything during that time. When your name comes up they contact you to finalize the order and discuss pricing (you pay their current price). Then they build it, you pay, and you get your cue or knife or whatever.

I'm on the Southwest list. Why not, took nothing more than a quick email to Laurie. In 10.5 years my name will come up and I can order my cue if I still want one (can't imagine not wanting it).

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

When I got in the list, the wait was 7 years, and I got it in 10 years.

The price that they listed in 2003 was changed sometime in the mid to late 2000. It was a long time coming.

So in 2013, I paid $1700 for my SW, and could have got nearly double the day I received it.

Today, they're at a 12-year wait, so suspect that it will be 15 years if you order today.