Why are we not seeing more pictures of new cues in the Gallery Section

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Have cue makers slowed down or even stopped building cues?

It seems you never see new cues being built and shown off here anymore.

What's the deal?

Thanks

Kevin

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
my buying days are done, guess i got addicted to it some,

i got my player, and case, and thats all for me

id rather buy up used carom tables, and use them to teach about the games

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I didn't know there was a gallery. :)

There is a Gallery section that used to be pretty active with new builds and new buys. Now it is mostly crickets. Thank god Bob Owen is still building, showing and selling cues. At least he is one maker still very active in production.

Overall the entire forum is OVERRUN with NPR posts and it is almost depressing to come here anymore. That being said I am not giving up hope.

Let's see some new cues please.

Thanks

Kevin

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What we are witnessing is what amounts to a loss of interest & participation on this site.
This may be the beginning of the end which would be just awful but social media has
absolutely impacted the overall approach to cue sales/marketing in the secondary market

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's an overload

I think azb has about reached an overload, same thing over and over and over and over.

I still build cues and post a few in display and in the for sale section, but most are on facebook.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pics

From people I have spoken to that posted pics in both the Gallery and sales section now say it is too hard to post their pics.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
From people I have spoken to that posted pics in both the Gallery and sales section now say it is too hard to post their pics.

When they don't know that you can upload photos right to your azbilliards profile

There REALLY needs to be a sticky in this

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I am not putting out any pictures of my cues anymore. To many hackers and thieves out there. Some time ago, a person came on the cue gallery asking about a SW cue that a person was selling in Viet Nam. Had pictures of the cue from a pool forum in Siagon. The SW cue in the picture was mine and in my possession. Pin number match and all. He lifted pics of my cue from Photobucket and was scamming folks to make a sale on something he didn't have.

:eek:

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
I've posted a few of my cues in the past... I regret it. I really don't want people to know what I have which is about nothing.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Custom 360 Rauenzahn on order!

Have cue makers slowed down or even stopped building cues?

It seems you never see new cues being built and shown off here anymore.

What's the deal?

Thanks

Kevin

Well, I have one that is on order. And here's a pict to prove it. Can't wait!

Attachments

• rauenzahn360blank.jpg
    rauenzahn360blank.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 875
Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the whole Photobucket debacle really knocked a lot of people out of posting images. It became more difficult to post them, at least from mobile. I use Imgur now but it was easier with photobucket.

That, plus the move to social. The Facebook groups have quite a bit of activity these days. It too bad because I prefer the forum setup to FB, but since so many people are already on FB for other things it's in front of them a lot more often probably. It's also super easy to post pictures to FB right from your phone (which is likely also your camera).

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There you have it
Deanoc was ahead of his time by refusing to post pictures

Either that or he couldn't figure it out

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The gallery is not just for new cues. Old, new, anything you want to show off.

What has happened?

The sewer of the internet: Facebook.

If the internet needed an enema, you would shove the tube in Facebook.

IMHO, of course.

Reactions: CGM

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
and like that, im buying a super plain jane player

i just sold 2 cases yesterday, down to one

guess that means i get to buy another case now!

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still post in "Show Your Palmers" but of other cues, I must admit that I don't post everything I acquire and I am a supporter of AZ Billiards over Facebook.

Last edited: