Aiming Method--open vs closed bridge

Pangit

Banned
It must make a difference, for those concerned? I don't know what aiming method's are? I use experience, a fast pace, don't need to walk around the table and look at things.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
It must make a difference, for those concerned? I don't know what aiming method's are? I use experience, a fast pace, don't need to walk around the table and look at things.

I don't get what you're trying to say here -- what does an "open or closed bridge" have anything even remotely to do with an aiming system, or "pace around the table"?

<scratching head>
-Sean

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't get what you're trying to say here -- what does an "open or closed bridge" have anything even remotely to do with an aiming system, or "pace around the table"?

<scratching head>
-Sean

Scratching head as well.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think what he is trying to say is does it matter if one uses open hand bridge vs closed hand bridges. I myself think it matters to my game sometimes I feel more comfortable making a shot with an open hand vs a closed hand bridge.

Like on long thinner cut shots I'll use a closed hand bridge and like long rail shot I'll go with and open hand instead of closed hand

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Dave.

Pangit: you know that the format of the AZB forums is just that -- a forum -- right? This is not Twitter where you can dump your daily one-liner musings. Or, if you do, I'd suggest you do so in a way that leads to conversation and discussion (i.e. clear/lucid thoughts that have a meaning and direction), which are what forums are about.

-Sean

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think what he is trying to say is does it matter if one uses open hand bridge vs closed hand bridges. I myself think it matters to my game sometimes I feel more comfortable making a shot with an open hand vs a closed hand bridge.

Like on long thinner cut shots I'll use a closed hand bridge and like long rail shot I'll go with and open hand instead of closed hand

JoseV:

If that were the case, why include "aiming method" and "pace around the table"? What do these have to do with a preference for using either an open or closed bridge on certain shots, as you do?

Perhaps that is the purpose of this thread -- enough ambiguity that the readership is forced into filling-in their own interpretation of detail and purpose.

-Sean <-- thinks he's already spent too much time in this nonsensical thread

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoseV:

If that were the case, why include "aiming method" and "pace around the table"? What do these have to do with a preference for using either an open or closed bridge on certain shots, as you do?

Perhaps that is the purpose of this thread -- enough ambiguity that the readership is forced into filling-in their own interpretation of detail and purpose.

-Sean <-- thinks he's already spent too much time in this nonsensical thread

Your right I re-read what the op wrote them said to myself wait that makes no sense

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

<scratching head>
-Sean

Avoid scratching your head 3 times, Sean.....
...that would result in 'ball in hand'

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I think the choice of open or closed bridge can make a difference in aiming, but apparently not for everyone.

I use an open bridge specifically because it allows me to see the unbroken shaft line, which helps me see clearly where my stick is pointed. In other words, it helps my aiming.

Those who use a closed bridge either don't care about this or haven't thought about it.

pj
chgo

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

I find that i can sight down the cue better with an open bridge.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
How many threads before you guys come to the same realization I did...Pangit is a troll! He will keep this up as long as you keep giving him attention.

Aten

m8
Silver Member
I think the choice of open or closed bridge can make a difference in aiming, but apparently not for everyone.

I use an open bridge specifically because it allows me to see the unbroken shaft line, which helps me see clearly where my stick is pointed. In other words, it helps my aiming.

Those who use a closed bridge either don't care about this or haven't thought about it.

pj
chgo

get down in the right line, stroke straight, and you can bridge with whatever you want

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
If you wish to join me in the "ignore Pangit movement"...just click on his name, click "view public profile", click "user lists" just under his name, & click "add to ignore list".

The forum becomes very enjoyable (once again) after you put a few people on ignore.

pangit.png

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

An open bridge offers many advantages, although, it's not the best for all people or in all situations. For those interested, here's a good video on the topic:

... or their head is high enough so it doesn't really make much difference.

Regards,
Dave

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

Open for all shots?