Who is the maker?

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A buddy of mine has a cue and has no idea who the maker is. Looking for the cue aficionados of this site to help me please. Thank you. Also, it was won at SBE 2 years ago.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
I was going to guess Kent Davis but maybe not

kd.jpg

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if it's a Keith it will have a circle K on the rubber stopper. Also, he engraves a serial number on the pin, ( or at least used to).

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like Kent Davis chicken scratch logo.:grin-square: His cues are usually good hitters.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Kent Davis cues

Looks like Kent Davis chicken scratch logo.:grin-square: His cues are usually good hitters.

The cue in question doesn't look like any Kent Davis cue that I have ever seen.
Ring work is way different and I was under the impression the Kent segmented his butts.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not saying for sure on the cue ID. Kent has for sure used that type of ring.

The cue in question doesn't look like any Kent Davis cue that I have ever seen.
Ring work is way different and I was under the impression the Kent segmented his butts.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Cue I.D.

This cue sure looks like it has a Kent Davis logo to me. If you do an AZ search for Kent Davis Players Cue,
there is a picture of a Davis cue logo on May 27, 2011 that looks absolutely identical to this one.
Including the placement of the year of construction.

Davis gets my vote......:thumbup:

Will Prout

Last edited:

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
This is NOT a Keith Hanssen Kue. Doesn't sign like that, rings are not quite Keith, and the bumper is wrong.

I have not idea who made it but this is not a Keith Kue, Sorry.

Last edited:

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is NOT a Keith Hanssen Kue. Doesn't sign like that, rings are not quite Keith, and the bumper is wrong.

I have not idea who made it but this is not a Keith Kue, Sorry.

I think you're right. I don't believe it has that circle K bumper that someone said it should have. Any other ideas ppl?

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm having Mr Davis do some tip work for me so I texted him the picture from the OP.

He responded this morning confirming that yes, this is a Kent Davis cue.

He even included a pic of another of his cues with the same signature.

KD Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chicken scratch signature

Yes this is one of my cues. It is curly asian satinwood with cocobolo forarm. It is a ring pattern with 36 slots of natural maple .035 veneer in phenolic. Martin, I prefer "doctor's signature!"

Attachments

• 100_1330.jpg
    100_1330.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 91