Best tip I've played with for years..........

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great thread. Credible recomendations. I have used Moori for years. I stocked up long ago. I will order some of these tomorrow. Thanks for the thread and thanks for the comments. Now I just need to order my stroke back.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will see things happening..........

great thread. Credible recomendations. I have used Moori for years. I stocked up long ago. I will order some of these tomorrow. Thanks for the thread and thanks for the comments. Now I just need to order my stroke back.

I noticed that I wasn't missing shots because of too much spin. Or missing shape because the tip grabbed the ball too much.

Once you get one of these on you will see the things you lost from your game that these super grabbing tips robbed you of.

Just my opinion but who am I.

After shooting one night with this tip I sent off my entry to the Carom Room $400 entry tourny there on the 20th of august.

I feel that good about that tip.

Thanks again Chris...........

Last edited:

mcsock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After my 1st order of the sampler from Outsville, I bought a new Tiger Ultra-X shaft. After 1 week with the tip that came on the shaft, I place an order for med. tips. I have atleast a 2 year supply of tips from Chris. I see no reason to ever change to anything else. I do not play much anymore, but still nice to have tip on you trust.

Matt Tatum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been using Moori medium for several years. Just ordered some Ki tech soft tips. Will give them a try soon.

how does the Moori tip compare to a black Kamui Soft or Md...... if been wanting to try a Moori for a while now, but still have life left in the Kamui

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hey Bruce, I think you should really check with your doctor.
Dementia or parkinson's appears to be kicking in on you.
You appear to be senile now as your timing is really getting bad.
Seriously. Ask around.

Not to mention coco mentions folks "pimping" out tips because they got a free one... meanwhile, he advertises for JB for free night and day??

And then goes on about everyone has opinions, and it does not matter, yet he's here to tell us JB cases are the best in the world at the drop of a hat. That boy best get his mind right, cause there be something rattling around up thar ;)

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Smack a LePro with a Hammer. If it farts it is bad . Toss it. You might get 3 good tips to a box but they will out play almost everything. Same thing with 15 mm triangles. If you never want to miss Cue go heavy and play Elkmaster smacked with a hammer or soak It and press it.
These cheap tips out play everything. Problem is you might not get 3 good tips to a box.
Nick :)

That's still only 7 bucks or less a tip:thumbup:......

riedmich

.. dogs' friend ..
Silver Member
That's the problem. You have to find a jewel .

Put a Triangle on last night .

What a piece of kaka it is. You can't even tell where the cueball is going.

That's the thing about KTech and other quality tips. You can feel where the cue ball is going consistently.

Ktech Medium and black Kamui S are the best playing tips out there now imo.

And I don't need to check the Mueller's catalog.

sure it was the tip that made you not hit?? ;-)

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an amazing tip ... I shoot with a layered tip, tried Kamui and gave up on them. I found the Kamui tips harden up, and quickly ... for the price I got away from them in a hurry.

Tried the Tiger Everest and the same story as the Kamui. Nice tip, I really liked it for about 4 or 5 sessions and then it would turn hard as a rock, with a nice glaze.

For a while now I have been using the Ultra-Skin medium ... very nice tip ... much better than Kamui or Tiger. Holds it's shape well and does not glaze over and get hard, plays like a Kamui or Tiger but it keeps playing that way.

Then I ordered some Ki-techs from Chris.

I found his tips produce more spin than anything I have ever used.

So much that I am still trying to get used to them. Granted this may have more to do with my stroke than anything else, but I can draw 4 rails with ease.

Still a practice session tip for me, but time and practice may make it my new playing tip in the future.

In my opinion this is a must try tip ... Might be the first real 'new' tip in a long time.

And another thing, Chris is as good a dude to do business with that you will ever find.

Draw 4 rails with ease. Back--down--back and down. Now that is an endorsement. Just kidding--I think. These are a great group of compliments and probably warrant me trying these tips. Thanks to all.

TheThaiger

Banned
I noticed that I wasn't missing shots because of too much spin. Or missing shape because the tip grabbed the ball too much.

Once you get one of these on you will see the things you lost from your game that these super grabbing tips robbed you of.

Just my opinion but who am I.

After shooting one night with this tip I sent off my entry to the Carom Room $400 entry tourny there on the 20th of august.

I feel that good about that tip.

Thanks again Chris...........

Sorry, I'm confused. Do these tips grip as well as layered tips or not?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to mention coco mentions folks "pimping" out tips because they got a free one... meanwhile, he advertises for JB for free night and day??

And then goes on about everyone has opinions, and it does not matter, yet he's here to tell us JB cases are the best in the world at the drop of a hat. That boy best get his mind right, cause there be something rattling around up thar ;)

I got a Ki Tech free to try.
I played with it for about a month.
Then I bought (paid money) for the sampler pack. That's how much I like this tip.
A friend of mine took 2 tips and had a medium put on. He likes it too. And he was a hard core layered tip guy.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I got a Ki Tech free to try.
I played with it for about a month.
Then I bought (paid money) for the sampler pack. That's how much I like this tip.
A friend of mine took 2 tips and had a medium put on. He likes it too. And he was a hard core layered tip guy.

More positive reviews.....Nice to see one of our own making good products for the pool industry.

JoeyA

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Draw 4 rails with ease. Back--down--back and down. Now that is an endorsement. Just kidding--I think. These are a great group of compliments and probably warrant me trying these tips. Thanks to all.

No, not Back--down --back and down .... I'm talking I need some cut, as in 4 rails to make one big lap around the table. :)

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, I'm confused. Do these tips grip as well as layered tips or not?

Depending on your stroke performance may vary ... For me, I can generate more spin with a firm to heavy hit with the Ki Tech ... Softer hits are similar but have a more solid feel to them with the Ki Tech for my hands.

Best thing I can say is try one and see how it blends with your game, the price is right ...

TheThaiger

Banned
Depending on your stroke performance may vary ... For me, I can generate more spin with a firm to heavy hit with the Ki Tech ... Softer hits are similar but have a more solid feel to them with the Ki Tech for my hands.

Best thing I can say is try one and see how it blends with your game, the price is right ...

But that's where I'm confused - its a single layered tip, but priced like a layered? Seems pricey to me...

My hunch is, it hits well, needs little maintenance but doesn't spin the ball as impressively as a kamui. In that case, is it 10 dollars better than a le pro or a triangle and a hammer?

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was hinted that these tips require unique methods for installation. Can anyone provide insight?

mcsock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue guy does not llike putting them on, but he is a good guy and does it. They are tough and just need to be trimmed down with a blade. Nothing really special, but an old used blade might not be sharp enough.

riedmich

.. dogs' friend ..
Silver Member
But that's where I'm confused - its a single layered tip, but priced like a layered? Seems pricey to me...

My hunch is, it hits well, needs little maintenance but doesn't spin the ball as impressively as a kamui. In that case, is it 10 dollars better than a le pro or a triangle and a hammer?

Yes I think so, I tell you my experience because I make also my own milkdud and played many different layered tips before. (The layered tip that is at the highest level of quality is to me the Kamui brown.) The Kitech I tried also and I just can say they are great!

The Kitech are in my opinion underpriced. Compare the consistency of the Kitech with other high quality layered tips, Kamui brown for example. The Kitech behaves not exaxctly the same like my second favorite, the Kamui brown, but that's not the issue. Each of all tips has its special signature / profile in how it performs and how it develops over the period of usage. That's a personal question which tip gives you a nice feeling. But the Kitech is one of the single layered tips that has the highest level of consistency, concerning from tip to tip and from beginning to the end. Higher than any layered tip that I know up to now. You get much more consistency and durability at the Kitech than at any other layered tip, and a very good performance that is made to acchieve a consistent game. For this reasons I think the Kitech are by far underpriced, or I could say the high quality layered tips are by far overpriced, like you want. Beside the Kitech there are a few other milkduds that play in the same league as the Kitech, they all (I call them as a group "modified single layered tips") have the advantages of highest consistency and durability, each with its nuances of slightly different performances / behavior. These high quality modified single layered tips I think are in general by far underpriced.

You can have a usual single layered on a very similar level like some types of modified single layered tips, but here I must say: good luck. The variance here is extremely high, the ones that are relatively low in their variance are the triangle. (If you make high quality milkduds, and I'm sure Chris does also, you must preselect the singles before you go into the step of soaking and pressing, by the way. This requires some experience also to make sure you eliminate the variance from beginning on.)

Some people seem to have a prejudice against Kitech and other modified single layered tip (milkduds). But as soon as you set your focus onto highest level of playing consistency you will come to appreciate these kind of modified single layered tips. That's my personal experience.

Last edited: