Best tip I've played with for years..........

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to congratulate all in the thread who can operate the website. Ican not. I have send them an e mail on my problem. As I said yesterday, I would give them a try. I figured I would get Medium and the 5 pack for $40 to see how it goes. There was no way for me to select a certain tip, S M H ?? At least, I coud not get there.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
It was hinted that these tips require unique methods for installation. Can anyone provide insight?

Just a sharp knife. If done on a lathe, you might need to use 2 blades instead of the usual 1. They go blunt fast when shaping.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
I currently have a SS Kamui Clear tip on and I have been wanting to try the Medium Ki Tech's. After hearing all these awesome reviews the order is getting put in this weekend. Stoked to try these out.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
I currently have a SS Kamui Clear tip on and I have been wanting to try the Medium Ki Tech's. After hearing all these awesome reviews the order is getting put in this weekend. Stoked to try these out.

If you're using a SS Kamui, I feel start with the S.

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i send an email 2 days ago and didn't get any response from the tip maker .

I was wondering he would ship to Europe .

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
i send an email 2 days ago and didn't get any response from the tip maker .

I was wondering he would ship to Europe .

I have been staying off the forum the last few days as I have had to take care of several consulting clients so I do apologize for not answering your PM... I was going to in private and decided it's a common question so answering here would be better.....

Shipping overseas is not cheap to say the least... And customs means packages may take weeks to show up... I have several requests from Europe and Asia to set up distributors and I think that will be how we go in the future but we are still David vs Goliath and I won't/can't determine what a fair deal is but I am working on it....

We are going to start handling more of the shipping in house which means customs forms won't require a 30 minute wait each day in line..... What I have done in the past for buyers who were willing to take the risk was to mail them out with no tracking.... And I am willing to reship a 2nd time if it doesn't reach you within 30 days.... So far about 80% have made it and the other 20% have cut me to making very little when time and overhead are factored in....

The in house shipping change will happen in the next 2 weeks.. IF you are overseas and I have stone walled you I apologize but the overseas issue wasn't a large one until the last 3 months... I have likely ignored 30 clients in that amount of time which is still a small number compared to our North American sales but I know I wouldn't want to just be ignored without understanding why.......

If you are in Belgium I will sell and ship to you.... I need you to email the address and the quantity you want to purchase to outsville@hotmail.com... I will honor the quantity pricing on the outsville.com site and you will have to pay the difference between tracked shipping in North America $3.55ish u.s. vs regular shipping to where you are.....

We WILL get better at the shipping aspect and I hope to have distribution overseas in the next 6 months but we aren't ready to tackle those growing pains yet... Right now we are just dealing with doubling monthly production about every 2 months..... I thank everyone on AZ and in the industry who has helped.... Growing pains are a good thing and a sign that we won't be going away anytime soon.....

Chris

TheThaiger

Banned
Yes I think so, I tell you my experience because I make also my own milkdud and played many different layered tips before. (The layered tip that is at the highest level of quality is to me the Kamui brown.) The Kitech I tried also and I just can say they are great!

The Kitech are in my opinion underpriced. Compare the consistency of the Kitech with other high quality layered tips, Kamui brown for example. The Kitech behaves not exaxctly the same like my second favorite, the Kamui brown, but that's not the issue. Each of all tips has its special signature / profile in how it performs and how it develops over the period of usage. That's a personal question which tip gives you a nice feeling. But the Kitech is one of the single layered tips that has the highest level of consistency, concerning from tip to tip and from beginning to the end. Higher than any layered tip that I know up to now. You get much more consistency and durability at the Kitech than at any other layered tip, and a very good performance that is made to acchieve a consistent game. For this reasons I think the Kitech are by far underpriced, or I could say the high quality layered tips are by far overpriced, like you want. Beside the Kitech there are a few other milkduds that play in the same league as the Kitech, they all (I call them as a group "modified single layered tips") have the advantages of highest consistency and durability, each with its nuances of slightly different performances / behavior. These high quality modified single layered tips I think are in general by far underpriced.

You can have a usual single layered on a very similar level like some types of modified single layered tips, but here I must say: good luck. The variance here is extremely high, the ones that are relatively low in their variance are the triangle. (If you make high quality milkduds, and I'm sure Chris does also, you must preselect the singles before you go into the step of soaking and pressing, by the way. This requires some experience also to make sure you eliminate the variance from beginning on.)

Some people seem to have a prejudice against Kitech and other modified single layered tip (milkduds). But as soon as you set your focus onto highest level of playing consistency you will come to appreciate these kind of modified single layered tips. That's my personal experience.

Thanks. The kamui brown medium is my tip of choice also, but I've had one that literally fell apart and one that glazed constantly. Performance wise, they are superb.

I want a tip I don't even have to think about. I have enough to worry about as it is.

TheThaiger

Banned
I have been staying off the forum the last few days as I have had to take care of several consulting clients so I do apologize for not answering your PM... I was going to in private and decided it's a common question so answering here would be better.....

Shipping overseas is not cheap to say the least... And customs means packages may take weeks to show up... I have several requests from Europe and Asia to set up distributors and I think that will be how we go in the future but we are still David vs Goliath and I won't/can't determine what a fair deal is but I am working on it....

We are going to start handling more of the shipping in house which means customs forms won't require a 30 minute wait each day in line..... What I have done in the past for buyers who were willing to take the risk was to mail them out with no tracking.... And I am willing to reship a 2nd time if it doesn't reach you within 30 days.... So far about 80% have made it and the other 20% have cut me to making very little when time and overhead are factored in....

The in house shipping change will happen in the next 2 weeks.. IF you are overseas and I have stone walled you I apologize but the overseas issue wasn't a large one until the last 3 months... I have likely ignored 30 clients in that amount of time which is still a small number compared to our North American sales but I know I wouldn't want to just be ignored without understanding why.......

If you are in Belgium I will sell and ship to you.... I need you to email the address and the quantity you want to purchase to outsville@hotmail.com... I will honor the quantity pricing on the outsville.com site and you will have to pay the difference between tracked shipping in North America $3.55ish u.s. vs regular shipping to where you are.....

We WILL get better at the shipping aspect and I hope to have distribution overseas in the next 6 months but we aren't ready to tackle those growing pains yet... Right now we are just dealing with doubling monthly production about every 2 months..... I thank everyone on AZ and in the industry who has helped.... Growing pains are a good thing and a sign that we won't be going away anytime soon.....

Chris

Overseas shipping shouldn't be difficult or expensive - I've had plenty of things shipped to me for around 5 dollars. Can't see it being any more risky than sending within the us either.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Overseas shipping shouldn't be difficult or expensive - I've had plenty of things shipped to me for around 5 dollars. Can't see it being any more risky than sending within the us either.

Its not difficult but expensive. I would guess anything below USD10 would be cue tips only. Anything heavier is not gonna be cheap.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me Too

I want to congratulate all in the thread who can operate the website. Ican not. I have send them an e mail on my problem. As I said yesterday, I would give them a try. I figured I would get Medium and the 5 pack for $40 to see how it goes. There was no way for me to select a certain tip, S M H ?? At least, I coud not get there.

I didn't see a hardness selection either. I just wrote it in the comments section.

riedmich

.. dogs' friend ..
Silver Member
Thanks. The kamui brown medium is my tip of choice also, but I've had one that literally fell apart and one that glazed constantly. Performance wise, they are superb.

I want a tip I don't even have to think about. I have enough to worry about as it is.

What you experienced is exactly the issue. Even the best layered tips some times have inconsistencies pretty early after installation. This is one of the reasons why I have chosen the modified single layered tips as my no. 1. Try the Kitechs, try other milkduds, and take that one you feel the best. Give the single layered a chance, it might be a big step forward.

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Play-ability range!"

The jury is still out on this tip.
all the good layered tips were transferring too much stuff to the object ball for me so i kept searching.

All the old tips that i used to use just didn't hold up the way they used to or even play the same.

I ran into Chris Renfro at Q masters while at the US Open and he had me hit some balls with a tip he was working on. The few shots that i shot i couldn't really see how they played. I kind of assumed they might be OK and maybe not OK.

I played for about 3 hours tonight and ran a 7 pack. Been a long time coming for that. Every aspect of the game just got easier.

Now if this tip holds up like Chris says it will he has a winner here for sure.

In 3 hours the shape has not changed a bit.

So far I'm just amazed.

Putting one on for my son tomorrow. he can't hardly wait.

No, I'm not selling them. I only have 2 and my son gets one and the other i need for a spare. Chris told me i should get 3 to 4 months out of it.

I don't even know how to get more except I'm going to call chris tomorrow and see how many i can get.

I have allot of friends I want to hook up.

Thanks Chris for making such a great product.............

I've been installing these tips from "the jump," probably over 100 in a very small market. There have been "no complaints," and in a pool room that's unheard of!! The thing is, though, the real achievement in this product is being somewhat overlooked, (I.M.H.O.) the play-ability range each tip falls into, as a hard, medium, or soft. Each of these tips that he's producing are not only consistent to one another, but also re-define the "ocean" like categories of soft, medium, and hard. Now a player is able to look at a consistent range of numbers that really mater in the play-ability of feel, by relating to resiliency factor "CLR," and durometer numbers which basically work to establish the hardness criteria. With these 2 numbers being consistent tip to tip, a player now has "REAL data" to make excellent tip selection choices with. Now that's good for everybody in the sport (I.M.H.O.)!!!:thumbup:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been staying off the forum the last few days as I have had to take care of several consulting clients . . . . I was going to answer in private and decided it's a common question so answering here would be better.....

Chris
------------------------------------------------------
While you're back on the forum, Chris, please inform those of us who want to order a single Ki-Tech *Soft* (option presently not available) from your website, how to go about doing so.

I assume it would be priced -- like the single Med or Hard -- at $15.00.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Arnaldo

Last edited:

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
------------------------------------------------------
While you're back on the forum, Chris, please inform those of us who want to order a single Ki-Tech *Soft* (option presently not available) from your website, how to go about doing so.

I assume it would be priced -- like the single Med or Hard -- at $15.00.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Arnaldo

Am out of room on the simple storefront and am in the process of upgrading so I will have more functionality soon.... As well as being allowed to have more items... Until then if you want to order a single soft order one of the other singles and write in the notes/comments section that you want a soft instead......

Chris

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should read some of the threads on these tips. I have been raving about them since I got mine. I've had it for months now and have literally not touched it to shape it in that time, never mind the 3 hours you used it for LOL

Only thing I have done is scruff it up a little, and that I only needed to do a few times over those months I've had it.

I've used Kamui Black softs and while those were excellent tips, they needed more maintenance, were easily double the price and the hardness changed well before the tip wore down enough to need replacing. The Ki-Tech Soft is harder now than when new after a few months of use, but is still clearly in the soft category.

There were really only a few products that I recommend people try when I see questions like what tip / shaft / cue to get, the Players HXT shafts and cues for their value and feel, and these Ki Tech tips Chris makes.

i use a kamui black soft and never have to tough it except with the gator grip once in a while

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Am out of room on the simple storefront and am in the process of upgrading so I will have more functionality soon.... As well as being allowed to have more items... Until then if you want to order a single soft order one of the other singles and write in the notes/comments section that you want a soft instead......

Chris

The storefront is updated but am still tweaking it... Should be no more problems with figuring out how to configure your orders... Will get more pictures and information up as we go... Photographer is supposed to be here tomorrow night so here to hoping we make some progress....

Chris